Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2021, 05:54 PM   #1
dm6

How much access in a 2509S with slide in?

Just wondering what is accessible when the slide out is retracted. Are you able to access everything, or would it even be usable if you couldn't extend the slide?
dm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 06:21 PM   #2

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/trave...ite/2509S/3326
You will not be able to access the pantry.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:58 AM   #3

Yep, no pantry access. And you cannot put the murphy bed down with the slide in. But you can get to just about everything else, most importantly the bathroom! You do have to be careful where you step on the slide out front floor. It is thin plywood and can separate from the dinette seat bases at the very front if you step just right (or just wrong). Plenty sturdy when the slide is extended but sort of "floats" an inch or two above the floor when retracted.
wilsonsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 11:23 AM   #4

Good point on the bed, mine has to be up when retracted also, but the bed doesn't block anything, you just can't use it. In mine, you can use the pull-down couch as a bed if needed while retracted.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:39 AM   #5
dm6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonsk View Post
Yep, no pantry access. And you cannot put the murphy bed down with the slide in. But you can get to just about everything else, most importantly the bathroom! You do have to be careful where you step on the slide out front floor. It is thin plywood and can separate from the dinette seat bases at the very front if you step just right (or just wrong). Plenty sturdy when the slide is extended but sort of "floats" an inch or two above the floor when retracted.
I just noticed that it looks like the bed won't come down if the slide is in. I didn't think about walking on the slide though while it is in. So is there an actual pathway to walk through to the back between the slide and where the kitchen sink bumps out, or do you have to step over the slide each time to get back there?
Old 02-18-2021, 11:48 AM   #6

That's right about the bed not coming down with the slide in. And as RobbieH said you do have the sofa you can put down if needed.

There is a slim path between the end of the counter (with the extension down, of course) and the slideout. I have been going ahead and putting the table down when rigging for travel as if I was going to use the dinette as a bed and then putting my right knee on it to get through avoiding putting any weight at all on the thin plywood lip of the slide out floor. Avoids the risk altogether. I'm a pretty big guy and I can slip through there without any problem.
wilsonsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 01:02 PM   #7

Search for YouTube videos of this model. Many dealerships will show the unit open and closed as part of the walkthru. Haylett's does a lot of them this way - makes it super easy to visualize.
Crookedhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 09:58 AM   #8

How much access in a 2509S with slide in?

I was looking at a dealers walk thru video the other day and what they did to make it easier, was to travel with the folded down table in a vertical position. This allowed you to step into that space to get to fridge and bathroom.
We ordered our 2509s last September. our build date is March 5th. We hope to see it by the end of March.
2021 Rockwood, 2509s, pulled by a 2020 Ford F150 XLT, Super Cab, 3.5L Eco Boost, with 3.55 axle. Electric 10-speed auto trans w/tow mod. Heavy Duty Tow package & integrated trailer brake, 11,700 lb. tow capacity, payload is 1916 lbs. and 145” wheel base. Equalizer 4 point W/D hitch.
djemgoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 10:27 AM   #9

I have a 2021 Vibe 21BH, a very similar floorplan at the 2509s.

With Slide in

- No pantry access
- No Murphy Bed access
- Very Tight walk way to bathroom end because the slide comes right up to the kitchen sink cabinet.

On our Vibe, if the dinette table is removed, we can step over the corner of the front bench seat onto the slide floor where the table would be and then to the kitchen floor. Our booth area is not a wrap around style and the table goes up to the slide wall (it was on two poles - and wobbly ). Since we did not need the booth area to be converted to a child's bed, I mounted the table top to the Wall with a piano hinge and added a single leg at the front center of the table that flips up under the table. That allows me to drop the table down to the slide floor when towing and gives us an area to step over the bench seat and have access to the Refrig and Bathroom while traveling. The Table top is also very stable now - no wobble.
-Russ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	21BH.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	248024   Click image for larger version

Name:	2509S.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	263.5 KB
ID:	248025  
2019 F150 Screw, 6.5 bed, 3.5 Twin Turbo EcoBoost
w/ Trailer Tow Package - Yellow Sticker Payload : 1810 lbs.
RGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 10:49 AM   #10

Here are a few photos of my Vibe 21BH to show how tight the slide is to the end of the sink cabinet and the space between the couch and the slide.

This also shows my table top in the down - travel setup which allows us to step over the bench seat to access the back of the coach.
-Russ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vibe1.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	248026   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vibe2.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	248027   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vibe3.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	248028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vibe4.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	248029  
2019 F150 Screw, 6.5 bed, 3.5 Twin Turbo EcoBoost
w/ Trailer Tow Package - Yellow Sticker Payload : 1810 lbs.
RGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:19 PM   #11

When the table is down in travel mode, you can turn it on its side and slide it into the space between the long dinette seat and the two tabs that it sits on in "bed" mode. Makes it easier to get past the counter top and into the back of the trailer. We travel with the table this way all the time, and it doesn't move around at all. I'd take a picture of it, but the tt is in storage right now.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:51 PM   #12
dm6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Midwest View Post
When the table is down in travel mode, you can turn it on its side and slide it into the space between the long dinette seat and the two tabs that it sits on in "bed" mode. Makes it easier to get past the counter top and into the back of the trailer. We travel with the table this way all the time, and it doesn't move around at all. I'd take a picture of it, but the tt is in storage right now.
Is it ok to step on the slide when it is in or do you have to really tiptoe around it to make sure where you step?
Old 03-01-2021, 02:12 PM   #13

Like wilsonsk said, as long as you don't step on the leading edge of the slide I think you should be ok. It only takes one step into the slide to get around the counter top.
Old 03-01-2021, 02:29 PM   #14
dm6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Midwest View Post
Like wilsonsk said, as long as you don't step on the leading edge of the slide I think you should be ok. It only takes one step into the slide to get around the counter top.
Oh ok, so it's just mostly the edge to avoid? That seems reasonable. Do you happen to know how much a slide extends out? 3 feet maybe? Just trying to figure out how much room it takes out when opened.
Old 03-01-2021, 02:43 PM   #15

slide extends 3 ft

Tags
2509s, slide