Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2015, 11:34 PM   #21

Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDad01 View Post
Do you plan on driving over mountains or just flat lands?

We have the sister trailer 23lb by flagstaff, and pulled it with an i6 gmc envoy with a 5000 tow capacity. It did good on flats but struggled on hills. I did add an aftermarket trans cooler.

2012 Ford F-150 EB Crew FX4 3.73 gears
2012 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23lb

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
I would like to have the option to do anything. We live in southern California near the beach so our quick trips will be flat. I am a mountain biker though and I'd like to get to places like Utah and Oregon which means several thousand feet of elevation climb over an entire trip from where I am. Plus I would like to take the trailer cross country at some point.

How did you feel your transmission cooler helped your towing? Did you do the work yourself or go to a specialty shop?

I can't believe how useful this forum has been. Funny thing, Originally I was going to buy a 2504s, thinking it was right at my tow capacity. Then as I did some research, I decided against it because everyone told me not to push to your max limit. Now I'm second guessing what I originally thought was insanely light!
wtjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:37 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Many dealers will refuse to do warranty work on units they didn't sell and the manufacturers can't force them.
Doesn't work like the Auto industry.
FR found us a number of local dealers that would do the work even though we bought from a dealer 2000 miles away.

I simply suggest you check with CW first.
This is very good to know. I never would have guessed any business would turn down work. I'm not really sure where to go because most Southern California shops have bad reviews and the prices are very high. Good to know though, Thanks for the insight. This forum and thread in particular have been extremely helpful.
wtjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:02 AM   #23

When I was looking to buy from a dealer 2 hours away I figured I would get service at a local dealer. The local said they would do warranty work but their customers would come first. So it could sit there for a while. I guess I don't blame them.

2015 Flagstaff 26RLWS
2014 Chevy Silverado 4x4 5.3
74 nights camped in 2016, 121 nights camped in 2015
Cmccul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:34 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtjimbo View Post
I would like to have the option to do anything. We live in southern California near the beach so our quick trips will be flat. I am a mountain biker though and I'd like to get to places like Utah and Oregon which means several thousand feet of elevation climb over an entire trip from where I am. Plus I would like to take the trailer cross country at some point.

How did you feel your transmission cooler helped your towing? Did you do the work yourself or go to a specialty shop?

I can't believe how useful this forum has been. Funny thing, Originally I was going to buy a 2504s, thinking it was right at my tow capacity. Then as I did some research, I decided against it because everyone told me not to push to your max limit. Now I'm second guessing what I originally thought was insanely light!

Had the trans cooler installed before any trips so I have nothing to compare it to. I did have it done at a specialty shop.

You can try it out with your current vehicle and see how it feels. We ended up upgrading our TV a year later.

2012 Micro Lite 23lb

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2012 Ford F150 EB Crew FX4 3.73 gears
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
Previous: 2012 Flagstaff MicroLite 23LB
2006 GMC Envoy Denali V8 & 2005 GMC Envoy I6
PSUFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:06 AM   #25

Update

Well, I planned for over a year and we finally made the purchase. I ended up with a screaming good deal on a 2015 Rockwood 2306. My Tundra has done a great job towing so far. The family and I had our first overnight in Carpenteria and everything was amazing. So happy we bought this trailer. Only issue we had was the stereo was not working with the surround sound speakers (first world problems). Thanks for all the help everyone. If anyone comes along this thread and has any questions that I can answer don't hesitate to message me!
Old 12-16-2015, 11:34 AM   #26

Congrats wtjimbo. Happy camping!!!

2012 Micro Lite 23lb

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2012 Ford F150 EB Crew FX4 3.73 gears
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
Previous: 2012 Flagstaff MicroLite 23LB
2006 GMC Envoy Denali V8 & 2005 GMC Envoy I6
PSUFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 01:44 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtjimbo View Post
I'm not really sure where to go because most Southern California shops have bad reviews and the prices are very high. .
If you're in the Orange County/Riverside County area, we have 2 independent places that we like. In Redlands redlandstruckservice.com. In Orange County Pacific RV on Harbor Blvd in Santa Ana.

had a 2015 Rockwood 8281 WS - traded for another brand.
2016 RAM 3500
DNBINFV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags