Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2017, 01:15 PM   #1

I Miss My Windjammer

I bought my Windjammer with the plan of leaving it in Florida so we wouldn't have to pull it there and home every year. Seemed like a good plan at the time.
After coming back from Florida and going back to work, living in my sunset trail through the week, I think I'm going to take a week off soon and bring the Windjammer home.
I like it so much better than the sunset trail.

Bring it back, live in it while working, park the sunset trail at home and put it up for sale.
KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:19 PM   #2

The glitch in my plan is the 15 hour drive from my home to Florida. Without a travel trailer I either have to stay in a motel (not going to) or drive straight through (which I did and it was pure hell). Pulling the Windjammer down there was enjoyable. Stopped at Chattanooga for the night and at Valdosta for the night.

Also the thought of the hot Florida sun beating on my trailer all summer long is killing me.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:40 PM   #3

Love my jammer as well. Nice rig. Comfortable, reliable.

Sent from my Pixel using Forest River Forums mobile app
2013 Rockwood Windjammer 3001w Diamond
Handydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:27 AM   #4

I got laid off Monday so instead of looking for work right away the wife and I decided to go back to florida.
I have a golf tournament Saturday so we're leaving Sunday. Going to spend a few days in florida and then bring the windjammer back. Will stop and spend the night in Valdosta and Chattanooga on the way back.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:14 AM   #5

We got back from Florida yesterday. Duramax pulled the Windjammer home at an average of 12.4 mpg going with the cruise set at 64 mph.
Duramax laughed at the grades going up Monteagle mountain.

Spent 2 days at our lot at The Glades. Stopped at Camping World in Valdosta to register for the campground and buy a sewer hose. I probably have 60 ft of sewer hose by now. Since I put in a hard sewer at The Glades it didn't occur to me to take a hose.
Camping World of Valdosta informed me they no longer are in charge of the campground, that they sold it. Still stayed there, it was $25 instead of $20 but the new owner has been doing lots of improvements. New owner told me that Camping World was going to just close the campground but he was staying there and liked it, so he bought it.

Next night we stayed at Holiday Travel Park in Chattanooga. $38 with Good Sam discount. Level gravel pull through site with utilities all in the right place, but sites are kind of narrow. Pretty nice place though. I needed a good place to rest after driving through the hell of Atlanta. It seems Atlanta has a person in charge of placing road signs purely to trick me into being in the wrong lane at the wrong time. And on the south end of Atlanta there was something I'm calling the Ghost of Atlanta. My truck sang to me for 5 miles, an actual tune. Ran through my gauges 10 times looking for problems, no problems. Would have pulled off but no way to do that. Wife was freaking out which was making me nervous. My only guess is that it was the terrible grooved pavement.

Then on home to Marion, IL yesterday.

No problems on entire trip except the Ghost of Atlanta and the terrible placement of Atlanta directional road signage.

Tags
windjammer