Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2015, 12:12 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtool2 View Post
That is a lot of crap! Did you check your water filter? Is this the first time you have winterized this unit?

I am on my fifth unit, two of the 5ers. All of them have been used and I have had no problems like that. Maybe I should shut up, I may be pushing my luck!

It sounds like your filter may have fell apart. If not your maybe one in the past.

Jim
It is the 2nd year I have winterized this MH,,, I had removed the filter before I blew it out,,, filter is in good shape,,, maybe I made the stuff sound worse that it real was,,, but it sure was no fit to use ??? I really think it must have been in the city water line ??? Which as far as I know has never had any water hooker to it,,, nothing like that came out last fall ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:09 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
It is the 2nd year I have winterized this MH,,, I had removed the filter before I blew it out,,, filter is in good shape,,, maybe I made the stuff sound worse that it real was,,, but it sure was no fit to use ??? I really think it must have been in the city water line ??? Which as far as I know has never had any water hooker to it,,, nothing like that came out last fall ???
I can't see any way this stuff could have gotten there without blocking up the filter sense you had it in. Does your filter have a bypass?

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:15 AM   #43

No bypass,,, had to be in the city water line to the FW tank !!!
Old 10-25-2015, 07:48 AM   #44

You don't want any antifreeze to get into the hot water tank I would leave it in bypass mode. As others have said when you add water to the system in the spring antifreeze would get into the water heater if you don't leave the bypass on until the system has been flushed. I make a check list for opening and closing my trailer so I don't forget anything, Check list is put on the fridge so I don't forget anything. I just print one off my computer every fall.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:58 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0224 View Post
You don't want any antifreeze to get into the hot water tank I would leave it in bypass mode. As others have said when you add water to the system in the spring antifreeze would get into the water heater if you don't leave the bypass on until the system has been flushed. I make a check list for opening and closing my trailer so I don't forget anything, Check list is put on the fridge so I don't forget anything. I just print one off my computer every fall.
GOOD ADVICE Mark !!!
Old 10-25-2015, 10:25 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0224 View Post
I like check lists. I keep one in my truck to go over before pulling out. I started this last year when I got to the end of my street and looked in the mirror. I had left the steps down on my 5er. Might never have caused a problem but who knows? Why take chances. It only takes a minute to go down the list while the truck warms up.

Could have been worse, could have left the dog tied up to the trailer!

Jim
Old 10-25-2015, 10:34 AM   #47

Quote:
No bypass,,, had to be in the city water line to the FW tank !!!
I still don't understand though. I have got to go look at my 5er. I thought water from both sources, city water and fw tank, ran thru the filter. If that is the case then the filter should have caught anything like that before it got to the hw tank. Maybe I am wrong, I've got to go look.

Jim
Old 10-26-2015, 04:34 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtool2 View Post
I still don't understand though. I have got to go look at my 5er. I thought water from both sources, city water and fw tank, ran thru the filter. If that is the case then the filter should have caught anything like that before it got to the hw tank. Maybe I am wrong, I've got to go look.

Jim
I am sure you are right Jim about all water going thru the filter,,, The thing is,,, we have never had a water hose hooked to the city water hook-up,,, only the air hose twice to winterize !!!
Old 10-26-2015, 04:54 AM   #49

Quote:
City water supply line is (Always full) when ever your water system is in use! So water is in there all the way to the Check Valve! Now you say in Post # 43 about stuff being in the City water Line going to the F/W tank that means the Pre filter to the Pump should have some Junk also? If you ever offer me a Glass of Water dont be offened if I turn it down! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:59 AM   #50

Pre filter area? These Pics are from a Sunseeker water pump/Filter area! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4495.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	92873   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4496.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	313.1 KB
ID:	92874  
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:08 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
City water supply line is (Always full) when ever your water system is in use! So water is in there all the way to the Check Valve! Now you say in Post # 43 about stuff being in the City water Line going to the F/W tank that means the Pre filter to the Pump should have some Junk also? If you ever offer me a Glass of Water dont be offened if I turn it down! Youroo!!
So if I understand what you are saying is,,, water must back-up from the FW tank into the city water hook-up ???
Does that mean when I sanitize the sys,,,
that line is not getting sanitized ???

Don't worry I would not offer you water,,, maybe a Bud Light ???
LOL !!!
Old 10-26-2015, 05:13 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Pre filter area? These Pics are from a Sunseeker water pump/Filter area! Youroo!!
Yes,,, looks very much like ours !!!
When I removed the filter before I blew the sys out,,,
the filter was quite clean !!!

Tags
hot water, tank, water, water tank