Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #1

How many Adults does it take to fix a Broken Deadbolt?

Just one, but you better bring along some grandkids ...

We've had our Rockwood 8289WS since February. On our second trip, we met our son and his family in a small park near New Braunfels, Tx. for Mother's Day.

My wife had been having problems with her key, so when she called me for help to get into the trailer, I wasn't too suprised. Our young granddaughters needed to use the restroom, so I hurried across the park to let them in.

My key wouldn't work, and the lock was obviously broken. I did a phone google for a locksmith, and was told by some national company that the nearest locksmith was two hours away. This was around 6 pm on a Sunday (Mother's Day of all things!). One of the park workers gave me the name of a local RV repair guy, and fortunately, he was willing to drive out to help.

He arrived with his teen aged grandson in tow.

Our entry to the trailer involved sending my 7 year old granddaughter up through the laundry shoot. The lock was too broken to operate from the inside, so she was instructed on opening the emergency exit. The repairman's grandson climbed through the window with tools and was able to remove the latch from the inside.

I thought it was amazing that it took two grandchildren to rescue us. We were able to have our hot dogs and s'mores by 9:00 pm.
Wandering Man is offline   Reply With Quote