Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #1

Hooking up Directv to TT

I am having an issue installing Directv to my TT, I have an HD receiver and a slimline fish, I have not had any luck getting any signal and want to make sure I am connected properly. I have two inputs on the outside of my trailer ( cable and satellite) and under my TV I have a satellite and cable input. Any help would be appreciated.
Coastcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
Paul & Sheri

I'm assuming you do have an account with Direct tv. First make sure your following directions for initial start up of your receiver. When the cables are properly hooked up make sure your tv is set to satellite input on the menu. It could also be a poor aim and you might need a signal finder to aim the dish. Have you tried it in different locations? It could be the terrain blocking the signal. Aiming through heavy leaves could even block a signal.

good luck
2004 T@B T-16
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #3

Yes, I have an account with Directv and bought a signal finder. I have tried different locations and have not had any luck yet. I have wondered if my LNB's are bad or how to check them. I know it can't be that hard to figure out, I'm just not having luck!! Thanks for the help.
Coastcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
Paul & Sheri

Tough one. Once aimed, mine just comes on once the receiver boots up. You might hook the dish directly to the receiver and the receiver to a portable tv. That could narrow it down.
2004 T@B T-16
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #5

Are you hooked up thru the hook ups on your TT. You might want to hook your receiver direct to the dish and get it set up that way. Then run the cable to the TT hook up. You might find the TT is not wired correctly.
buckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:29 PM   #6

On my Mini, behind the tv, there is a coaxial connection for my antenna and and a coaxial connection for Satelite/Cable. I have to manually unscrew and move the cable from one connector to the other to switch from antenna to cable tv.

Maybe you have the same setup and have to move your inside cable from port to another?

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L
Bryan2503S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
Don't Camp Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastcoach View Post
I am having an issue installing Directv to my TT, I have an HD receiver and a slimline fish, I have not had any luck getting any signal and want to make sure I am connected properly. I have two inputs on the outside of my trailer ( cable and satellite) and under my TV I have a satellite and cable input. Any help would be appreciated.
Have you been able to get your sat. hooked up?
I had to change inputs on the TV itself and assign a cable for sat. use.
I just spent several hrs. with DirecTv and got enough info on how to change the receiver settings to make it work. I would be glad to share if you want to PM me.

DSMURPHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #8

when i was about to hook up dish network in my TT the 1st thing i did was to remove the cable/sat hookup outside and look at the colors of the cables. sat was gray and cable was black. once i had that info,i went inside ,found the gray cable,unsrewed it from the switch and screwed it directly to the sat. receiver .i then hooked up the tv to the receiver with an hdmi cable. after setting the dish to the coordinates,i turned on the rec. and the tv and went through the setup process. i turned the volume up on the tv and went outside to "tweak" pointing the dish. when you aquire the satellite there is a loud audible hum. kept adjusting the dish until i got the loudest "hum". i locked down the dish,went inside to find i had a signal strength of about 70....don't know whether it was luck,but my setup process went rather easy .
Old 07-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #9
Granny Frog

Question

Does anybody know what antenna FR puts on the new Cedar Creeks?
2013 Sierra Denali 2500 4WD Crew Cab

Fulltimers since 6/5/13
ksjerram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #10

Send a message via MSN to redjet
Barrel connectors (Cable connectors)

Just took delivery of a 2014 Rockwood 8310SS. I plan to take my Directv Genie(HR-44) and Client with me when we go to the Gulf coast in October. The system is connected together using the SWiM technology from DTV. For it to work in the new TT I had to replace all of the connectors related to the satellite. Actually, while I was at it I replaced them all.

If you look at the insulator in the center of all the connectors in the TT, they are probably clear/white as mine were. For my installation these are not acceptable because they are not designed for high frequency applications. Local TV - cable no problem but because the SWM freqs. are near 2 ghz they do not pass the signal very well. Consequently, a connector with any color other than the clear/white is good. The ones I installed have BLUE insulators. These have a frequency range of zero to 3 ghz.

Do not know what configuration you are trying to install, but changing the connectors can only help the cause.
redjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:11 PM   #11

Purchased a Wildwood Lite 201bh I Have Do Been Able to Get My Direct TV Satellite to Work I have a SWM3 system with H24 receiver. Worked one time in my drive way, but ran coaxial through trailer door. Just could not get it working on four different trips using factory connection on back of trailer.

Is There a Power Pack Included in the Trailer That Supplies Power To The satellite or do I use my own? The Receiver got so hot I had to let it cool down before I could pick it up, I may have had the digital TV antenna turned on.
TCedmon is offline   Reply With Quote