Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2008, 03:09 PM   #21

I tried twice, the first time I bought an in stock 21ss, they called back 3 hours later saying that the unit I just bought (had the invoice) was purchased the day before. I could see if the person was on the phone at the same time as I was, but the day before? That is horrible inventory control.

When I ordered my current trailer I did check their price as a reference and made the mistake of calling them. They have called me back no less than 10 times after I have said I ordered with someone else, once again, poor customer record management.

I ordered through a local dealer, price was lower than RVW not including delivery. Delivery through the local dealer was $450 and $750 through RVW.
symbasden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 06:50 PM   #22

Last summer we drove 2500 miles from Vancouver, Canada and made a mid-west holiday through Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone etc to drive to RVW in Ohio. We had a wonderful trip and a great buying experience from RVW. We haven't had any warranty issues, but we did save $9000 (really!...) over the best price our local guy would do - that'll buy alot of service work... I'm sure there are other dealers through Indiana, Illinois and Ohio that could do the same price as RVW, but they sure have the process down right. The unit was in great delivery condition when we picked it up. Their parts store is great too.
grantster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #23
Cyber Phrenologist

We ordered a Rockwood 8280SS that should arrive mid July. Saved about $7400.

Our sales guy, Dave Prosser, so far has been great. Originally I had financing through our credit union, but their pushy finance guy was able to get better terms.

If you order a second battery, what you will get instead is a super-wazzo high tech dry cell that is suposed to be as good as two lead-acids. So I asked about getting a second super-wazoo high tech dry cell. (To have 4 lead acid capability, sort of)

"Sure, for $250 installed" Ahhh, that's a bit much. And at about $7400 below MSRP we are still pushing my price point, so I turned him down.

A few days later the finance dude calls to get me to buy a warranty. No thanks. OK, maybe the financing? "Sure, if you beat the credit union and throw in a second super-wazoo high tech dry cell"

And he did. Cool. But Mr. Finace is the worlds worst giving you and email to document what you discussed. And their policy is "EVERYTHING MUST BE IN WRITING!!" So my advice so far:

1. Ask for Dave to buy.
2. Milk the finance people for what ever dealer option you want. Be coy about it. Make him come to you. Believe me, they will call.
3. Make sure any phone conversation is documented in email.
4. Plan a fun vacation for the trip back.

And be reeeeelly patient. It takes forever for the trailer to get there.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:28 AM   #24

Smile

Well it's here. We ordered our Rockwood 8315BSS from RV Wholesalers on March 17th and were told 8-10 weeks for delivery. Well she arrived at our door yesterday @ 2:00. So it took the full 10 weeks and two days but the savings were well worth it.

We were up till midnight loading her up and checking everything out. Brought her in to work this morning and are leaving for the 1000 Islands this afternoon to try everything out.

We are towing with a 99 Chevy Tahoe equipped with a Pullrite anti-sway hitch (tows like a fifth wheel). The tow in this morning was the same as when we towed our 26' Starcraft. Don't even know it's back there.

It appears for now that everything is as we ordered and working so far. Still have a lot of things to check out.
We also worked with Dave Prosser who was great about everything and didn't mind my 20 calls and questions.
nycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:02 AM   #25
Cyber Phrenologist

Good for you! We have a pick up date of July 5 based on a roll out date projected to be June 18. We'll drive up on the 4th with a load of stuff packed in around the 5th wheel hitch. We have reservations at a local KOA that's supposed to be very nice, as Indian Lake State Park was totally jammed up full!

We have 3 nights at the KOA to unpack, move in and figure out all the stuff in the camper. Then we head home with a stop at Cumberland Lake, KY and then Cloudland Canyon, GA. That should finish out the week.

Have fun on the maiden voyage!

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:14 PM   #26

We bought a Rockwood 8314ss from RVW and have been very happy with both. Had one small issue with the kingdome, but between Kingdome and RVW the problem was taken care of. We live in Central Kansas and enjoyed the trip to pickup our camper and look forward to doing more business with RVW.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Camper 002.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	875  
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:23 PM   #27

We had our first outing this past weekend and for the most part everything went well. All accessories and appliances worked. We love it. The only concern we have is with the electric awning. It rained friday and water kept pooling on the awning and wouldn't drain on it's own. We had to manually drain the water. Finally we just rolled up the awning and everything got wet that was covered. This defeats the purpose of having an awning. After having an A&E manual awning for 17 years and not having to do anything this is quite a disappointment. I have a call in to Dave Prosser to see what can be done about this.

Floyd, that's a nice lookin tt you have.

Radio, looks like you have one month to go. That last month for us seemed to take the longest, but it was well worth the wait.

Name:	100_0116.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	880

Name:	100_0113.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	881
Old 06-11-2008, 10:55 PM   #28

Nice rig, nycamper...that thing looks HUGE behind your Tahoe. We're picking our 8315SS up this Saturday. We bought locally, but I just checked the RVW website and we're only about $700 bucks off for comparably equipped (too late they've got some of my money). I've been a little nervous about pulling it with my Expedition, but after reading your post about it pulling like a 5w with the pullrite, I'm feeling better and better (we're newbies). We're having an equalizer installed, I hope it performs like the pullrite. Seems to be mostly favorable comments about the equalizer, though.

Happy Motoring!
Dale & Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:39 AM   #29

Thank You, If our dealer was within 2k we would have bought locally also, but they weren't even close. Sounds like you have a dealer that is more interested in selling tt then getting rich on each one.
Our Tahoe has a 350 engine and a factory towing package with 3.73 gears and an auxillary transmission cooler. The cooler is a must have when towing trailers of this size.
Don't know anyone with an equalizer hitch but I just viewed the factory video and it looks real good. The hookup looks easier than my Pullrite.

Happy Camping
Old 06-13-2008, 04:51 PM   #30

We'll see how easy the equalizer is, my brother-in-law, who's been doing this for several years say they can be a tricky. Our Expedition didn't have the factory tow pak, but I've spent about 10 hours resarching and making phone calls and for the life of me I can't tell what I'm missing other than the 7 pin plug. Got the HD tranny coolor, I could visually verify that, and the Ford people I've talked to confirmed that the radiator is HD because we're 4x4. Also confirmed they only have 1 size of coil springs for the rear end, so I've gotten myself confortable with my TV pulling this trailer.

You guys have another trip planned soon, sounds like the first one went well...
Dale & Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:20 AM   #31

We leave on the 27th for the Thousand Islands. We'll be staying for 17 days at Keewaydin State Park. It's a beautiful park right on the scenic St Lawerence River. The only problem is that they don't have any hook-ups, so we will be kinda ruffing it in style We take our boat up there this weekend (it's only three hours away) and leave it there at the marina for the summer. Then August 1st we go to the Poconos for five days. The others will be just weekends here and there.

Did you pickup your tt sat?? How was the tow??

Happy Camping
Old 07-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #32

OK now all you guys who bought your trailer from RV Wholesalers over the past years. Now I'd like to know if it was worth it?
Was the price good on delivery?
Who takes care of your warentee stuff. Joe Bob down the street or a dealer locally?
When you picked up your trailer or had it delivered if something was wrong how did you make sure they knew about it? A phone call?
Then what happened?

The only thing I see a quote from them is to get an idea how to haggle with my local dealer on a price.

Any comments?
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood