Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2017, 04:38 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I've seen plenty of Thor Industries trailers and I've not seen any quality difference from FR.
Except Airstream which I can't afford nor would I want one.

Both corporations have dozens of brands/divisions with differing quality levels.
But all of them have some issues.
Thats the truth, for every I love my trailer of a model there are the same amount of, this things a POS comment as well.

If that was the case, Id buy a Lance trailer at 3x the cost of what Im looking for, but get no features I really want
spidey1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:12 PM   #22

Hello,
We purchased our 2017 Mini-lite 2506s last year and it has been excellent! It is our first trailer - upgrading from tenting and wish we would have done it sooner. I do wish it had a little more storage, but that is the only downside I am aware of. We found it very nice to have a dedicated bedroom where we can access the bathroom without traipsing past anyone sleeping in the front at the convertible dinette, and they can do the same. One benefit we are surprised by is that the rear bedroom provides great views in the morning as most of the camgrounds have back-in sites and the more interesting views are out the back, instead of looking out the front at other campers.
we tow ours with a 2007 dodge 1500 quad cab 4x4...not effortlessly, but it does the job....We would make the same trailer purchase and highly recommend it.
Rockwood_Ramblers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwood_Ramblers View Post
Hello,
We purchased our 2017 Mini-lite 2506s last year and it has been excellent! It is our first trailer - upgrading from tenting and wish we would have done it sooner. I do wish it had a little more storage, but that is the only downside I am aware of. We found it very nice to have a dedicated bedroom where we can access the bathroom without traipsing past anyone sleeping in the front at the convertible dinette, and they can do the same. One benefit we are surprised by is that the rear bedroom provides great views in the morning as most of the camgrounds have back-in sites and the more interesting views are out the back, instead of looking out the front at other campers.
we tow ours with a 2007 dodge 1500 quad cab 4x4...not effortlessly, but it does the job....We would make the same trailer purchase and highly recommend it.
Awesome! This is the floorplan we have our sites on.
EricNCSU1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:17 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwood_Ramblers View Post
Hello,
This will be our fifth trailer now, downsizing now since we don't need bunks, etc. Kids are grown or getting there, and while they do camp with us still, not like when they were little kids.

Funny thing about storage is even though ours is bigger with two slide (a side and a rear for the bed) this one seems to have more storage on the outside. While we will lose a few things like a dedicated coat closet, with just us two soon, it wont be a bother. The use of space of this model has really impressed us.

Its almost like someone that acutually camps designed it. Funny part is now we will have privacy more than ever with this layout, when before we needed it more. Our current trailer the only door was to the bathroom, everything else was curtain privacy.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:17 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1972 View Post
You do, hmmm. Well as they say the only way you would get a perfect trailer is to build it yourself.
And even if you did that you would get something wrong............
Old 08-12-2017, 10:39 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
And even if you did that you would get something wrong............
True, because mine in my head never had an "east to west bed" And now that I see this setup, I think its a very smart idea
Old 08-12-2017, 08:57 PM   #27

We just got are 2506S a couple of weeks ago now, and we love it. This is are first travel trailer and we like the storage for now. The rear storage bin I slid it in all the way and drilled a new hole for the latch. This will keep the bin in this place and give me an open spot for additional storage to the front of the bin. This works for me anyways. This trailer has everything we needed. Would like to see more talk and more of the mods that 2506S owners are doing, just not much out there.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:00 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7TNT View Post
We just got are 2506S a couple of weeks ago now, and we love it. This is are first travel trailer and we like the storage for now. The rear storage bin I slid it in all the way and drilled a new hole for the latch. This will keep the bin in this place and give me an open spot for additional storage to the front of the bin. This works for me anyways. This trailer has everything we needed. Would like to see more talk and more of the mods that 2506S owners are doing, just not much out there.
Mods are always fun to do, make better use, the way real campers want to use it. Ive modded my current trailer quite a bit to.

I like your idea instead of removing the slide completely. Guess all depends on how you want to use it. gaining any extra storage while using existing storage is always a plus
Old 08-12-2017, 09:53 PM   #29

We went and looked at the 2506S in person today and loved it. Just big enough, but not too big. We plan to order end of the year/beginning of next.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:04 AM   #30
Now Camping Year-Round!!

If it's the rear bedroom that has you sold on the idea, then disregard the rest of what I'm about to say.
Storage. Probably the best unit for storage is the model we bought the 2507S. Has tons, I am part pack-rat and we still have lots of storage left in our unit.
Outdoor Kitchen. Bigger and more functional than the one in the 2506S.
Couch/Murphy Bed. Couch during the day, Murphy bed at night. Wouldn't be without a couch personally. But each to their own.

Whatever you decide Rockwood is a good choice. We have found the fit and finish to be good. We got our newest unit with only 1 issue which I am sure will be an easy fix for the dealer, failing that, we'll take a drive to Indiana and make a road trip out of it. Any excuse to camp!

2020 RW Signature 8291RK 5er (...May 2021) & 2017 Dodge Ram Laramie 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel 4X4
Still missing my beautiful Columbus2013 Columbus 325RL__2019 Rockwood 2511S__2017 Rockwood ML 2507S__Rockwood Roo 21RS__2009 Wildcat 29RLBS
WannaBcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:51 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNCSU1204 View Post
How do you retrieve items when they are shoved all the way back in this compartment without the sliding storage? Can you post a few pictures of your storage setup there please?
Funny thing is - we purchased a commercial shelter to put over the picnic table and used it for the first time this weekend. With that shelter we will probably put the sliding tray back in the storage - and we probably won't put too much else in there besides the shelter, power cord and water hose.
(We ate at the table for the first time since we bought our 2506 last year. We spend most of our time outside, but Friday night it started raining as soon as we pulled in our site, so didn't get the shelter put up until Saturday morning.)
Old 08-13-2017, 01:38 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Robi View Post
Funny thing is - we purchased a commercial shelter to put over the picnic table and used it for the first time this weekend. With that shelter we will probably put the sliding tray back in the storage - and we probably won't put too much else in there besides the shelter, power cord and water hose.
(We ate at the table for the first time since we bought our 2506 last year. We spend most of our time outside, but Friday night it started raining as soon as we pulled in our site, so didn't get the shelter put up until Saturday morning.)
Thanks! I am trying to visualize where everything is going to "live" in the exterior storage as far as power cord, hoses, grill, etc.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:33 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNCSU1204 View Post
Thanks! I am trying to visualize where everything is going to "live" in the exterior storage as far as power cord, hoses, grill, etc.
Dont forget the slide out storage as well, which I think is a smart idea, instead of having the storage on the inside only, and having to remove the couch pillows, etc. to get to anything. Being outside its smarter and easier to get to thing
Old 08-14-2017, 09:51 AM   #34

Quote:
Dont forget the slide out storage as well, which I think is a smart idea, instead of having the storage on the inside only, and having to remove the couch pillows, etc. to get to anything. Being outside its smarter and easier to get to thing
That is true, but living in S Louisiana where rain is always a consideration any opening to the outside is a potential source for water intrusion........
Old 08-14-2017, 09:53 AM   #35

Quote:
That is true, but living in S Louisiana where rain is always a consideration any opening to the outside is a potential source for water intrusion........
True, but with all the outside holes already, is one extra really an issue :-)

Either/or, that door is already there for storage, so its a smart way for storage. Also the front storage is room for things to.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:06 AM   #36

Quote:
True, but with all the outside holes already, is one extra really an issue :-)

Either/or, that door is already there for storage, so its a smart way for storage. Also the front storage is room for things to.
Well, that opening leads directly into the body of the camper, unlike the pass through and front storage on my 5er. And, the slideout is not as structurally rigid as the frame of the camper so its flexing could more easily create a leak.

Just seems a potential source of problems to me. We used to store things under the dinette and couch that we did not use often so easy/fast access was never an issue for us.

Just my .02 worth, and my opinion is worth what you paid for it.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:08 AM   #37

Quote:
Well, that opening leads directly into the body of the camper, unlike the pass through and front storage on my 5er. And, the slideout is not as structurally rigid as the frame of the camper so its flexing could more easily create a leak.

Just seems a potential source of problems to me. We used to store things under the dinette and couch that we did not use often so easy/fast access was never an issue for us.

Just my .02 worth, and my opinion is worth what you paid for it.
True but not an apples to apples comparison. 5th wheel to a travel trailer arent the same beast
Old 08-14-2017, 10:10 AM   #38

Quote:
True but not an apples to apples comparison. 5th wheel to a travel trailer arent the same beast
Water intrusion damages either one. As I said, it is just my opinion and worth what you paid for it............
Good Luck!
Old 08-14-2017, 01:08 PM   #39

One dealer included the option of a Wi Fi Extender? How would this work in an RV, wi fi antenna, but then hook your laptop, phone or tablet up wirelessly?
Old 08-14-2017, 01:32 PM   #40

I dunno but I go camping to get away from things like wifi and cell phone signals �� Keeps everyone from staring at their phones the entire time.

Tags
rockwood, lite, rockwood mini lite