Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2018, 04:32 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 84
Grill Quick Connect No Gas

I donít think. Can get gas to all other appliances. Iíve even tried using a lighter. What am I missing?
__________________

__________________
2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB
Equalizer 4 PT. WDH 1k/10k
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 4x4
jk70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 04:35 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pinellas Co.
Posts: 122
Ours has a gate valve right at the grill-side of the quick connect. Does yours? Sometimes it's the really obvious stuff.
__________________

__________________
2008 Honda Ridgeline
2013 Rockwood Mini Lite
10k Equali-i-zer WDH
Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Brake Control
tony5oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 04:41 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony5oh View Post
Ours has a gate valve right at the grill-side of the quick connect. Does yours? Sometimes it's the really obvious stuff.
X2. Look for valves near the connectors on both ends of the hose.
stephndudb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 04:53 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephndudb View Post
X2. Look for valves near the connectors on both ends of the hose.


Both ends? I know the valve right where you plug into the grill. I have opened that. The other end would be where?
__________________
2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB
Equalizer 4 PT. WDH 1k/10k
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 4x4
jk70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:31 PM   #5
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 20,262
Every quick connect I've seen on FR products, have a gate lever behind the female connector.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:53 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
koller1509's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Jefferson, PA
Posts: 398
Where you plug in your hose you will see a small silver valve.
__________________
Larry
2014 Ram 3500 Dually 4x4 6.7 Cummins
2017 Sandpiper 378FB
koller1509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:29 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
RangeMaggotBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Somewhere in the Ozarks...
Posts: 838
Everybody is right. There are two valves.
__________________
2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/Diamond pkg.
2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Auto Crew Cab Long Bed
Honda eu2000i generators
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:45 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
007matman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,870
I recently had the same issue when trying to hook up my grill. What I found was that the adapter that was on my grill was different than the one on the hose attached to the camper. Even though they looked very similar and would connect it wasn't enough to get the gas to flow. I took a screwdriver and pressed the inside valve (on the hose) and smelled gas.

I ended up getting a new quick connect and adapter for the grill that were in the same package (the new one has the lever valve built in) and it works prefectly now. I think it was a "Mr Heater" brand.

Press a screwdriver in the end here and see if you get gas.. Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20180403_095758.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	169149
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:07 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Cypressloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Alberta - East of the Rockies, West of the Rest
Posts: 1,660
Another possibility is that if you bought the BBQ just now and it wasn't specifically advertised as "RV BBQ" it has a pressure regulator installed and you need to remove it or have it removed before you connect it to the low pressure line on the rv.
__________________
2018 RAM 5500 Laramie CC
Riverstone Legacy 38RE, 960 Watt Solar, 6x6 Volt AGM Battery Bank, Freedom SW 3012 Inv/Charger
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:32 AM   #10
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 13,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangeMaggotBob View Post
Everybody is right. There are two valves.
Maybe... but Iíve never seen two valves on the trailer itself. Hereís a pic of mine and there is no other except for a valve on my smoker/grill. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0402.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	368.2 KB
ID:	169179

Now... as has been stated - if the grill has its own regulator, you wonít get enough gas through two regulators to cook anything.
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 86; booked = 39
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:37 AM   #11
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 11,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Maybe... but Iíve never seen two valves on the trailer itself. Hereís a pic of mine and there is no other except for a valve on my smoker/grill. Attachment 169179

Now... as has been stated - if the grill has its own regulator, you wonít get enough gas through two regulators to cook anything.
Some extension hoses have another shut-off on the end which is exactly the same as the one Mr. DAN shows on the trailer (connects to grill) but I would assume if you know about one... you'd know about the second... but I hate to assume.

Thread drift... Mr. DAN, what is that hanging off the rubber cap plug/lanyard on the caribiner? Must not be anything important as that isn't a very secure point to attach anything.
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck B&W Companion
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=55
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 11:36 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Capt. Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Franklin County, MO
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Some extension hoses have another shut-off on the end which is exactly the same as the one Mr. DAN shows on the trailer (connects to grill) but I would assume if you know about one... you'd know about the second... but I hate to assume.

Thread drift... Mr. DAN, what is that hanging off the rubber cap plug/lanyard on the caribiner? Must not be anything important as that isn't a very secure point to attach anything.

Exactly what I was wondering, 5picker.
__________________
Mike and Yvonne
and Sophie, the little white dog
2017 Columbus 320RSC
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
ďIt's not how old you are, it's how you are old.ĒJules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 11:47 AM   #13
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 13,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Some extension hoses have another shut-off on the end which is exactly the same as the one Mr. DAN shows on the trailer (connects to grill) but I would assume if you know about one... you'd know about the second... but I hate to assume.

Thread drift... Mr. DAN, what is that hanging off the rubber cap plug/lanyard on the caribiner? Must not be anything important as that isn't a very secure point to attach anything.

A curious world wants to know.
It’s an outdoor temperature sensor/transmitter. My “leaving checklist” reminds me to fetch and stow it.
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 86; booked = 39
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:35 PM   #14
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 11,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
A curious world wants to know.
Itís an outdoor temperature sensor/transmitter. My ďleaving checklistĒ reminds me to fetch and stow it.
Thanks. That's a good spot for it and I understand completely. I have one hangin' (different place) that needs fetched and stowed as well.
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck B&W Companion
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=55
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:53 AM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman View Post
I recently had the same issue when trying to hook up my grill. What I found was that the adapter that was on my grill was different than the one on the hose attached to the camper. Even though they looked very similar and would connect it wasn't enough to get the gas to flow. I took a screwdriver and pressed the inside valve (on the hose) and smelled gas.

I ended up getting a new quick connect and adapter for the grill that were in the same package (the new one has the lever valve built in) and it works prefectly now. I think it was a "Mr Heater" brand.

Press a screwdriver in the end here and see if you get gas.. Attachment 169149
I will try this, thank you. Like you, everything attaches correctly (or so it seems) but no gas. Gas is on so i know it's not the lack of spark from the push button. I've even put a lighter into the gas area and nothing. I will try the screwdriver trick.

Was your trailer still under warranty? If I have the same problem as you, I am wondering if it's worth waiting for the piece from Forest River or just getting it on my own.

I had this exact same grill and setup on my old Rockwood pop up so it's not new to me but something is not working
__________________
2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB
Equalizer 4 PT. WDH 1k/10k
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 4x4
jk70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:29 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
jeff64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: N. Illinois
Posts: 1,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman View Post
I recently had the same issue when trying to hook up my grill. What I found was that the adapter that was on my grill was different than the one on the hose attached to the camper. Even though they looked very similar and would connect it wasn't enough to get the gas to flow. I took a screwdriver and pressed the inside valve (on the hose) and smelled gas.

I ended up getting a new quick connect and adapter for the grill that were in the same package (the new one has the lever valve built in) and it works prefectly now. I think it was a "Mr Heater" brand.

Press a screwdriver in the end here and see if you get gas.. Attachment 169149
I ran into that on the pigtail when I did the conversion on my Weber Q. And yes, it was a Mr. Heater part for certain. I was unable to insert it in the female portion of the quick connect far enough to couple. For whatever reason, Mr. heater has a sleeve placed inside the ID of the pigtail and soldered in place flush with the end. Since you depressed the valve, you know how far it has to move. I was able to move the sleeve back into the pigtail approximately that distance, resolder and voila, problem solved. So when you look at the pigtail you are using, the end should look as if it were counterbored, I'm guessing maybe .150-.200". If it's a straight bore. wont't work, nothing there to depress the valve
__________________
2016 Flagstaff 27VRL Emerald
14K Equalizer
2014 GMC 2500HD CC 4X4 6.0L
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:49 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
007matman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff64 View Post
I ran into that on the pigtail when I did the conversion on my Weber Q. And yes, it was a Mr. Heater part for certain. I was unable to insert it in the female portion of the quick connect far enough to couple. For whatever reason, Mr. heater has a sleeve placed inside the ID of the pigtail and soldered in place flush with the end. Since you depressed the valve, you know how far it has to move. I was able to move the sleeve back into the pigtail approximately that distance, resolder and voila, problem solved. So when you look at the pigtail you are using, the end should look as if it were counterbored, I'm guessing maybe .150-.200". If it's a straight bore. wont't work, nothing there to depress the valve
I don't know what brand the old quick connect was.. (and I tossed it) it didn't have one on it that I remember. My grill was an RV-Q that I had owned and used on my previous camper and it was the first time I'd connected it to our new-to-us camper.

It coupled up just fine and seemed like it would work but the inner diameter on the adapter was larger and wouldn't open the valve. Swapping both to the same brand (Mr Heater) solved this.

I suspect that different manufacturers have different specs and there is no standard out there.. which is confusing to customers.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 12:59 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
dbarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 564
Grill Quick Connect No Gas

Iím pretty sure one is high pressure and the other is low pressure.

High pressure.
https://caloreequipment.com/quick-di...-1-4-fnpt.html

Low pressure

https://caloreequipment.com/quick-di...-1-4-fnpt.html
__________________

__________________
'15 F150 Ecoboost Maxtow Scab '19 Keystone Laredo 225MK
Days camped 2019-36, 2018-24, 2017-46, 2016 -56, 2015-33,
2014-47,

Years camping....54
dbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gas

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.


×