Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2019, 12:38 PM   #81
Explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivasiuk View Post
Why don't you look at the Andersen Rapid jack wedge. I use it effortlessly for changing one tire on tandem Axles. You just roll the trailer forward or backwards depending on the tire to remove. Raises just the one wheel while all other three are fully supported for safety. Check out the Andersen website https://andersenhitches.com/Products...apid-jack.aspx
Thank you. Appreciate knowing there is an easier way using the Anderson wedge to change a tandem axle tire.
Camp4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:14 AM   #82
Explore

2511S Ladder Bike Rack

Any 2511S owners using a 2 bike ladder bike rack?

FR sells an optional ladder bike rack for our 2019 2511S so we know FR approves this type rack. Our cost would have been over $100 so we decided to shop for another ladder bike rack. We found this Swagman 2 bike rack on Amazon (link below). It has good reviews, but there are other ladder racks out there for our mountain bikes.

The ladder on the 2511S is mounted so far to the right of the trailer, there might be an issue with the bikes (mounted vertically with bike fronts facing inside) extending too far outside.

Any input on the ladder rack you are using is much appreciated.

https://www.amazon.com/Swagman-RV-Ap...2+bike+carrier
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019 2511S.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	194859  
Old 01-30-2019, 01:24 AM   #83

We're currently shopping MiniLites and the 2511 is on the short list. Im curious to know what real world ready to camp tounge weight current owners are seeing. Im assuming most travel with little to no fresh water in the tank, so assume empty fresh water tank but full hot water tank. If you can share your typical weight please include if you have single or double batteries
lamokadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:55 AM   #84
Explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamokadave View Post
We're currently shopping MiniLites and the 2511 is on the short list. Im curious to know what real world ready to camp tounge weight current owners are seeing. Im assuming most travel with little to no fresh water in the tank, so assume empty fresh water tank but full hot water tank. If you can share your typical weight please include if you have single or double batteries
I have estimated the tongue weight on our 2019 2511S at 875 lbs.

This weight includes two full 30 lb. propane tanks, two 6 volt DC batteries (65 lbs. each), optional front power stabilizer jacks, 300 lbs. cargo in the front pass thru storage that includes the spare tire (I moved the spare tire from the bumper). Empty FW tank.

My TV is a 2014 F15O Ecoboost w/HD tow package. I have towed our 2511S over 2K miles with a 1K/10K lbs. Equalizer WDH with no issues.

Other 2511S owners please weigh in. I assume 2511S trailers would have a tongue weight greater than 750 lbs. under similar loads.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:46 AM   #85

Mini Lite 2511S Owners Thread

I am far from an expert. But I scaled my new 2511s at a truck scale and the tongue weight was far higher than I had hoped. 960 lbs. We have 2-6v batteries 2- 20 lb propane tanks and only 150-180 lbs in the pass through storage. Trailer weight was only around 6000 lbs. combo weight was 11560, truck was 5560. I have a Sherline scale and it read 900 lbs at home in the driveway. You might want to weigh your trailer and not estimate at it It was a lot higher than I thought I would be. Also,
no water in fresh water tank.
44specials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:28 PM   #86
Explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44specials View Post
I am far from an expert. But I scaled my new 2511s at a truck scale and the tongue weight was far higher than I had hoped. 960 lbs. We have 2-6v batteries 2- 20 lb propane tanks and only 150-180 lbs in the pass through storage. Trailer weight was only around 6000 lbs. combo weight was 11560, truck was 5560. I have a Sherline scale and it read 900 lbs at home in the driveway. You might want to weigh your trailer and not estimate at it It was a lot higher than I thought I would be. Also,
no water in fresh water tank.
Thank you. Great information. A tongue weight scale will certainly take out the guess work.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:11 PM   #87
Explore

2511S Wardrobe Slide Out Leaking

Been raining at our RV Park and we found some water had worked its way down into our wardrobe slide out. The trailer is level and top of the slide out is sloped away from trailer. The leak appears to be coming from somewhere at the top of slide out. Our trailer has slide toppers. We kept the slide out retracted until the rain stopped.

Has any 2511S owners had water get into their wardrobe slide out?
Old 03-13-2019, 07:11 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp4two View Post
Been raining at our RV Park and we found some water had worked its way down into our wardrobe slide out. The trailer is level and top of the slide out is sloped away from trailer. The leak appears to be coming from somewhere at the top of slide out. Our trailer has slide toppers. We kept the slide out retracted until the rain stopped.

Has any 2511S owners had water get into their wardrobe slide out?
Been in some fairly heavy rains with wardrobe slide out, haven't noticed this. However once on the main slide. That was due to the weather strip had rolled a bit in one spot and I don't have slide awnings, guess it's still possible in a wind driven rain.
Freetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:05 AM   #89
Explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freetyme View Post
Been in some fairly heavy rains with wardrobe slide out, haven't noticed this. However once on the main slide. That was due to the weather strip had rolled a bit in one spot and I don't have slide awnings, guess it's still possible in a wind driven rain.

