Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #21
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodeoGeorge View Post

That is correct, however, if the "Retract" mode is selected to raise the Landing Gear or Stabilizers, whichever sensor sends the "retracted" signal to the controller will halt the retraction of the other jacks.

What is not clear in all the reading that I've done, is whether the "Down" button will continue to move the jacks after the retracted sensor signal is received.

RodeoGeorge
I don't think so because the retract sensor is a magnetic switch that engages when the landing jack reaches the top of it's travel. the rear stabs don't have the same function as the landing jack as they don't level the trailer just stabilizers.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:24 AM   #22

Cool thanks!
Old 08-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #23
Owner/Operator

Installed the Intellijacks today.

They are nice, BUT:

1. They changed the type of magnets used for the full retraction sensing. Went to a much less costly (for them) square plastic sensor that attaches to the stationary portion of the leg with adhesive. After attaching the sensor, I pulled a tie wrap around the leg and sensor for added retention. I also put another tie wrap on the wires above the sensor to prevent the wires from levering the sensor.

2. They are shipping the sensor assembly with the molex connector pins already inserted into the plug. This means that you now have to drill a 5/8" hole (or find a 5/8" opening) to feed the sensor wires to the main control unit. My solution was to cut the wires, feed them through some small openings that existed, and then solder the wires back together (using shrink wrap for protection).

3. I am NOT a fan of using wire nuts on 12VDC wiring. The smallest resistance will cause a considerable increase in current, and reduce the voltage delivered to the device (Landing Gear Motor in this case).

My installation:

a. I soldered the wires where they were attached to the existing 4 wire lug crimps on the red, black, yellow, and orange wires to ensure the best electrical connection.

b. Used crimp wire lugs for the +12V and Ground connections. I also soldered the wires at the lug to ensure the best electrical connection, and went directly to my Landing Gear Disconnect switch for +12V and to the chassis (where the battery ground is attached) for the ground.

c. I cut the wires going to the Motor near the motor and soldered the orange wire to the red motor wire, and the yellow wire to the black motor wire. I used shrink wrap, and added some tape, to protect the connection. You can reverse the motor direction by exchanging the orange and yellow wires where they connect to the control box if the direction is backwards.

d. By not removing the wires from the existing landing gear switch, should the Intellijacks fail, by cutting the Intellijacks motor wires and reconnecting (using wire nuts for a temporary connection) the wires which were originally connected to the motor, I can restore the system to it's original operation.

It will be a while before I can fully evaluate the operation, as my RV is in my Ag Building and I'm working on a couple of other mods (plumbing the galley tank drain into the main tanks drain, and removing and bypassing the internal water filter) before pulling it out.

RodeoGeorge
All My Modifications are at this link:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:41 AM   #24

RodeoGeorge, Thanks for the information. It's very valuable to people like me and to those that lurks around.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:03 AM   #25

We just got back from the Goshen F.R.O.G. rally so I'm just now seeing this post.

but...

I am a big fan of the Intellijacks. I heard about them from a friend and installed them the day after we got our Sabre.

As others have already ready said, it just levels front to back and only can control the landing gear.

However...

If you are looking for 4 point leveling, we saw the "Ground Control Wireless RV Leveling System" by Mobile Outfitters at the Rally. At ~$2,500, it is a more expensive solution, but it will do the trick. It can actually lift the wheels off th ground which could have come in handy a couple of times. They would have even installed them for us at our campsite , but , we just weren't ready to put down that much cash.

Back to the Intellijacks...the only problem I've found after 18 months of service is that it sometimes forgets where the connect & disconnect postions are. I've had to re-train it a couple of times. The level and retrack in still spot on though. I think it expects you to always execute steps in the exact order so if you have to make a minor adjutment, it gets confused.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #26
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
I've had to re-train it a couple of times. The level and retrack in still spot on though. I think it expects you to always execute steps in the exact order so if you have to make a minor adjutment, it gets confused.
In playing with it in the Ag Bldg, I noticed that, but will reserve final judgment until I can pull it out and go through a few entire hitch/unhitch cycles.

I'll also get some pictures of the install after I do the Water Filter removal and can take them all at once.

RodeoGeorge
All My Modifications are at this link:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks