Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2016, 10:34 PM   #1

Mini Lite 2506S on order.

After 8 years of no tent camping, we decided to put a deposit on a Micro Lite 2506S. It should arrive at the dealer in mid July. Is there anything with the Micro Line campers we should be aware of? Is there anything we should know before signing the dotted line? What normally the dealer provides, IE battery, and so on.

Thank, J
djmd02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:12 AM   #2

Hello J,

I bought a 2506S back in March of this year, so far my wife and I are very pleased with it, we've had a couple of minor issues that you can have with any travel trailer made by any RV manufacturer. (small leak under kitchen sink) lose connection, I tighten it and fixed the leak. (Trailer locked itself) not sure why, now we keep a spare key.

We keep out 2506S parked at an RV park and use it every weekend, the only complaint from my wife is that the bed & outside kitchen are hig off the floor, she's about 5'2 so I bought her a plastic step from Walmart and she's good with that.

The only thing I wished FR would have done differently is to install the outside shower in the back of the TT not in the front, all TT I ever owned had it on the back.

The dealer should install a new battery and deliver the TT with both 30 gallon propane tanks filled.

Lastly, make sure before you take delivery do a pre delivery inspection at the dealer, the unit needs to be connected to the power and city water to check for leaks and to make sure everything it's working properly, turn the tv & dvd and speakers on, FR has had many issues with the units installed on the Rockwoods.

I hope my information was helpful, good luck.

JC
BirdmanII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:41 AM   #3

JC, Your feedback, has been very helpful. I heard of the camper locking itself, and read that on a forum or two. Outdoor kitchen height, my wife is 5'4". I think I will be doing the one cooking with it.

Thanks, for the incite on the pre delivery inspection. Going through each function on the TT, and make sure it works before leaving the dealer. Especially, running water through the lines, and ensuring the electronics work properly.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:59 AM   #4

Congrats! Under the Library tab above there is a PDI checklist under the Most Popular Files. Print one off to take with you.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:10 AM   #5

We picked up a 2017 2506S in May. Just like our other trailer, I brought it home and spent a week going over everything and fixing things. Nothing major, just annoying things. Water leak from the drain on the rear kitchen, terrible routing of wiring underneath the trailer, etc. Our roof has some bubbles under the rubber that I have to watch. FR says it's ok, but I'll watch and see regardless.

The rear stabilizers are something to be desired. They mounted the stabilizer to a thin piece of C-channel and then to the frame. Lateral movement is terrible at the rear of the trailer. X-chocks didn't help at all. I installed some BAL locks and it greatly reduced the lateral movement.
bshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:46 PM   #6

Our 21 DS came with full dual 30# propane tanks, quick connect propane grill and utility shelf, starter kit-cheapie fresh water hose, sewer hose, water pressure regulator, gravity water fill nozzle,toilet chemicals, wheel chocks etc. Dealer added at no cost a second group 24 deep cycle battery.
We have added X-Chocks, "lego" leveling blocks, stick-on bubble levels, Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C.
Maybe you can get the dealer to include some of these items. Also a deal on weight distributing hitch and towing mirrors.
After about 20 nights of camping there have been no warranty items worth a 200 mile round trip to the dealer to fix. Little stuff, I just do it myself.
2015 Flagstaff 21DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 03:13 PM   #7

Angry Rockwood 2506s

Hi J,
We purchased a 2016 Mini 2506s in May. When we picked up our trailer, we went through everything and noticed the radio did not work. They fixed the problem immediately by taking out the system from another trailer. We got home only to find out our radio still was not working. DVD and TV was working fine.
Took it in to another dealer close by and they said radio was bad. Waited 2 weeks for a new radio. Exchanged radios got home and no reception. Now they say it's the antenna. It's been in the shop for a week now. I'll post later when I get it back.
Also the stabilizer jacks in the back do not keep the back bedroom from shaking. We purchased telescopic stacking jacks but as of yet have not been able to use them since the shop has had our trailer longer then we have.
Can't wait to get it back. Hope everything goes well with your camper!
Terri846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 12:02 AM   #8

Thanks, for all your input. You all, given us to some insight on things to look for. We looked at Walmart for RV items. They are local and the cheapest for our needs.

Question though, If i purchase my Mini Lite in another state, would we have to take it to the dealer to get warranty work done in? Iam going to ask the dealer tomorrow.
Thanks.
Old 06-16-2016, 01:43 AM   #9

We purchased ours in Shipshawanna, IN., 2 hours away. As long as you take your rv to a dealership who is authorized to work on rockwoods.
Terri846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:26 AM   #10

Only problem with taking it somewhere other than where you bought it - usually they will put it at the bottom of their list.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 03:55 PM   #11

We purchased a 2017 Rockwood 2506s in April and love it! We've been on three camping trips so far this spring. I'm only 4'11 1/2" tall (yeah, every 1/4 inch counts!), so I do have problems reaching a few things! We've used the outdoor kitchen on two of our trips, and my husband loves it. I will probably never cook on it because it is just too high for me to stir the pots! Same thing with the microwave. I can open the door, and that's about it! 😂😂😂
We've been locked out of our TT about 4 times. We still can't figure out what's up with that. We keep a spare available outside just in case!
You may have trouble figuring out how to get the speakers to work. Seems to be more complicated than it needs to be. Hold this button down, hold that button down for 5 sec or more, etc etc. After two months, I think we've finally figured it all out!
Hope you enjoy your Rockwood. We certainly are!
60 days camped in 2016; 19 day trip to Niagara Falls
9 days camped in 2017
GeauxCajuns is offline   Reply With Quote