Old 03-10-2017, 12:42 PM   #1

Ground clearance - rear stabilizers

The electric rear stabilizers on our 8289WS hang down pretty low - 16.5". Has anyone had trouble with their stabilizers dragging on steep driveways, gas station ramps, etc.?

stephndudb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:48 AM   #2

I have a 2017 and mine are up against the frame in the up position

markspm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:11 PM   #3

I had to move mine forward and mount to the frame. The angle they were mounted on made them drag when I pulled into my driveway. They have been fine.
psrujak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:30 PM   #4

One of mine bent backing in yard.
I took the back ones off and put sizzler jacks on the back and the TT is more stable now with the sizzler jacks.
KAISOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:55 AM   #5
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Just don't pull straight in...
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Just don't pull straight in...
That isn't always feasible for everyone. I think that moving them forward closer to the tires, giving you more ground clearance at the rear is a GREAT idea, just a bit of work.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:32 PM   #7

Not sure Why They did it

As soon as I got my new unit home I moved the rear stabilizers from the bottom of the rear bumper to the frame mount location about 2 feet up the frame at the rear . I would have dragged those off first trip out if I had not moved them. I can't figure out why they put the mounting brackets on the frame ,but, put the stabilizers on the bottom of the rear bumper .
Pennred
pennred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:36 PM   #8
Left Coast

Been cross country 4 times and yet to drag a stab.....
Old 03-13-2017, 12:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAISOR View Post
One of mine bent backing in yard.
I took the back ones off and put sizzler jacks on the back and the TT is more stable now with the sizzler jacks.
What's a "sizzler jack"? Google search sends me to an Aussie restaurant.

Cheers

amblt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by amblt View Post
What's a "sizzler jack"? Google search sends me to an Aussie restaurant.

Cheers

I think it is pretty obvious he meant Scissor jack. Here is a link for them for those who don't have any imagination or no knowledge about trailers in general.
Scissor Jacks | etrailer.com
Old 03-13-2017, 02:43 PM   #11
Left Coast

Lighten up......
Old 03-13-2017, 02:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Lighten up......
If you aer talking to me Bob, I have no problem being light-hearted. The poster I was talking to seemed to me to be making fun of someone who simply did not know how to spell "scissor".

I simply decided to return the favor and let him see how it felt to be made fun of on the forum!
Old 03-13-2017, 02:55 PM   #13
Left Coast

Probably auto correct and didn't edit post....
Old 03-13-2017, 03:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
If you aer talking to me Bob, I have no problem being light-hearted. The poster I was talking to seemed to me to be making fun of someone who simply did not know how to spell "scissor".

I simply decided to return the favor and let him see how it felt to be made fun of on the forum!
I was not making fun of anyone. I have lived in so many places and been exposed to so many variations in terminologies that nothing would surprize me. Upon reflection, I realize I should have caught it, but I didn't, and I did not deserve such a response.

Based on an equal paucity of evidence, I could conclude, based on your address in Louisianna and my research on Wikipedia, that there is a good chance you speak French. I could just as easily reply in that language also.

Bonne Journée à tous

Old 03-13-2017, 04:41 PM   #15

Quote:
I was not making fun of anyone. I have lived in so many places and been exposed to so many variations in terminologies that nothing would surprize me. Upon reflection, I realize I should have caught it, but I didn't, and I did not deserve such a response.

Based on an equal paucity of evidence, I could conclude, based on your address in Louisianna and my research on Wikipedia, that there is a good chance you speak French. I could just as easily reply in that language also.

Bonne Journée à tous

If there was no intent to ridicule, then let me offer my most heartfelt apologies.

While I do indeed live in S Louisiana my French is VERY limited. My wife is Cajun but I am not.

And Happy Travels to you too!
Old 03-13-2017, 11:00 PM   #16

Quote:
If there was no intent to ridicule, then let me offer my most heartfelt apologies.

While I do indeed live in S Louisiana my French is VERY limited. My wife is Cajun but I am not.

And Happy Travels to you too!
Thanks for the prompt reply- perhaps one day we will make it to your part of the world. I have travelled to Florida 3x, and spent many happy trips to Vermont, New Hampshire, and NY state while living in Montreal and area. Now that we are retired, time is of no consequence, but budgets are, so we're hoping our dollar gets a bit closer to yours in the near future.

Cheers to you.

Old 03-14-2017, 04:51 AM   #17

Quote:
Thanks for the prompt reply- perhaps one day we will make it to your part of the world. I have travelled to Florida 3x, and spent many happy trips to Vermont, New Hampshire, and NY state while living in Montreal and area. Now that we are retired, time is of no consequence, but budgets are, so we're hoping our dollar gets a bit closer to yours in the near future.

Cheers to you.

Should you ever find your self near Maurice Louisiana, and you are so inclined, please shoot me a PM and we can see if perhaps DW and I can come to greet you.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:53 AM   #18

Now that's how ALL forum differences should be resolved. Figures that at least one of the parties was a Canadian, though I may be biased...

Our solution to the dragging jacks was to have our trailer lifted.

Before:

After:

Notice how lifting your trailer improves the weather. :P

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:07 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restcure View Post
Now that's how ALL forum differences should be resolved. Figures that at least one of the parties was a Canadian, though I may be biased...

Our solution to the dragging jacks was to have our trailer lifted.

Before:

After:

Notice how lifting your trailer improves the weather. :P
Years ago when I lived in Alaska I had a 23' Layton. The axels wee underslung and it rode very low. NOT good on all the gravel roads in that state. My solution was to take them off, have the mounting plates reversed. this raised it up a full 6 inches and solved the issue of rocks being constantly thrown up onto the front of the front of the camper.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:11 AM   #20

Quote:
Should you ever find your self near Maurice Louisiana, and you are so inclined, please shoot me a PM and we can see if perhaps DW and I can come to greet you.
We certainly will try to get to your area soon. .

Cheers

Tags
stabilizers