Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2021, 03:16 PM   #581

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk125 View Post
I ordered the 2511s with the upgraded AC (15,000). Any issues with the 30amp service? Should I look at the softrvstart tool? We aren't heavy AC users ... but you never know.

Thanks in advance.
Only thing we have noticed with 30A service is that if you have the electric fireplace running... turning on the microwave will automatically turn off the fireplace.

We have Softstart for the A/C, but this is mostly for when we are boondocking with generator.
Dreedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:11 AM   #582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreedo View Post
Only thing we have noticed with 30A service is that if you have the electric fireplace running... turning on the microwave will automatically turn off the fireplace. ...
That is by design. There is an electrical load-shedding device that both are connected to. Only one can operate at a time. As you describe, the microwave is primary. The furnace cuts off when the microwave is on, which is only intermittent and for short periods.

The result is being able to include a fireplace, microwave and electric water heater all on a 30A system. Without the load-shedding device, 30A couldn't handle the load. That means either no fireplace (customer dissatisfaction) or upgrading to 50A service.

Personally, I think they should make the water heater the secondary load with the microwave primary. Nobody would notice and the effect on water temperature also would be unnoticeable. What I don't know is whether the 30A power center could handle the microwave, fireplace and other loads of only the water heater were excluded.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:10 AM   #583

Thanks for the info. I assumed that this was by design. I have not noticed that the propane furnace turns off with operation of the microwave, just the electric fireplace heater. Agree that the water heater turning off for a few seconds would not be noticed and would be a better design. Electric fireplace "beeps" about 30 seconds after microwave shuts off, afterwhich, you can turn the electric fireplace back on.
Dreedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:16 AM   #584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreedo View Post
... I have not noticed that the propane furnace turns off with operation of the microwave, just the electric fireplace heater. ...
I meant the fireplace. The furnace is 12V, only. It can get that 12V from the converter, of course, but can operate with only a battery.

Old 03-24-2021, 12:30 PM   #585

Ordered in early February

Well gang .. ordered a 2511s in early to mid February. The dealer can't get any kind of update from the factory. I find that very frustrating but so be it. I'm hoping to get in April.

Fingers crossed!
jsk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:38 PM   #586

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk125 View Post
Well gang .. ordered a 2511s in early to mid February. The dealer can't get any kind of update from the factory. I find that very frustrating but so be it. I'm hoping to get in April.

Fingers crossed!
Parts availability is a problem for the manufacturers. Lacking one major part might cause significant delays.

Old 04-04-2021, 12:51 PM   #587

I have a new 2021 Flagstaff 25 fbls same as the 2511. If you would like to know where all of the many lakes are or was lurking behind your screw covers let me know it may advert a catastrophe to your trailer and a very short lifespan with mold mildew and floor rot . Many places need to be addressed under the trailer also, if you would like to keep water and bugs and hairy creatures out. I think most people would like to protect the money they spent, it's cheaper to address it now than 2 years from now.
Ken-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 01:38 PM   #588

I smell a Troll

We are fortunate in that we have a pad in the backyard for the RV. It sure makes putting it away in the fall and getting it ready for another summer a lot easier. Our last snowstorm has all but gone away now and I am starting to get the 2511S ready for what I hope will be a busy summer. I have the batteries on and power to it and the slides are out. I put a few things on it yesterday and when I was done I sat down to have a beverage, enjoy the fireplace and listen to some tunes. As I sat there I went over the trailer from nose to tail thinking of what might need doing after a summer of use (60+ nights).Usually there's something right? Not this time. From the start this trailer has been so close to perfect I'm amazed. Amazed because I'm ready for some stuff to go wrong. In our 2502KS the igniter board on the water heater failed and I had to replace that under warranty. It was easier to do it myself than make the trip to the dealer. There were a couple more small things but nothing much. With this 2511S all I can remember from last summer was one screw on a cupboard door was stripped. A toothpick and some Elmer's glue took care of that.

This is our second Rockwood Mini Lite and our seventh trailer. I've been camping for 70 years one way or another (the 25 years we spent on a sailboat is still just camping on water) and I'm satisfied that Rockwood/Forest River offer the best value for the dollar on the market today.

Paul

2023 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2608BS
2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S
2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2502KS
2012 Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel
2plus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 02:03 PM   #589

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2plus1 View Post
… As I sat there I went over the trailer from nose to tail thinking of what might need doing after a summer of use (60+ nights).Usually there's something right? Not this time. …
You're obviously not thinking hard enough. There's always a way to spend more money on your trailer.

Old 04-04-2021, 02:08 PM   #590

You are right but . . .

. . . I was thinking about things that needed fixing. Today I'm going to think about things I want to do.

Paul

Old 04-05-2021, 10:53 AM   #591
54 Years, 13 RV's

And tomorrow we can think of things we should have done!
Quote:
. . . I was thinking about things that needed fixing. Today I'm going to think about things I want to do.

Paul
Old 04-05-2021, 10:56 AM   #592

Quote:

Paul
It is never-ending. Yesterday I fixed a broken drain in the bathroom sink and fixed a leak on the hot water side of that sink's faucet. The gasket was put in backward from the factory where the line screws into the bottom of the faucet.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:16 AM   #593

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
It is never-ending. Yesterday I fixed a broken drain in the bathroom sink and fixed a leak on the hot water side of that sink's faucet. The gasket was put in backward from the factory where the line screws into the bottom of the faucet.
2Plus1 apparently is fortunate with regard to the original build. I am unfortunate with regard to my compulsion to always want to do more.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:06 PM   #594

Quote:
We are fortunate in that we have a pad in the backyard for the RV. It sure makes putting it away in the fall and getting it ready for another summer a lot easier. Our last snowstorm has all but gone away now and I am starting to get the 2511S ready for what I hope will be a busy summer. I have the batteries on and power to it and the slides are out. I put a few things on it yesterday and when I was done I sat down to have a beverage, enjoy the fireplace and listen to some tunes. As I sat there I went over the trailer from nose to tail thinking of what might need doing after a summer of use (60+ nights).Usually there's something right? Not this time. From the start this trailer has been so close to perfect I'm amazed. Amazed because I'm ready for some stuff to go wrong. In our 2502KS the igniter board on the water heater failed and I had to replace that under warranty. It was easier to do it myself than make the trip to the dealer. There were a couple more small things but nothing much. With this 2511S all I can remember from last summer was one screw on a cupboard door was stripped. A toothpick and some Elmer's glue took care of that.

This is our second Rockwood Mini Lite and our seventh trailer. I've been camping for 70 years one way or another (the 25 years we spent on a sailboat is still just camping on water) and I'm satisfied that Rockwood/Forest River offer the best value for the dollar on the market today.

Paul
Hey Paul , You said you were a sailor , what did you have ? Im without a sailboat now and I'm guessing I'll never get another one unless it's just a little one for a inland lake. My last one was a Tartan 37 , it was a real beauty . But as you know when you have a sailboat it's all consuming with the work , in and out of the water. Nothing better in this world than a good day sailing. We live on lake Huron in Michigan .
Old 04-05-2021, 12:35 PM   #595

Ken,

We had a C&C 30 and sailed for many years in the 1000 Islands. Then we moved to Saskatchewan and brought it with us to sail for many more years until my good wife developed osteoarthritis bad enough to take the fun out of being on the water. I don't care what it is they are a lot of work but to me that's fun work. We also crossed the USA a number of times on two wheels. We rode two-up for 80,000 miles and never laid it down but when I hit 49 I thought maybe I'd pushed my luck as far as I wanted to. I was constantly servicing them and making sure we were safe. There was also a five year period where we had four snowmobiles and Saturday morning the five of us would head out on the trails, stay in a small town hotel and then return Sunday morning, those were some great days but I spent a lot nights in the garage getting them ready for the next run. Gasoline was $0.37 a gallon and we were putting about 1500 miles a winter on them. And now I'm doing it with the RV and loving it some more.

Be safe, be well,

Paul

Old 04-05-2021, 01:47 PM   #596

Paul , Sounds like you and your wife had many fun times on the water and on wheels.
C&C made a nice sailboat and a good performer too for not being a racer . ��
Old 04-05-2021, 03:15 PM   #597

What do we need to do?

Just got back from a very peaceful week at the lake. We had a wonderful time first time out this year. Everything worked fine with 1 exception...we always put a little water in the toilet bowl but this time water would not stay. Any thoughts on why this might be?

Butner, North Carolina
TT-2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511s
TV-2017 Nissan Titan*4x4 Crew Cab

"Remember, tomorrow is promised to no one"
My son, my hero- Brandon S22
E.O.W. April 25, 2009
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210405_161106.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	251290  
momraising5boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 03:20 PM   #598

Keep the seal well lubricated with something intended to condition rubber. I'll bet they make something special just for that ring, but I've used silicone and even stuff for the slide-out seals. My last RV was a 2005 with over 109,000 miles and it was still holding. Just take care of the seal. Also make sure it is clean top and bottom when you do your cleanup. I know it's not the most pleasant job in the world, but it has to be done.

I'm trying to figure out why my bathroom has a constant urine smell. I've scrubbed it down from top to bottom multiple times and the smell persists. To be clear, this is not from the black tank, it is something in the room, and I cannot figure it out. The smell is NOTHING like black tank or gray tank, it is flat out "urine on the floor/walls/etc." This isn't my first RV, it's my 3rd, and I've never had this issue before. I am starting to convince myself it's something in the wood or some material they use in the bathroom that has a similar smell, outgassing or something. Anyone else battle this in a Rockwood?
Old 04-05-2021, 04:10 PM   #599

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
Keep the seal well lubricated with something intended to condition rubber. I'll bet they make something special just for that ring, but I've used silicone and even stuff for the slide-out seals. My last RV was a 2005 with over 109,000 miles and it was still holding. Just take care of the seal. Also make sure it is clean top and bottom when you do your cleanup. I know it's not the most pleasant job in the world, but it has to be done.

I'm trying to figure out why my bathroom has a constant urine smell. I've scrubbed it down from top to bottom multiple times and the smell persists. To be clear, this is not from the black tank, it is something in the room, and I cannot figure it out. The smell is NOTHING like black tank or gray tank, it is flat out "urine on the floor/walls/etc." This isn't my first RV, it's my 3rd, and I've never had this issue before. I am starting to convince myself it's something in the wood or some material they use in the bathroom that has a similar smell, outgassing or something. Anyone else battle this in a Rockwood?

Dometic 300 stools are famous for leaking between the two halves. Check the very back of the stool and I’m sure you’ll find that water/urine is accumulating. If your still under warranty call Dometic and tell them what you’re experiencing. Most of the time they are offering a free replacement or modest cost to upgrade to the 310 or 320 models. Happened to us and we opted to go with the 310 which is half porcelain, wood seat and self closing lid.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 04:38 PM   #600

This is exactly what I needed! Wife has been pressuring me to do an upgrade anyway. I know my stool is plastic, but I'll pull the paperwork and see exactly what model it is. I'll call Dometic and report back. As far as I'm concerned they can just send it to me, I don't go to RV stores to get repairs done! (even if they were close, which they are not)

Tags
lite