Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2019, 09:29 AM   #1

Low Point Drains 2020 Rockwood 2608BS

Just started winterizing my 2020 Rockwood 2608BS but can't locate the low point drains. I've looked in every cabinet, the "manual" is worthless, hoping someone can advise.
big craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:38 AM   #2
Enjoying Life

If they are in the same place as my 2019, look for label on skirt just forward of the refrigerator panel outside. Mine are behind the skirt at that point. Just two pipes with caps, one red, one blue. Hang down about 5 or 6 inches from coroplast cover.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:00 AM   #3

As TeachTexas said the location on my 2020 exactly the same as his 2019. You will have to get down under the trailer as they are located very close to the sidewall and the fender skirt extends inward below them. Kind of a poor design as when the water flows from them it hits the fender skirt and goes all over. I found that when I re-installed the caps only finger snug anti-freeze was weeping out, hitting the skirt and making a mess. I tightened the caps with a wrench and all is good now.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:40 AM   #4
Enjoying Life

I removed my screw on caps and put these on:
Ecopoly 1/2 in. Plastic PEX Barb x 1/2 in. BSP Female Swivel Manifold Valve

available at Home Depot and maybe other locations. They come with either red or blue caps on valve

2006 Durango HEMI

Old 11-05-2019, 11:56 AM   #5

Just like TeachTexas, one of the first things I did on my trailer was put a ball valve on each low point drain. Sooooooo much easier to just reach up behind the trailer skirt and turn the valve. Much better than laying under the trailer, with a wrench, waiting to get soaked

Old 11-05-2019, 12:31 PM   #6

Thanks for the help, apparently Forest River missed putting the label on my unit. I will probably end up installing valves this spring along with a few other mods.
Old 11-05-2019, 02:32 PM   #7
Enjoying Life

Contact Rockwood warranty and ask for label. They will send a complete set because they don't have just individual labels. I did this for a label that fell off.

2006 Durango HEMI

Old 11-05-2019, 02:56 PM   #8

Same problem 2304 DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by big craig View Post
Thanks for the help, apparently Forest River missed putting the label on my unit. I will probably end up installing valves this spring along with a few other mods.
I have the same problem on my 2020 UltraLite 2304DS. I’ve payed underneath and crawled around. Can’t find them anywhere. Anyone know where the low point drains are on the 2020 2304DS?
lesgemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesgemar View Post
I have the same problem on my 2020 UltraLite 2304DS. I’ve payed underneath and crawled around. Can’t find them anywhere. Anyone know where the low point drains are on the 2020 2304DS?
You need to start your own thread, since you have a different model number and this thread is specifically about the 2608BS model.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 06:41 PM   #10

Rockwood 2608 BS WINTERIZONG

Saw the post on the low point drain. I just finished winterizing my 2019. When I did, I made this detailed checklist for winterizing and dewinterizong that you might find useful....

Dewinterizing.........

General Cleaning and Prep.....
- [ ] Remove, clean, and store travel trailer cover in garage.
- [ ] Return three remotes and kitchen, bathroom, and first aid supplies temporarily stored in basement
- [ ] Clean and disinfect table tops, countertops, sinks, shower, toilet, and floors
- [ ] Remove and discard Damp Rids
- [ ] Put trash bags in kitchen trash can
- [ ] Lubricate slides, stabilizer jacks, and hitch jack
- [ ] Check torque on four wheels.....should be at 100 lbs.
- [ ] Check tire pressure on five tires
- [ ] Open vents (3)
- [ ] Fill propane tanks

Plumbing System......
- [ ] (1.) Put new The Water Pur KW1 carbon filter back in container in water pump compartment under bedroom wardrobe. Extras are in exterior storage compartment of trailer and/or in water pump compartment.
- [ ] (2.) Make sure valve at water pump is in open position. When in the open position the valve is perpendicular to the water lines and parallel to the heater.
- [ ] (3.) Make sure two drain caps are in place underneath trailer below/near hot water heater. (Or, can also install on/off valves instead.) Either way, use Plumber’s tape. Stored in right side kitchen drawer.
- [ ] (4.) Make sure freshwater dump valve located underneath trailer below where freshwater tank fill is located is closed.
- [ ] (5.) Make sure black water (1) and grey water(2) dump tank valves are closed.
- [ ] (6.) Make sure anode is installed in hot water heater.
- [ ] (7.) Turn switch in hot water heater compartment to on position.
- [ ] (8.) Make sure two valves behind hot water heater and underneath kitchen sink are in the open position. When in the open position the valves are perpendicular to the water lines and parallel to the heater.
- [ ] (9.) Refer to instructions in Forest River owner’s guide for flushing non toxic antifreeze from drain lines and chlorinating water lines, etc.

Winterizing...........

General Cleaning and prep.....
- [ ] Hang Damp Rid dehumidifiers in kitchen and bedroom areas
- [ ] Close vents (3)
- [ ] Make sure refrigerator and freezer are empty and clean, power off and inserts are in both doors to keep them partially open while in storage (when not in use the inserts are kept in right side kitchen drawer
- [ ] Bring in the three remotes to protect batteries from cold weather and store with RV container in basement
- [ ] Supplies and tools needed.....towel for sopping up water, water filter wrench, wrench and 1 1/16” socket for hot water heater valve, Suburban 732767 magnesium replacement anode, large and small buckets, knee pads, headlamp, Plumber’s tape, 10’ white freshwater hose to connect to compressor, compressor, blow out connector, Damp Rids
- [ ] Refer to instructions in Forest River owner’s guide for blowing out lines and adding nontoxic antifreeze, etc......also:
- [ ] Refer to instructional videos saved in YouTube library playlist titled Travel Trailer eep
- [ ] Make sure propane tanks are turned off and cover on
- [ ] Empty all “perishable “ and/or liquid kitchen and bathroom supplies and store in practice container in basement
- [ ] Unplug alarm clock, vacuum, etc.
- [ ] Clean and disinfect table tops, countertops, sinks, shower, toilet, and floors
- [ ] Empty trash cans
- [ ] Make sure 50 amp power cord is attached and power on
- [ ] Make sure we have new The Water Pur KW1 carbon filter for water pump and new CAMCO in line filter ready to go for next year

Plumbing System.....
Note: Refer to YouTube video titled “How to winterize your RV Travel Trailer with compressed air” in the Travel Trailer playlist
- [ ] (1.) Make sure propane tanks are closed, hot water heater and water pump switches are turned off at the master control panel, and hot water heater switch is turned off in the water heater compartment, which is located in lower right corner of water heater compartment.
- [ ] (2.) Remove caps from low water drain lines and drain water from them into large bucket. Or, if on/off valve installed put in the open/parallel position. Put caps back on, or close valve to the closed/perpendicular position, until after all lines are blown out with compressor, see step #8. Store caps in right side kitchen drawer. (There are two lines, one red and one blue. They are located under the trailer on the door side to the right of the living room door.)
- [ ] (3.) Empty fresh water holding tank into large bucket. (Valve is located under trailer on door side near outside shower.) Once drained, leave valve in closed position.
- [ ] (4.) Empty black water storage tank and grey water storage tanks(2) into large bucket. (They are located under the trailer on the slide of trailer. The black water and bathroom grey water valves are between the two slides. The kitchen grey water slide is under the living room slide.) Once drained, leave valves in closed position.
- [ ] (5.) Remove water filter from water pump cabinet. Run water pump for 15 seconds to pump water out of line. Put towels down on floor to sop up water spill. Remove filter. Discard filter and replace with new The Water Pur KW1 filter at beginning of season. Clean and screw empty filter holder back in place. Run pump again for another 15 seconds to get any remaining water out of lines. Remove, empty, and reinstall empty cartridge back in place. Put valve in bypass position which is parallel to water line and perpendicular to water pump. Make sure there is a new The Water Pur KW1 filter available for next season. Store same in exterior storage area or in water pump compartment.
- [ ] (6.) Drain the hot water heater. Turn the switch behind the water heater hatch to off. Switch is in lower right corner. Remove the plug and anode (need 1 1/16” extra deep socket) and allow water to drain. Then depress the pressure valve and drain water from it. Clean anode. Put plumber’s tape on plug/anode and screw it back into hot water heater. (Replace anode if getting too corroded. Will likely need to do that at least every other year.)
- [ ] (7.) Turn hot water heater valves to bypass position. There are two valves. They are located under the kitchen sink and can be accessed from inside the kitchen or from the exterior storage hatch. There is one valve toward the top of the heater and another valve toward the bottom. When in the bypass position the valves are parallel to the water lines and perpendicular to the heater.
- [ ] (8.) Blow out water lines with compressed air. Hook compressor to antifreeze outlet at rear of trailer with blow out line connector. Set compressor pressure to between 30 psi and 40 psi. All faucets should start in closed position. Open cold water line in kitchen and keep open until all water blows out. (While this is happening turn on water pump for about 15 seconds to blow out any excess water in it.) Then do same with hot water line. Then repeat in bathroom sink, shower, toilet (remember to keep lid closed), and outdoor shower. Disconnect compressor. Remove caps from low point drain (or if valve installed, move to open/paralell position) and store in right side kitchen drawer. Remove blow out line connector and store in right side kitchen drawer with low point drain caps.
- [ ] (9.) Take screen off of city water connection (and not antifreeze inlet) and press button with a screwdriver to release any water in them. Replace screen.
- [ ] (10.) Pour 2 to 3 cups of non toxic antifreeze down sinks, shower and toilet. Pour small amount of antifreeze in bowl of toilet.

Exterior Covers......
- [ ] Slides must be in
- [ ] Doors and handrails closed
- [ ] Leave roof vents and oven vent open for ventilation
- [ ] Put covers on propane tanks and electric hitch jack
- [ ] Install corner gutter guards
- [ ] Install travel trailer cover. Refer to instruction video in YouTube Travel Trailer playlist
Gbasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 06:54 PM   #11

I like your checklist, any special requirements as to position of water miser valve when winterizing?
Old 11-05-2019, 08:32 PM   #12

Not that I could determine.
Gbasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:25 AM   #13

The 2020 Flagstaff Micro-lite has stickers outside where the drains are !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:48 AM   #14

Thanks, no stickers on mine. Crawling around underneath, I would think they would be obvious. Maybe Forest River doesn’t put low point drains on this model?
Thanks for your reply.
lesgemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:11 AM   #15

Quote:
Thanks, no stickers on mine. Crawling around underneath, I would think they would be obvious. Maybe Forest River doesn’t put low point drains on this model?
Thanks for your reply.
I would think they must be there some where, ours are under bathroom, where water pump & filter are ???

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:31 PM   #16

Thanks for posting the checklist! I just picked up our 2608 bs, so it will work perfectly. Can anyone tell me what the winterizing port next to the city water is for? I agree, the manual is just too general.
Romadcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:47 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romadcamper View Post
Thanks for posting the checklist! I just picked up our 2608 bs, so it will work perfectly. Can anyone tell me what the winterizing port next to the city water is for? I agree, the manual is just too general.
The winterizing port you are referring to is the intake for anti-freeze. To use this feature you would attach a garden hose to the port with the other end in a container of RV antifreeze. Next you would turn the valve on your water pump to the winterize setting. With these settings you water pump will pump antifreeze from the container thru your plumbing to the holding tanks. There is much more to winterizing than this, I’m only replying to your question regarding the winterizing port. Lots of great threads here on the complete winterizing process.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:30 PM   #18

Quote:
Thanks for your reply.
Les, look here for your Low Point Drain:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-12-07_1628.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	220261  
2012 Ford F150 FX4 3.5 EcoBoost
jay2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:09 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by big craig View Post
I like your checklist, any special requirements as to position of water miser valve when winterizing?
I went thru this last month. You’ll need to flip the water miser valve up and use compressed air to winterize the line. If you use anti freeze it will drain into the fresh water tank. Then flip it down and winterize in whatever manner (compressed air, anti freeze or both) you are accustomed to. That’s what I did.
Roaminaround is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, rockwood