Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2021, 04:32 AM   #1

Invertor generator for small TT

Just want to throw this out there for anyone looking for a generator.

I bought a 4500 Champion invertor generator and it powers everything on my TT (Geopro 19fs). I can run air conditioner and microwave, all lights, music, tv, everything at once and still only pulls about 3/4 power from the generator.

Only down side I can see is it weighs in at about 60 lbs. Cost little under a grand but for what it does, we worth it. Gas only generator.

Anyway thought I would share if someone was looking.
Old 06-15-2021, 05:14 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgstakes View Post
Just want to throw this out there for anyone looking for a generator.

I bought a 4500 Champion invertor generator and it powers everything on my TT (Geopro 19fs). I can run air conditioner and microwave, all lights, music, tv, everything at once and still only pulls about 3/4 power from the generator.

Only down side I can see is it weighs in at about 60 lbs. Cost little under a grand but for what it does, we worth it. Gas only generator.

Anyway thought I would share if someone was looking.
unless you're talking about a different Champion 4500w inverter generator, you're 35lbs off. it weighs 95lbs, not 60lbs.

https://www.championpowerequipment.c...ter-generator/
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 12:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
unless you're talking about a different Champion 4500w inverter generator, you're 35lbs off. it weighs 95lbs, not 60lbs.

Was considering the dual fuel version of this or the Westinghouse igen 4500 dual fuel. It looks like the igen keeps a higher running wattage both on gas and propane, the igen is listed as 10db quieter, and it has remote start/stop. The champion only has it on the gas only version. There us currently about a $400 price difference.
Opinions?
767driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 05:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post

Yeah, sorry about that. It is heavy but I can still pick it up and put in back of my truck but have to be honest, I leave it in truck unless absolutely have to take it out when at campgrounds. Thanks for correcting me have to get correct info out there for someone looking ..... thanks again.
Old 06-15-2021, 05:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767driver View Post
Was considering the dual fuel version of this or the Westinghouse igen 4500 dual fuel. It looks like the igen keeps a higher running wattage both on gas and propane, the igen is listed as 10db quieter, and it has remote start/stop. The champion only has it on the gas only version. There us currently about a $400 price difference.
Opinions?
The champion 4500w (one I have is gas) has a remote start and surprisingly my ac is louder than my generator. My ac is 13500 so not sure if this genny would run everything I stated with an ac of 15000.

Tags
generator