Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2017, 11:53 AM   #1

Maiden voyage 2509s mini lite

Hi All!
We are on our first excursion in our new mini light. There are a couple of concerns that I was wondering if any of you have experienced before. I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback.

(1) this morning after waking up from it raining all night, there is a small amount of moisture at the seam above our single slide. At the top of the slide where it connects to the ceiling of our rig. Not dripping just damp on the plastic seem so we wiped it off. I'm assuming this should not ever happen. But maybe I'm incorrect? I guess my question is is this a sign of a builder problem or is this just what you deal with when you get rain and a unit with a slide.

(2) when we did our walk-through the technician had difficulty with water coming out of our faucets so they open them up and said that there was some debris in them. Well now we are camping for first trip and there is very very little water coming out of our bathroom sink faucet. Both hot and cold produce trickling water flow. All of the other facets seem to be working fine with the exception both hot and cold produce trickling water flow. All of the other faucets seem to be working fine. I'm guessing this is more debris in my line. Did any of you experience this? And how exactly did you clear the lines without having to drop my trailer off at the dealership for a long time.

(3) lastly, our entire light system is on a switch at the panel. However there are two push button operated LED lights above our Murphy bed. They are not working. Both of them. I am pretty confident that I've turn those lights on since purchasing however I'm not sure of that so it is possible that they weren't working when we left the dealership. Thoughts on troubleshooting us? Our panel doesn't show any fuses blown.

Thanks for your endless help!

Erica
ebell619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 12:17 PM   #2

Okay to expand on question #1. It is actually DAMP around entire ceiling edge seals. Not just the slide. So where the wall meets the ceiling there is a plastic molding. That area is damp/wet around almost the entire 4 corners of the unit on the inside. You wouldn't necessarily notice without touching it but upon touching it it is definitely wet! Would love yoUr comments/experiences. Thanks!
Old 02-19-2017, 12:48 PM   #3

I also am getting a 2509s but I will not get it until March. I was concerned about the top of the slide out too so I ordered a slide topper. Rain all night... I would think with out one (slide topper) you would have some wetness. I would think that under your sink you would find a hot and cold connector you could unscrew and clean out that part of the line. I really can't say though because I don't have mine yet. Hope others put some answers up so I can follow this as you will.
Did you run your heater? How did your battery do? Are you on hook-up or dry camping?
roygin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:15 PM   #4

For Question 3.
The switch for the lights above the Murphy bed are generally located on the underside of one of the wardrobe cabinets.

2019 Ford F-250 Super Cab 6.2L Lariat
2016 ML23FB (Sold March 2024)
2024 ML25SRK
MT Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:03 PM   #5

MT Biker is correct about #3. I looked and looked. On my 2504 the switch is on the underside of the street side wardrobe cabinet. Lay on the bed and look up. When you throw the switch the center buttons on each light will work. So if they still don't light up after throwing the switch hit the buttons. As for #2 when you get back home UN hook the lines from the faucet and blow backwards through the nozzle with air with both valves open. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:17 AM   #6

With respect to the dampness: You don't say what the environmental conditions were. Moisture tends to build up in TT's. Your exhaling adds a lot of moisture to the air. If it gets cold outside, that moisture tends to condense on cold surfaces, like windows and doors. The slide seal is just a piece of rubber, so it's a prime place for condensation. Options to address it: 1) run bathroom fan on low to exhaust moisture; 2) perhaps place a draft door blocker along the seal.

I just checked and see you're from Yorba Linda, CA, so it may not be condensation, unless you're getting the cold weather we're supposed have in February here Illinois (65F today!). But you could have gone up into the mountains, so my theory may still be applicable.

However, I think you're the first person I've heard of reporting dampness at the seal, so I could be all wet (so to speak) and you have something else going on. Hopefully others will chime in.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:43 AM   #7

Regarding the faucet. Try unscrewing the faucet screen and see if it's clogged.
acsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
With respect to the dampness: You don't say what the environmental conditions were. Moisture tends to build up in TT's. Your exhaling adds a lot of moisture to the air. If it gets cold outside, that moisture tends to condense on cold surfaces, like windows and doors. The slide seal is just a piece of rubber, so it's a prime place for condensation. Options to address it: 1) run bathroom fan on low to exhaust moisture; 2) perhaps place a draft door blocker along the seal.

I just checked and see you're from Yorba Linda, CA, so it may not be condensation, unless you're getting the cold weather we're supposed have in February here Illinois (65F today!). But you could have gone up into the mountains, so my theory may still be applicable.

However, I think you're the first person I've heard of reporting dampness at the seal, so I could be all wet (so to speak) and you have something else going on. Hopefully others will chime in.
Hello! So it has been raining here where we are camping in SD. The windows were damp in the morning with rain all night but our concern was the rubber "molding" that spans around the entire trailer where the walls connect to the ceiling. On pretty much all of it you could rub your fingers along it and your hand was wet. So that was our "our rig is leaking!" concern. Thoughts? Could it just be accumulated moisture stilll? Hope so
Old 02-20-2017, 10:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebell619 View Post
Hello! So it has been raining here where we are camping in SD. The windows were damp in the morning with rain all night but our concern was the rubber "molding" that spans around the entire trailer where the walls connect to the ceiling. On pretty much all of it you could rub your fingers along it and your hand was wet. So that was our "our rig is leaking!" concern. Thoughts? Could it just be accumulated moisture stilll? Hope so
If it was cold outside, yes. That seal provides very little in the way of insulating properties. Air can hold more moisture at higher temperatures than at lower temperatures. That's why it's important to understand "relative" humidity, where the humidity percentage is "relative" to the temperature. Air with 100% RH at 40F has less grams of water in it than air with 100% RH at 70F.

Raining outside means the outside relative humidity would be very close to 100% (at let's say, 40F). You bring that air inside, then warm it up to 65-70F, then add your breath's moisture. So the relative humidity inside is less than 100% at 70F, but is greater than 100% if you dropped the temperature back down to 40F. Since air around the seal is probably very close to the outside temperature, the moisture condenses out at the cold seal.

Another thing to do, just to rule it out: Get a ladder or something safe to stand on and inspect the seals from the outside. It's possible you have a small stick or leaf or something that is allowing water to get in. I don't believe this is your issue, though, as you say the entire seal is damp. If you had a stick causing a leak, the water would most likely flow in one direction from the leakage point, so only part of the seal would be damp.

Good luck.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:53 PM   #10

Regarding your lights sometimes light fixtures are controlled by a master light switch by the door PLUS they have individual switches on the fixture. The light has to be turned on at both locations for it to work.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite