Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2021, 05:49 PM   #21

How long from time of order till delivery? I ordered mine on 6-17 with an approximate delivery end of Oct early Nov.
Relder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 06:02 PM   #22

Its funny as you are the first poster about a 2883ws that I have seen since October on any of the sites. A Tour of the factory would be awesome. We were lucky enough to find ours on the dealers lot in Late October. They had two 2883ws units left so no waiting. I also purchased the Snap Caps for the levelers which once installed stay on. If interested purchase directly from their website at $120.00+/- for the set. the Dealer wanted $250.00 a set. They are heavy duty and made from recycled tires. The other item that we recently added was the One Step Wheel Chocks to replace the X Chocks. Very pleased. I'm not 30 anymore so kneeling to install the X Chocks was getting old...lol.

The only issue we have had with the 2883ws (after about 6000 miles) is the front Decals on the Cap started peeling within the first 2 months. Forest River says they will ship us new ones and I will have them installed when we go back to Yuma when it gets a wax job.
timm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 07:58 PM   #23

I looked at the 2883ws that So Cal dealers had in stock but none were equipped the way we wanted, plus we like the champagne color. Ours has the 4.0 leveling system, day night roller shades, 18 cf propane/electric refer, 15k upgrade ac, 13.5k ac in bedroom, 3 slide toppers, flip down storage rack, 190 watt solar with 1000w inverter, xtra maxxair fan in living room. So, we added several items but because the dealership is 16.2 miles from the manufacturing plant there's no shipping charge. I priced the same unit here and it would have been about 15k more. My wife grew up about 60 miles from Shipshewana so we make it a family visit trip as well. I have the snap pads on my current mini lite and plan on adding them on the 2883 as well. I put a call in to the plant to see about a tour so hope it works out. They said tours will start up again in July. Hope so. I'll look up the One Step Wheel Chocks, I'm almost 3/4 of a century in age so I know all about getting up and down issues, always looking for good products. Thanks
Relder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 11:27 AM   #24

Here is the photo of the One Step without the second connector Rod
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	One Step.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	534.0 KB
ID:	258288  
Old 07-02-2021, 03:26 PM   #25

Relder,

I just noticed your comment regarding the Solar on your 2883ws. Your is coming with a 1000 watt inverter or a 2000? I just noticed ours is a 2000 watt inverter which I assume means we can add panels? I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to Solar...
Old 07-10-2021, 11:14 PM   #26

Question on the 2883…the fresh water tank is right at the rear of the trailer. In my current rig I always depart to my destination with a full water tank because none of the sites have a hookup or even water available - the tank is in front of the axles. Have you travelled with a full tank in the 2883? Any change to the handling?
JohnnyPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 05:03 PM   #27

JohnnyPop,

Yes, in early May we were at Dillon Beach and did have a full tank of fresh due to lack of Hook ups. We did have strong winds on the way so I'm uncertain if the fresh water made the trailer handle any differently. I did notice a difference but can't guarantee it was the added weight/water and not the Wind.

Tags
bed, rockwood, roo