Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2017, 03:16 AM   #1

Just bought A122

Should be getting my A122 in a week or so. I've never been camping before (55 years old) but very excited about it and I've planned out a decent list of things to take. Also I'm hauling with a Tacoma with a tonneau cover so I have a bit more storage.

I have one odd concern. The A122 is somewhat challenged for floor and cabinet space. What does one do with towels, shoes, and trash cans?

Seriously, one towel laying around, one pair of boots and one pair of tennis shoes and a trash can just is all you'd want to trip over.

I am not opposed to modifying stuff to overcome. Thinking about taking the microwave out and putting a door on that for more storage. I am not a microwave guy at all. Probably never use it.
hagensieker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:05 AM   #2

As you've never camped before you might be tempted to take a lot more "stuff" with you than you really need. Coming from years of tent camping in remote areas with a Jeep I don't even use some of the storage in my trailer (Wolf Pup 16FB) .
More specifically: Small trash bin (grocery store plastic bags work perfectly) sits under the dinette at the wall. Hiking boots, bike shoes stay in the truck, flip flops and/or sneakers across from the trash bin. Duffel bag with clothing and guitar are on the bed during the day and on the dinette seats at night. Wet kitchen towels go on the range, otherwise on top of the silverware bin. Maximize storage with small stackable storage bins.
Agree on the microwave being pretty much useless. I used mine *once* when I knew I would have hookups so I brought some frozen food along. Even at home I use the microwave maybe 2-3 times a month.
TheGerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:07 AM   #3

Thanks.......It suddenly dawned on me as well that I am a 3D Printer geek. Right now I'm looking at some 3D printing solutions for suction cup mounts for soap dishes, towels, small shelf, etc. Not sure why I didn't think of this before. I have a couple suction cup items in my home already I printed.
hagensieker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a122