Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2016, 12:50 PM   #21

Look for an unlabeled switch near the radio or above the door that might activate your outdoor speakers. (Just discussed here a day or two ago.) Extreme low volume can also be coming from the wrong setting of a front/rear balance control or just "bleed through".
First Mate = Xiangbing
Crew = Radar, NiuNiu & NaNa
BobHanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:58 PM   #22

Had this problem with our last trailer which was a Keystone Laredo.. just bought a 2016 Rockwood 8329ss. In dealer storage until spring. Haven't tried outdoor speakers yet.
rockjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:44 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klbrown53 View Post
Our outside speaker volume is also low. We do not listen outside anyway so it does not matter on ours but I have wondered why. Could it be that the volume is shunted down on purpose to avoid disturbing neighbor's.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
x2. Our Flagstaff outside speakers are much softer than either the living area and bedroom area speakers.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:51 PM   #24

Your neighbors probably bless you every time they hear 'your' music at a friendly (low) volume.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:00 PM   #25

I always thought the outside volume was attenuated to prevent excessive blasting in campgrounds. Makes sense to me.
Handydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:01 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handydc View Post
I always thought the outside volume was attenuated to prevent excessive blasting in campgrounds. Makes sense to me.
NO, when Bob Fields was the rep on here for Genisis I asked him about that and he said no there is nothing limiting it. That is why I went to a 6" speaker on his recommendation, he even gave me Crutchfield to buy from said they were cheaper then his site, improvement yes, great no. Also if they thought that they would never have started putting TV'S on the outside. I can listen to the football game on Sunday from the Glamper next door. I think the Genisis 3.0 does pretty good for being 12 Volt I don't know about the IR66 that they are putting in now, I know from the forum there service is great, but it's still 12 volt and now Bob Fields is there rep. he is no longer assc. with Genisis. I don't blast my music never have, If you want to do that go boondocking in the middle of nowhere, a little common sense and respect for people and spaces can go along way...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:24 AM   #27

Doesn't it drive anyone else bonkers that these questions and discussions always fall into the neighborly music volume abyss thread, which has about as much to do with this conversation as does macaroni and cheese? The only thing worse is if you start a thread about satellite TV at a campground lol. Thats not camping lol.

Now off to beat my head off the driveway.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:29 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
satellite TV at a campground lol. Thats not camping lol.
Why is that not camping?

Bruce
Old 01-12-2016, 08:51 AM   #29

On my XLR, the outside speakers (kicker 6") are under the kitchen cabinet with the speaker hole through the thin wall, with a abs speaker box sealing it. A decent speaker will not fit within a 1-3/8" wall cavity. It might be possible to surface mount them with some kind of thick spacer.

Like some have said, the head unit could be far, far better. But, I would first make sure the volumes / balance / fader is set correctly and if they are; try wiring in a small (around 25W) amp to the factory outside speakers and see if that is all you need. You could tuck one of these almost anywhere.

If your speakers aren't as good as these low dollar Kickers, I have, buy a set and install them (after you try the amp). High quality "audiophile" speakers on the side of the trailer is a waste of money in my opinion. I spent the money inside.

The original "system" was a $40 head unit and two sets of 6" Kickers and is the cheapest and poorest so called system I have ever had in an RV. I bought it knowing the original junk was going in the trash.

I am considerate of my neighbors, but believe me, during the daytime I can hear it from as far as I need to.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:23 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Doesn't it drive anyone else bonkers that these questions and discussions always fall into the neighborly music volume abyss thread, which has about as much to do with this conversation as does macaroni and cheese? The only thing worse is if you start a thread about satellite TV at a campground lol. Thats not camping lol.

Now off to beat my head off the driveway.
MR Havercamp, this might be better then concrete....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote