Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2021, 12:16 PM   #1

GeoPro G19FBS GFCI Issue

The GFCI outlet on my GeoPro trips when not connected to 30 amp service. It works fine when connected to shore power. I cannot test or reset the outlet when it is not connected resulting in all my power outlets not working. While hooked up I have tested each outlet and they seem to be ok. I am wondering if it is an inverter problem. Any help would be appreciated
jgilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 01:32 PM   #2
Always Learning

The real questions is if you have an inverter or not. Some rigs come with them from the factory, but it's more common to not have one at all.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:44 PM   #3
Trailer Park Supervisor

1st, you need to add your model and year to signature in your settings. 2nd, if yours is 2019 or later, you probably have an inverter. You said it works fine on shore power. Are you powering up your inverter when outlets are not working? You need to provide more info.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 02:51 PM   #4

I have a 2021 GeoPro G19FBS and will add to profile. it has a WFCO WF-5110RS 1000W Inverter. I have been doing some testing, all sockets test as ok. When there is shore all power sockets work fine but as soon as power is taken away the GFCI trips. I can only reset it when I have shore power, it will not reset with power removed.
As I tested stuff I unplugged the inverter from power and in that case I was able to reset the GFCI and the power worked fine but not while the inverter is plugged in.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:02 PM   #5
Trailer Park Supervisor

Put it in signature, this way we can all see it anytime you post without having to click off the page. I have had issues with outlets when running a high wattage load (like a 4 slice toaster). I've had to hit the reset button on inverter itself. But that was when I was on shore power. You are having problems when shore power is shut off. Stupid question, but you are turning inverter on via remote switch when you are not not getting power to outlets, yes? Inverter not turned on, dead outlets of course.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:33 PM   #6

Inverter is on and I am using the Remote switch that tells me it is on. I am monitoring the inverter as I have panel off. BTW I dont see a place to put signature in my profile, I will check it out
Old 08-02-2021, 04:23 PM   #7
Trailer Park Supervisor

Go to User CP on top of webpage, you can put it in there. Most folks do their trailer and tow vehicle info, like you see on bottom of my posts. If you locate inverter (mine is mounted on forward wall in outer driver's side compartment behind trim panel, try the reset button. Your symptoms are different than mine, but it may work.
Old 08-03-2021, 02:52 PM   #8

Is the GFCI popping as soon as you power on Inverter? Are you sure the inverter is working? I would unplug trailer. then turn on inverter, then check. You could also check the inverter does not need to be reset.

I have a 21 Geo as well - checked it on dealer lot and it worked fine, but on our first trip out the GFCI went caput (it was a flaky connection on one of the terminals). I got a higher quality one from a local hardware store (Legrand) and replaced. It's been rock solid ever since.

I'd start with the inverter and make sure it's actually working and then I'd replace the GFCI plug - it's simple and low cost to do.
Tow Vehicle:
2021 Ford F-150 / 11,600 towing / 1826 payload
Casademike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 04:28 PM   #9

Thanks everyone, I have now found the issue. I had an adapter in one of the sockets that had 3 x 120v sockets and a couple of USB sockets. It appears that this was the problem. With the adapter in the gfci tripped immediately after going from shore power to inverter power or when I put it in while in inverter power. It however did not trip when in shore power. Once I removed the adapter in inverter power I was able to reset gfci and all is working fine now
Old 08-03-2021, 04:33 PM   #10
Trailer Park Supervisor

Thanks for update. Interesting. If you plug it back in after outlets are hot on inverter, does it still trip?
Old 08-03-2021, 04:38 PM   #11

Yes it does trip it when outlets are hot on inverter but not so when on shore power?

Tags
19fbs