Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2017, 02:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicelyRoo View Post
We just placed an order for a 2017 8329ss with the 4.0 leveling system. Has anyone seen this in real life?? I've watched the animated video and I really hope that it works just as well!!! [emoji2]

When you get it please post up photos. From what I have found out it can not be retrofit to a model that did not come from the factory with it... that tells me the frame is different - stronger to support it.
Webhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:13 PM   #22

We will!! Hopefully someone out there will get it before us and be able to share. We were back and forth on the option because there is so little info out there, but figured what the hell!!
Old 02-14-2017, 05:22 PM   #23

Quote:
We just placed an order for a 2017 8329ss with the 4.0 leveling system. Has anyone seen this in real life?? I've watched the animated video and I really hope that it works just as well!!! [emoji2]
It is the same as on my 5er. You will really like it! I'd never be without ever again.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 06:09 PM   #24

I've seen it on a new sob. My only concern with it was the rear jacks. Same as on the 5th wheels but they were really close to the ground even when retracted. If you had to back up any incline you would rip them right off. The front jacks that were like the regular electric jacks on tt's were a lot beefier.
jgroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:55 PM   #25

Our windjammer is coming with the GC TT and we pick ours up in 6 weeks. Looking forward to seeing how it works. Even with all the TTs at the RV Show (largest in NC) this past weekend, we didn't see it on a single unit. Only on 5th wheels.
Windjammingnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:21 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windjammingnc View Post
Our windjammer is coming with the GC TT and we pick ours up in 6 weeks. Looking forward to seeing how it works. Even with all the TTs at the RV Show (largest in NC) this past weekend, we didn't see it on a single unit. Only on 5th wheels.
It should work just like GC 3.0 on my 5er. If so, you will love it and no matter how many RVs in your future you will never be without it again.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:28 PM   #27

Quote:
We are about 6 weeks out for our 8329ss.... so flippin excited!!!!!!!!! [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]
Old 03-02-2017, 10:46 PM   #28

I haven't had very good luck with the leveling system on my 2017 Windjammer 3025. We have only had it for 3 weeks and its only been in our driveway, I have tried the auto level function about 10 times and it has only leveled itself once. The other 9 times I get an "out of stroke" error on the display. My gravel driveway is only a few inches out of level front to back and side to side. Our first trip this spring is going to be on a cement "super site" so I am hoping to calibrate the system then, we will see.
Brownie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:16 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie9 View Post
I haven't had very good luck with the leveling system on my 2017 Windjammer 3025. We have only had it for 3 weeks and its only been in our driveway, I have tried the auto level function about 10 times and it has only leveled itself once. The other 9 times I get an "out of stroke" error on the display. My gravel driveway is only a few inches out of level front to back and side to side. Our first trip this spring is going to be on a cement "super site" so I am hoping to calibrate the system then, we will see.
I'll have to look at my manual. When you get that message it has to be cleared before you stop seeing it I believe. One of the legs went too far once? I believe all legs have to be extended at least 6" and then 'retract all' used to clear it. Best bet is to get Lippert on the phone and they will walk you through. Lippert help is great, used them twice on my 1st 5er with auto-level.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:32 PM   #30

Quote:
We are about 6 weeks out for our 8329ss.... so flippin excited!!!!!!!!! [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]
Ours exits the factory (offline date) on 3/22 but we already planned on Easter weekend to drive up to Ohio to pick it up. Gives us time to sell our old unit I guess.... Happy Travels.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:28 PM   #31

If you get the out of stroke error try putting some blocks under the pads. That way it doesn't run out of stroke. They can only extend so far. Let us know if that works. I'm about 8-9 weeks out from our new trailer that has the ground control on it. Can wait to try it out.
Stew_Pudaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:12 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew_Pudaso View Post
If you get the out of stroke error try putting some blocks under the pads. That way it doesn't run out of stroke. They can only extend so far. Let us know if that works. I'm about 8-9 weeks out from our new trailer that has the ground control on it. Can wait to try it out.
I have tried but the blocks but it didn't help and my driveway is not but about 2 inches out of level side to side and 4 inches front to back. Like I said, out of 10 auto leveling sequences it has only worked once with no error massage. It's almost like it has to be on perfectly level ground before it will level which makes no since.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:13 PM   #33

Have you tried manually extending all jacks at least 6" and then retracting all of them? I hear this can reset errors in the system. You may also want to do a level calibration and see if that resolves the issue.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:40 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew_Pudaso View Post
Have you tried manually extending all jacks at least 6" and then retracting all of them? I hear this can reset errors in the system. You may also want to do a level calibration and see if that resolves the issue.
Extending 6" and retracting all should fix his problem. The memory will hold the problem even if the battery is removed.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:21 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Extending 6" and retracting all should fix his problem. The memory will hold the problem even if the battery is removed.
Well I have tried everything and still get an out of stroke error at the end of the leveling process. My manual says to move the trailer to a different location when I get this error so maybe my driveway is more out of level than I thought.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:42 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie9 View Post
Well I have tried everything and still get an out of stroke error at the end of the leveling process. My manual says to move the trailer to a different location when I get this error so maybe my driveway is more out of level than I thought.
I had that message once. All I did was connect to the truck and retract all at the same time after making sure all legs were down several inches. I had to put the front legs down only 3 holes to get the drop needed. Then I simply unhitched as normal.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:09 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
I had that message once. All I did was connect to the truck and retract all at the same time after making sure all legs were down several inches. I had to put the front legs down only 3 holes to get the drop needed. Then I simply unhitched as normal.
This system is for a TT it is a 5 Point system Nothing like your 5th wheel system! These TT systems have No Holes to get the Drop needed! 2 Vertical jacks behind rear axle,2 Batwing jacks toward the Front,and 1 A frame jack,They ALL come into play! The Jury is still out about this system on a" Travel Trailer!" Youroo!!
Old 06-06-2017, 06:31 AM   #38

I have to admit that it's working better than I thought. Once I recalibrated the level point, it's been nearly perfect every time. Changing tires is a breeze and not having to carry a hydraulic Jack with us is a blessing.

You do have to get the trailer within about 1 degree of level before using the system or else the tires on the low side will end up completely off the ground.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:45 AM   #39

I've only used mine a handful of times so far. It's been great and the trailer is so much more stable. Hopefully it lasts.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:53 AM   #40

Quote:
I have to admit that it's working better than I thought. Once I recalibrated the level point, it's been nearly perfect every time. Changing tires is a breeze and not having to carry a hydraulic Jack with us is a blessing.

You do have to get the trailer within about 1 degree of level before using the system or else the tires on the low side will end up completely off the ground.
They "F/R" must have really "Upped their Frame Game" in order to install this system! From just Stabilizers to JACKs that will Lift the wheels off the ground! If they went to a Larger/stronger frame that is a Big Plus! Is it easy to Hook/Set the W/D Bars with this system? Youroo!! PS "Thanks for the Input from a REAL User"!

Tags
leveling