Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2020, 08:20 PM   #1

Question Install safe in 2706WS

Thinking of installing a small (2 cubit foot) safe in the bedroom of our 2018 2706WS. Install location would be on the right-hand side on the bed. Rear of the safe would be against the carpet covered night stand area and bottom of safe would sit on the floor. Install would have bolts with heavy duty washers holding the safe against the night stand.
On observation, holes drilled for bolts through night stand would protrude into the front storage pass through area. Seeing wiring inside the storage area. Seems I would have to remove storage paneling to reveal area I plan to drill through.
Question. Has anyone done this type of modification? Does anyone know what lies behind the night stand front lower panel? Any suggestions, tips or hints?
1Overcame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:46 AM   #2

regardless of what you are installing any time you are drilling thru from one area to another its best to remove and existing panels and ensure you aren't going to puncture some vital system. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:55 AM   #3

Thanks SeaDog,

This is our first camper and she is awesome. Have done a few small mods but no drilling through walls. That's my thinking, don't want to drill through any wires, hoses, etc. Thanks for your input.
1Overcame is offline   Reply With Quote