Our weather strip and silicone seals are good as far as I can see. Will have to get on a ladder back home to inspect the ward robe top. If I can locate the source of the leak, I post back more info.

Another issue: The CO/propane gas detector started beeping for no reason. We are using everything electric on hookups. No loss of voltage. I turned off the 12v power source to shut down the detector a few times and after restarting, the beeping came back each time. I had to disconnect the detector. FR Warranty Dept. is sending me a new detector. The detector is 5 months old. Suppose to last 5 yrs before replacing.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:47 AM   #90

Thanks Camp4two for starting this specific thread on the 2511S. I have identified this model as the floorplan we want to buy in a couple years when we retire. Currently own a 22 ft Winnebago micro Minnie 2106ds only 7ft wide and sure miss that extra foot of space. We want to move up to something slightly larger with more storage in anticipation for longer winter get aways from Wisconsin. So much we love about this model and have read your entire thread and already learned so much more. I too have put similar on/off valves at the low point drains and pex 90deg extension from the fresh water drain to side of the trailer. Such easy fixes which make so much sense, it amazes me the manufacturers don't do this automatically. Looking forward to everyone's continuing posts about the 2511s and your camping adventures.
My TV is a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee eco-diesel. Man does it have some nice torque. Don't even know the Winnie is back there when towing.
flygal66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:47 AM   #91

Hard wired surge protector

We first timers and just purchased a 2019.5- 2511. Learning so much looking through all the threads. Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

We want to install a hard wired progressive industries ems-hw30c surge protector. Any recommendations on where there is space to place the unit.

Thanks again!
bucknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:04 PM   #92
Explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut View Post
We first timers and just purchased a 2019.5- 2511. Learning so much looking through all the threads. Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

We want to install a hard wired progressive industries ems-hw30c surge protector. Any recommendations on where there is space to place the unit.

Thanks again!
If you do not get a reply, navigate this forum to FR TECH TALK > Electrical, Charging Systems & Solar thread. You might get some replies on this thread.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:20 PM   #93
Explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygal66 View Post
Thanks Camp4two for starting this specific thread on the 2511S. I have identified this model as the floorplan we want to buy in a couple years when we retire. Currently own a 22 ft Winnebago micro Minnie 2106ds only 7ft wide and sure miss that extra foot of space. We want to move up to something slightly larger with more storage in anticipation for longer winter get aways from Wisconsin. So much we love about this model and have read your entire thread and already learned so much more. I too have put similar on/off valves at the low point drains and pex 90deg extension from the fresh water drain to side of the trailer. Such easy fixes which make so much sense, it amazes me the manufacturers don't do this automatically. Looking forward to everyone's continuing posts about the 2511s and your camping adventures.
My TV is a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee eco-diesel. Man does it have some nice torque. Don't even know the Winnie is back there when towing.
Thank you. As this thread continues to grow I will occasionally post a Quick Reference Guide to categorized topics and show their post numbers so readers can easily locate a topic of interest without going through every post.

Old 03-22-2019, 12:41 AM   #94

Does anyone know what type of grills FR provides on specific models of the mini lite?
Old 03-22-2019, 09:37 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygal66 View Post
Does anyone know what type of grills FR provides on specific models of the mini lite?
So far as I am aware, they are all the RVQ. Looks like this:

However, RVQ is now selling the RVQII. Looks like this:

I don't know if Rockwood has started providing the 2nd version, stayed with the 1st, or gone with something else.

Maybe someone who's just bought one knows better.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 12:44 AM   #96

Thanks Rockfordroo for your answer. I went ahead and called my local dealer and they told me now they are providing an Aussie grill instead, not sure which model though.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:27 PM   #97

This is the only one I found that appears to be able to hang off the side of the RV:

https://www.etrailer.com/tv-review-a...77-000091.aspx

Be sure to come back and let us know how you like it, whatever it turns out to be. I know people seem to either love or hate the RVQ's.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:01 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp4two View Post

Our weather strip and silicone seals are good as far as I can see. Will have to get on a ladder back home to inspect the ward robe top. If I can locate the source of the leak, I post back more info.

Another issue: The CO/propane gas detector started beeping for no reason. We are using everything electric on hookups. No loss of voltage. I turned off the 12v power source to shut down the detector a few times and after restarting, the beeping came back each time. I had to disconnect the detector. FR Warranty Dept. is sending me a new detector. The detector is 5 months old. Suppose to last 5 yrs before replacing.
We had same problem with detector. I “unwired” it one night out camping. Later hooked it back up and seems to be fine. Time will tell.
RRHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:10 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelE View Post
What are we pulling mini lites with? I have a Geo Pro and Ford Flex TV and I'm like :O most of the time haha
Ford F 150 4x4 with 3.5 Ecoboost. Plenty of power thus far. Have about 2000 miles towing and handles well.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:14 PM   #100

Battery question

Our 2511S is one year old. The Continental TM-24 battery seems to have lost ability to hold charge for any time. I did let it run down completely a couple of times - store for 3-4 weeks and not use battery disconnect. Thinking of changing to AGM battery. Any thoughts or experiences?

Tags
lite