Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2023, 01:21 PM   #1

Mini Lite 2014S dinette use with slide closed

We drove to SD from MI this year, and had to stop for some rest overnight each way. Unfortunately, the Murphy bed won't open with the slidout in, and the couch only fits 1.

Is it bad to use the dinette in the slide while it's closed? That would be perfect, if we can use it for meals or naps while travelling. I've heard conflicting answers as to wether or not using the closed dinette can cause damage to either the slide itself, or the camper floor under the slide.

Anyone with a 2104S or similar slide use it while it's in?
Old 01-05-2023, 01:40 PM   #2

When we had our mini lite we always slept on the dinette if we were overnight at a rest area (admittedly not frequently, but more than once). We used it to sleep, and also used it to eat. Should not be an issue using it when it is in the "in" position.

Old 01-06-2023, 06:28 AM   #3

I keep a blow up mattress and a light sleeping bag accessible if I ever get to a stop where I have to use it because the slide has to stay in. Different set up though(recliners) but a rack and pinion slide. An option if you feel uncomfortable using it in the in position.

"Should not be an issue using it when it is in the "in" position" I think the same thing, if it can take bouncing down the road in the in position it should be able to withstand someone sleeping on it. Your static weight is a lot less than any bouncing.

I will sit in my recliner doing with the slide in doing paperwork . Never felt any movement. Not going to do that with it partially in or out though.
Husky CenterLine WDH
GolfingDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 07:05 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies. I think I might have been overly cautious. You guys are right, if it can hold the weight of the full cabinets and under seating storage, while bouncing down the road, I think it can probably hold 2 people for a few hour nap while stationary.
Old 01-07-2023, 12:28 PM   #5

Great to know this! Best in class features, worst in class road access, lol.
Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, dinette, lite, mini lite, slide