Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2020, 05:18 PM   #1
SJB
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: CO
Posts: 34
InstantPot Fit in Rockwood 2608BS Kitchen Cabinet???

Quick question...
Does anyone know if a 6-quart InstantPot will fit in the lower kitchen cabinets of the Rockwood 2608BS? Ours is locked away in an indoor storage area and I can't get to it to measure for myself. We will be leaving on our trip in about two weeks directly from the storage area and I would love to take the InstantPot IF it fits!

I love to use the InstantPot at home both as a pressure cooker and as a slow cooker and would like to take it on our upcoming 6 week trip but only if it fits in the cabinet.
Thanks!
__________________

__________________
SJB
2020 Rockwood 2608BS
SJB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 05:24 PM   #2
Trailer Park Supervisor
 
NJKris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 3,006
I'm thinking of taking my giant 10 qt multi cooker along next trip, now that I know how to use it. Will fit perfectly in the bath tub, along with other dry good bins!
__________________

__________________
2019 Rockwood Geo Pro G19FD w/off road package
2015 Ford F150 XLT Super Cab 4x4 V8
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 07:54 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Funengineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Rockford, Michigan
Posts: 276
We take an 8 quart with us in a Flagstaff MicroLite but need to remove the lid for it to fit on our shelf. Iím thinking of getting the 6 quart for the trailer.
__________________
TT: Flagstaff 25FBLS
Previous TT: Jayco, Rockwood and Flagstaff
TV: 2017 F-150 SCREW, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55, 7000# GVWR, tow package.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:06 PM   #4
SJB
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: CO
Posts: 34
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
I'm thinking of taking my giant 10 qt multi cooker along next trip, now that I know how to use it. Will fit perfectly in the bath tub, along with other dry good bins!

Great idea but no bathtub in our model, only a shower.
__________________
SJB
2020 Rockwood 2608BS
SJB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:22 AM   #5
Trailer Park Supervisor
 
NJKris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 3,006
The Bathtub is only big enough to wash a kid, or sit on edge to wash your feet, but it's handy as extra space for dry good bins and other stuff while we travel. I imagine you could do same in shower pan, just put some non-slide material down, like they make for drawers and cabinets. Maybe throw a blanket over things to prevent any accidental scratches to nearby sufaces.
__________________
2019 Rockwood Geo Pro G19FD w/off road package
2015 Ford F150 XLT Super Cab 4x4 V8
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 01:21 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 119
Greetings, We have the 2608bs and really like it. By the time we get home we will have spent three months in it. Regarding your instant pot....it will definitely fit in the storage area under the sink. Depending on the height will determine whether it will or will not fit in the cabinet under the counter top across the front.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:31 PM   #7
Canoeing and camping fun
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Finger Lakes
Posts: 87
Instant Pot

When it quits raining I will take my instant pot (6 quart size) out and try it under the cabinet. Can only try in one spot because the slide is in (we are still in winter mode too cold for the battery). May be tomorrow morning before the rain let's up
Jean D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 04:09 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Hatchdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Deer Park, WA
Posts: 178
Got it Jean, my slide was in also and I donít think I could have opened the cabinet door all the way. My batteries are still in place so i opened the slide a bit.

SJB,

Yes, a 6 qt Insta-pot fits just fine. But, I had to take the lid off in order to rotate the legs into the cabinet. After the pot was in the cabinet I was able to reattach the cover locking it in place. You are good to go!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BE9BF1B1-8691-4694-8CF2-1E8D0E9E9D20.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	224902  
__________________
2020 Rockwood Ultra-lite 2608BS TT

2011 F250 Lariat 6.2 gas 6 sp auto 3.73 rear 4X4 6.75í bed crew cab

Recurve R6 hitch
Hatchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:07 PM   #9
Trailer Park Supervisor
 
NJKris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 3,006
Hatchdog, just curious, why do you call it an "Insta-pot"? I noticed several people call it that, just a weird observation.
__________________
2019 Rockwood Geo Pro G19FD w/off road package
2015 Ford F150 XLT Super Cab 4x4 V8
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:30 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Hatchdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Deer Park, WA
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Hatchdog, just curious, why do you call it an "Insta-pot"? I noticed several people call it that, just a weird observation.
Thatís funny, I didnít pay attention to the actual name I guess. Probably too many other items called insta-something in our world.

