Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2017, 08:51 PM   #21

You simply cannot make a silk purse oit of a sows ear. Quit wasting money on band aids and but a quality mattress.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:40 PM   #22

I bought a 3" novaform serafina queen at Costco. We slept on it 2 nights and although I slept well husband says its way too soft for him. I'm going to return it and just ordered the 2" Lucid Short Queen mentioned above, also it costs 1/2 as much. Hopefully that will work until we eventually replace the mattress.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedu View Post
You simply cannot make a silk purse oit of a sows ear. Quit wasting money on band aids and but a quality mattress.
I am not sure who this totally unhelpful post was directed to.
My post involved the mattress in my Prism 24G, which is specialized because it is divided in half horizontally, in order for it to fold on itself when the rear slide out is closed.
I doubt that I can find a silk purse to substitute for this particular sow's ear, but thanks anyway for the cliche.
jeffrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedu View Post
Did you mean "but" or would the word "get" work better? just wondering
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:53 PM   #25

Update: Wife ordered the topper from Amazon. Think it is 3 inch might be 4 . What a difference so comfortable.
Swa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:53 AM   #26

We had tried some memory foam topper that still could not make that RV mattress comfortable. I found a 10" memory foam mattress at walmart.com, they have several queen short options. We love it, very comfortable.
gondrej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:00 AM   #27

If you go with a foam topper, sometimes the short queens cost more. It isn't that hard to buy a regular queen topper and cut off 5" of the foam to fit the short version.
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:32 PM   #28
Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrapp View Post
I am not sure who this totally unhelpful post was directed to.
My post involved the mattress in my Prism 24G, which is specialized because it is divided in half horizontally, in order for it to fold on itself when the rear slide out is closed.
I doubt that I can find a silk purse to substitute for this particular sow's ear, but thanks anyway for the cliche.
Jeff, the folding mattress in the 24G is the most uncomfortable thing I ever laid on. We took it out completely and replaced it with this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(Sorry, I see its currently not available on Amazon). Paid abour $225 delivered. Very comfortable. Highly recommend if you can get it somewhere else.

Does not "fold in half" like the original. I need to "bend" it up while my wife brings in the slide, it just rests against the wall when the slide is in.

Good luck!
JimmyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:23 AM   #29
Cutty

Im not sure why replys have to be so mean and hateful when all we want is to be helpfulful. As a fellow camper that started out sleeping in a tent on a hard ground I enjoy reading and hearing positive input from people. But not the mean and haitful ones that suck the happy out of everything!
bbcutright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:27 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyRV View Post
Jeff, the folding mattress in the 24G is the most uncomfortable thing I ever laid on. We took it out completely and replaced it with this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(Sorry, I see its currently not available on Amazon). Paid abour $225 delivered. Very comfortable. Highly recommend if you can get it somewhere else.

Does not "fold in half" like the original. I need to "bend" it up while my wife brings in the slide, it just rests against the wall when the slide is in.

Good luck!
JimmyRV
Thanks for the info!
I think I found it.
My wife doesn't like the idea of manually folding it.
Have you ever considered the idea of cutting it in half on a bias like the original mattress, so that it will automatically fold? I believe this can be done with an electric knife.
If you have a chance, please send me a picture of what yours looks like when it's folded against the wall.
Thanks very much!
jeffrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 07:52 PM   #31
Road Warrior

Jeff, pm me your email address and I will send you a few photos. Its really not a big deal folded. Back area is unuseable anyway when slide is in.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:58 PM   #32

I got the 8 inch version of the Zinus short queen mattress and we love it
scotty1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:54 PM   #33

We found the mattress in our 2304KS-Murphy bed to be really firm. We bought the 1 1/2 inch cheapo foam topper at WalMart after our first night. Fits fine and slept better the second night.
Max the Mini is offline   Reply With Quote