Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2020, 10:02 PM   #1

Mini Lite 2506S questions/ Micro Lite 25FKS

Hello all,
Looking to purchase our first RV very soon. Really like this model and are looking for a late model used. Looked at a 2018 2506S today that was like new. One thing I noticed that seemed strange is that the very front section of the underbelly is Not enclosed like the rest of it. Is that normal for this model and is there a disadvantage to that? Seems to me the floor would be colder in the front but I don't know as this will be our first tt of any kind. Also, it seems this has two grey tanks - one in this unenclosed area. Can that be a problem for this tank? Is it simple to enclose if we wanted to? We had also looked at 2509S recently and pretty sure it was fully enclosed. Is there any heat ducted to the enclosed part of the underbelly? Some different brands we looked at earlier claimed they were heated. Any advice and opinions on this much appreciated. We would like to make an offer on this one we just saw but I like to get as much info as possible first.

Thank you.
bs12333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:07 PM   #2

I don't know about your particular unit, but having one section enclosed and the other section open sounds strange. Is this rv at a dealer? It seems like they should be able to answer your questions.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:49 AM   #3

We have a 2017 2506, but the 2018 probably a new design. My underbelly is completely open, which is the way I prefer it.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:14 PM   #4

Thanks for replies.
Bshort, with your open underbelly do you have the heated tanks? Just found out the one we looked at does. Do you ever use in colder weather? We probably wouldn't use real cold but just thinking about traveling west (from Maryland) where summer nights can get pretty cold in mountains. Manufacturers advertise "Standard under belly to protect trailer components as well as in-creasing aerodynamics on Mini Lites". Is there reality to this or is it just hype.
Just seems to me the front kitchen area floor would just feel colder, so tell me if you think that's not the case. Also the aerodynamics thing. It does seem logical but what do I know??
The one we're considering is from a private owner. Vey clean and we're close on a deal, just looking to ease my concerns.
Maybe different topic but, it includes a cover. Are there any disadvantages to using a cover?
bs12333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 04:21 PM   #5

Never experienced cold floors on our 2017 2506S.. and it is completely open, which is better IMO...
clintbonnie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:29 AM   #6

Mini Lite 2506S questions/ Micro Lite 25FKS

We have a 2020 microlite 25fks. Totally enclosed under belly. It would nice for it to be exposed to work on it. Looks like it might be difficult to replace if removed.
Btw, we have had minimal issues with ours. Some sloppy workmanship with wiring - electrical panel not all connected- and the fridge handle broke on 3rd trip. “Due to the pandemic” it took 6 months to get a replacement handle. Ugh
We’ve totally enjoyed it and take it out every other weekend,
kmac0682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:42 AM   #7

2506s

Hi,

I have a 2020 2506s, I purchased it in June of this year. I have attached a photo of the area in question. The tank is heated, the areas around the tank are insulated with an exterior fluffy type of insulation. I camped this year when the temps went down to 23 degrees F and I walked throughout the trailer with bare feet and I was not cold. My only issue so far which was a quick fix was the exterior cover for the bathroom fan was not completely water proof. The little pins that keep the cover in place allowed water to penetrate around the border of the fan inside. Four tiny squirts of silicone in the holes did the trick. My unit is winterized and has a cover that doesn't allow me to use my side, so I can't take inside pictures for you until the Spring. You can message me anytime, I can take more exterior pics for you.

Good Luck
Pete
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tVkrxSd - Imgur.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	318.1 KB
ID:	243505  
vestup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 11:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs12333 View Post
Thanks for replies.
Bshort, with your open underbelly do you have the heated tanks? Just found out the one we looked at does. Do you ever use in colder weather? We probably wouldn't use real cold but just thinking about traveling west (from Maryland) where summer nights can get pretty cold in mountains. Manufacturers advertise "Standard under belly to protect trailer components as well as in-creasing aerodynamics on Mini Lites". Is there reality to this or is it just hype.
Just seems to me the front kitchen area floor would just feel colder, so tell me if you think that's not the case. Also the aerodynamics thing. It does seem logical but what do I know??
The one we're considering is from a private owner. Vey clean and we're close on a deal, just looking to ease my concerns.
Maybe different topic but, it includes a cover. Are there any disadvantages to using a cover?
We are out now and it's been about 31 in the mornings. The floors are fine. The tanks are heated. As to aiding aerodynamics, the trailer is a box. A tarp underbelly isn't going to do much. I've already had to do repairs under there like: Support the fresh water tank from moving side to side. Replace the fresh water tank heater when it shifted and pulled out the wiring. Support the fresh water fill and suction hoses that were hanging down. If I had to remove or cut the underbelly, I would think that would get irritating pretty quick.

As to the marketing of the underbelly, it's probably more to hide their bad workmanship than anything else.

Covers are nice, but if you use your trailer often, putting it on and off gets old quick.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:41 PM   #9

We have a 2017 2506 FKS no problems. Floor is fine. Front tank is for kitchen sink. Enjoy.

2017 Mini Lite 2506S front kitchen

2018 GMC Sierra 1500
labcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:07 PM   #10

Which cover are you using for your 2020 Mini Lite 2506s?
RAdleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:32 PM   #11

2506s cover

https://imgur.com/a/Wen8n5W?s=sms

I bought this one, fit perfectly, so far so good
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CE480173-1409-4305-B1E0-61D26081B2EF.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	246042  
vestup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:32 PM   #12

Thanks

I appreciate the information! Hope your 2021 is full of great trips.
RAdleman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, mini lite