__________________
2020 Rockwood Ultra-lite 2608BS TT

2011 F250 Lariat 6.2 gas 6 sp auto 3.73 rear 4X4 6.75í bed crew cab

Recurve R6 hitch
Hatchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:37 PM   #11
Trailer Park Supervisor
 
NJKris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 3,006
It's actually a strange phenomenon, you are far from the first person I've seen call it that. There's actually a whole thread on Reddit about people who get frustrated with other people mis-naming it, pretty funny. I never knew it was a brand name, until I got my cheap imitation, a Bella brand. Remember good ol' Crock Pot? A Rival brand name that everyone applied to slow cookers, no matter what the brand.
__________________
2019 Rockwood Geo Pro G19FD w/off road package
2015 Ford F150 XLT Super Cab 4x4 V8
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:43 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,414
Invert the lid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funengineer View Post
We take an 8 quart with us in a Flagstaff MicroLite but need to remove the lid for it to fit on our shelf. Iím thinking of getting the 6 quart for the trailer.
Will the 8-quart unit fit on the shelf if you invert the lid? (old trick)
__________________
Larry

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:50 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
SLOTerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJB View Post
Quick question...
I love to use the InstantPot at home both as a pressure cooker and as a slow cooker and would like to take it on our upcoming 6 week trip but only if it fits in the cabinet.
Thanks!
This should not be conditional. The instant pot must be strapped to the roof if necessary.
__________________
2020 Salem Cruise Lite 263BHXL
2019 Dodge Durango R/T
SLOTerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:08 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Funengineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Rockford, Michigan
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Will the 8-quart unit fit on the shelf if you invert the lid? (old trick)


Nope still wonít fit but not a problem as the lid gets tucked behind the pot.
__________________
TT: Flagstaff 25FBLS
Previous TT: Jayco, Rockwood and Flagstaff
TV: 2017 F-150 SCREW, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55, 7000# GVWR, tow package.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:11 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Gadsden, AL
Posts: 16
You could probably place it in your oven..would probably have to take a shelf down...
RookieRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 12:37 PM   #16
Dahagen
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cascade Idaho
Posts: 408
I have a 3-quart Instant Pot in my motorhome. Quite a bit smaller than the 6-quart, but works fine for two people, and usually have left-overs.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 05:38 PM   #17
SJB
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: CO
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchdog View Post
Got it Jean, my slide was in also and I donít think I could have opened the cabinet door all the way. My batteries are still in place so i opened the slide a bit.

SJB,

Yes, a 6 qt Insta-pot fits just fine. But, I had to take the lid off in order to rotate the legs into the cabinet. After the pot was in the cabinet I was able to reattach the cover locking it in place. You are good to go!
Thanks! You're awesome.The picture answers my question perfectly. Now we just have to wait for the snow to stop and the roads to clear!
__________________
SJB
2020 Rockwood 2608BS
SJB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 06:27 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North of Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
It's actually a strange phenomenon, you are far from the first person I've seen call it that. There's actually a whole thread on Reddit about people who get frustrated with other people mis-naming it, pretty funny. I never knew it was a brand name, until I got my cheap imitation, a Bella brand. Remember good ol' Crock Pot? A Rival brand name that everyone applied to slow cookers, no matter what the brand.

Obviously people with a lot of time on their hands


As for an Instant Pot in my TT I've found that the "Mini" (3 qt) is perfect for me. Stores easily and is the perfect size for me (alone).
__________________
"A wise man can change his mind. A fool never will."

"Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the tree"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 06:48 PM   #19
Georgia Rally Coordinator
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 15,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahagen View Post
I have a 3-quart Instant Pot in my motorhome. Quite a bit smaller than the 6-quart, but works fine for two people, and usually have left-overs.
This what i would recommend as I have one here at the house but its just me so no need to take in camper. Later RJD
__________________

__________________
2020 Shasta Phoenix SPF 27RKSS
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 5
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rockwood

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.


×