Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #1

Help,leak in new 2306

Hi all,looking for suggestions.2nd time out in our new 2306 ,cape cod heavy rain,woke up to dripping sound on pillow next to me wonderful water leak.I looked inside the cabinet above the bed couldn't see a thing with a flashlight,stuck my head in every door still nothing,either way it leaks.the roof seam is just above the leak so that must be the issue,the question now is bring to dealer?I rather not.I was supposed to eternabond the roof last week but it was almost 100degrees here so I blew it off.I had already been on the roof and saw a couple of things I wanted to seal up but not a big deal.this is what I was thinking of doing,silicone any suspect areas let it set overnight then eternabond over the entire seam on the roof.any thoughts or suggestions are more than welcome.Dave
dtb7811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #2

I wouldn't use silicone - I would try to get some RV sealant and go over the areas that need it. I also think that the eternabond might not stick to the silicone very well. JMHO.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #3

I just read silicone and eternbond are a no no,eternabond won't stick to it. Thanks
dtb7811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
(Kim)

What's the update on this Dave?
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags