Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #1

lossing power

I have a 2012 Rockwood 8312ss. During the last two trips I lost power from the campsite for a short time. The battery took over then power from the site came back on. The first time I thought it was the site but now it happen again. Both time it was only of a short perid of time. Any ideas?
phinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinski View Post
I have a 2012 Rockwood 8312ss. During the last two trips I lost power from the campsite for a short time. The battery took over then power from the site came back on. The first time I thought it was the site but now it happen again. Both time it was only of a short perid of time. Any ideas?
I assume that your AC is fine when this is going on and you only lose DC power (lights, radio, fridge (both propane and AC, furnace, etc) except for battery power.

Air Conditioner and Microwave OK? Some units even these may not work unless powered by the battery.

This is a converter overheat for some reason.
When the converter overheats it shuts down to save the converter.
When it cools off it re-connects.

Possible causes:

1) Cooling fan inop
2) High DC load (bad battery maybe)
3) Bad converter
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
Playtime III

If the campsite is old, they may not have sufficient power for the current high-demand trailers. I had this happen at a Jellystone (the site only had 30A and the post was old (no GFCI for the 15A). and a mom/pop CG. That is why, if available, I will plug into the 50A and dogbone down to 30A. Haven't had demand surges/outages yet.
800 wd/dual cam sc
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad