Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2020, 07:57 AM   #461
Explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude_Abides View Post
I am looking into making the WiFi Ranger into a hotspot using the built in cellular feature. I have seen a lot of different ways to connect. I am trying to see if anyone has had any luck with this or has found which way works best for them.

Option 1 - Apparently there is a board or socket on the roof inside the Wifi Ranger that allows you to put a SIM card or circuit board to get built in cellular.

Option 2 - Use you cell phone directly as a hotspot. Possibly connect to the Wifi Ranger wirelessly.

Option 3 - Use cell phone only as hot spot. But may not be able to stream to other devices.

Option 4 - Use a "Jetpack" hot spot device and connect to the Wifi Ranger's router inside the trailer. Has anyone found where this router is located?? There is some mention of it being in the cabinet under the TV.

Option number 2 seems to be the cheapest if it actually works.

I hope to hear from everyone on your experiences! If all else fails, I'll just go off the grid and have a beer and forget the Wifi
We use your Option 3. We have found our Sky4 Wi Fi Ranger not very useful most of the time. The 2-3 times we did use it we connected to the campground office and their router was very slow speed. We just wait until we could drive away from our campground to somewhere we could use our cell phones.

Hotspot from our tablet and laptop to our cell phones has been the most useful.
Camp4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:41 AM   #462
Explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by delseb View Post
Do you use a level on slide to determine when it's level? I never notice the 2 inch difference.We just used bubble level on tt to level side to side.
Agree with Paul's comment.

Also, I do these steps the same way every time:

1. Block the two tires on non-slide out side of trailer (before unhitching).
2. Level tongue height.
3. Go around trailer with a torpedo level to determine slope.
4. Set pads under the large slide two tires.
5. Install X-Chocks (tire locking chocks) on both sides tires.
6. Extend both slide outs.
7. Lower my power back stabilizers first, front stabilizers second.
8. Re-check front, back, sides with torpedo level, adjust if needed.
9. Have a beer.
Old 07-24-2020, 01:36 PM   #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude_Abides View Post
I am looking into making the WiFi Ranger into a hotspot using the built in cellular feature. I have seen a lot of different ways to connect. I am trying to see if anyone has had any luck with this or has found which way works best for them.

Option 1 - Apparently there is a board or socket on the roof inside the Wifi Ranger that allows you to put a SIM card or circuit board to get built in cellular.

Option 2 - Use you cell phone directly as a hotspot. Possibly connect to the Wifi Ranger wirelessly.

Option 3 - Use cell phone only as hot spot. But may not be able to stream to other devices.

Option 4 - Use a "Jetpack" hot spot device and connect to the Wifi Ranger's router inside the trailer. Has anyone found where this router is located?? There is some mention of it being in the cabinet under the TV.

Option number 2 seems to be the cheapest if it actually works.

I hope to hear from everyone on your experiences! If all else fails, I'll just go off the grid and have a beer and forget the Wifi
I have used both 2 and 3. Number 2 using my phone as a hotspot and connecting my ipad through the wifi ranger. My phone had to be outside to get a signal but it worked fine. We did not try to stream a movie though.
Luke V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:49 PM   #464

Changed some electric receptacles in my 25FBLS yesterday. Here’s a link. Flagstaff Micro Lite 25FBLS Owners Group, 2511s welcome too.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 07:16 AM   #465

Are you checking the slope around the inside of the tt?

Del

2020 Rockwood Minilite 2511S
2012 F 150 Ecoboost
delseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 06:36 PM   #466
Explore

Quote:
Are you checking the slope around the inside of the tt?
I check the slope only on the shower floor. If I don't raise up the wheels under the large slide out a couple inches on level ground, water will collect on the slide out side of the shower floor.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:39 PM   #467
Explore

Need 2511S Bathroom Sliding Door Hardware

Anyone know where I can purchase locally this bathroom sliding door hardware for the top rail in the 2511S. I’m camping near Boise, ID and the local Ace Hardware store did not have it.

I'll be in Boise soon and can try HD, Lowes, Camping World or ?. I can order online or from FR but that would be a couple weeks before I return home.

Any help much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Installed View.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	235271   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front View.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	235272   Click image for larger version

Name:	Back View.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	235273  
Old 08-08-2020, 09:11 AM   #468
Explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp4two View Post
Anyone know where I can purchase locally this bathroom sliding door hardware for the top rail in the 2511S. I’m camping near Boise, ID and the local Ace Hardware store did not have it.

I'll be in Boise soon and can try HD, Lowes, Camping World or ?. I can order online or from FR but that would be a couple weeks before I return home.

Any help much appreciated.
I found the sliding doors hanger kit for the 2511S/25FBLS at Camping World. Exact replacement. Did not use included screws.
Mfgr. JR Products
Part No. 20565
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2511S Sliding Door Hardware.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	376.5 KB
ID:	236042  
Old 08-14-2020, 10:37 AM   #469
Explore

2511S Large Slide-Out Failure

Our 2019.5 2511S LR/Refrigerator slide-out stopped extending about 3/4 the way out while camped at an RV Park. I tried to electrically bring it back in and it moved about half way before stopping again and there was a loud bang sound. Went outside and found the manual crank rod had punched a hole through the fender skirt (photo).

Tried to manually crank in the slide out and met resistance. I worked the manual crank rod in and out but the rod broke off (photos). The rod was likely already bent somewhere above the underbelly cover, out of view. The rod is a hollow tube, not solid steel. I don’t think it will take much to break it if there is any resistance.

At this point I called a mobile RV mechanic. The mechanic showed me how to manually crank the slide in/out with a large crescent wrench (photos). Fortunately I had a 12” crescent wrench that did the job well.

The mechanic working with the crescent wrench got the slide back in and locked with my assistance pushing the electric Slide In rocker button. There were no on-site repairs made. Mechanic said the motor was off track.

We were able to return home without using the slide lock bar.

Tips:
• Carry a 12” or larger crescent wrench in your tool box.
• Be very careful using the manual crank tool. If any resistance, STOP and use the crescent wrench method.
• Inspect the rod’s solid pin the crank tool attaches to. Mine fell out months ago so I keep extras pins.
• If your hollow crank rod ever breaks, consider a solid steel rod replacement (may have to be fabricated).
• If your slide does not “lock” in, definitely use the slide’s lock bar.
• Lippert Components warranty for this trailer’s slide outs is one year. Be sure everything is working well before your warranty expires.
• Maintain your slide out gears and rails with the recommended lubricant.

I will Post a follow-up after my local FR dealer does the repairs. I have Good Sam’s Extended Service Plan.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Fender Skirt Damage.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	456.5 KB
ID:	236546   Click image for larger version

Name:	Broken Manual Slide Crank Rod 1.jpg
Size:	344.3 KB
ID:	236547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Broken Manual Slide Crank Rod 2.jpg
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	236548   Click image for larger version

Name:	Broken Manual Slide Crank Rod 3.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	638.1 KB
ID:	236549   Click image for larger version

Name:	Large Slide Out Manual Crank 1.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	301.6 KB
ID:	236550  

Name:	Large Slide  Out Manual Crank 2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	328.1 KB
ID:	236551  
Old 08-15-2020, 09:21 AM   #470
Explore

Quote:
Our 2019.5 2511S LR/Refrigerator slide-out stopped extending about 3/4 the way out while camped at an RV Park. I tried to electrically bring it back in and it moved about half way before stopping again and there was a loud bang sound. Went outside and found the manual crank rod had punched a hole through the fender skirt (photo).

Tried to manually crank in the slide out and met resistance. I worked the manual crank rod in and out but the rod broke off (photos). The rod was likely already bent somewhere above the underbelly cover, out of view. The rod is a hollow tube, not solid steel. I don’t think it will take much to break it if there is any resistance.

At this point I called a mobile RV mechanic. The mechanic showed me how to manually crank the slide in/out with a large crescent wrench (photos). Fortunately I had a 12” crescent wrench that did the job well.

The mechanic working with the crescent wrench got the slide back in and locked with my assistance pushing the electric Slide In rocker button. There were no on-site repairs made. Mechanic said the motor was off track.

We were able to return home without using the slide lock bar.

Tips:
• Carry a 12” or larger crescent wrench in your tool box.
• Be very careful using the manual crank tool. If any resistance, STOP and use the crescent wrench method.
• Inspect the rod’s solid pin the crank tool attaches to. Mine fell out months ago so I keep extras pins.
• If your hollow crank rod ever breaks, consider a solid steel rod replacement (may have to be fabricated).
• If your slide does not “lock” in, definitely use the slide’s lock bar.
• Lippert Components warranty for this trailer’s slide outs is one year. Be sure everything is working well before your warranty expires.
• Maintain your slide out gears and rails with the recommended lubricant.

I will Post a follow-up after my local FR dealer does the repairs. I have Good Sam’s Extended Service Plan.
I'm beginning to think a loaded refrigerator and two adults weighing 270 lbs. (total) sitting on our HAB sofa is too much weight for this slide out without slide jack supports. This kind of failure is unacceptable and now pushing us towards another slide out trailer without a refrigerator in the slide.

Has any 2511S/25FBLS owners had any problem with their large slide out failing similar to my problem?
Old 08-15-2020, 03:25 PM   #471

Quote:
I'm beginning to think a loaded refrigerator and two adults weighing 270 lbs. (total) sitting on our HAB sofa is too much weight for this slide out without slide jack supports. This kind of failure is unacceptable and now pushing us towards another slide out trailer without a refrigerator in the slide.

Has any 2511S/25FBLS owners had any problem with their large slide out failing similar to my problem?
When we bought our 2511S, i asked the dealer the same question and he assured us it was made to handle the weight.

Del

2012 F 150 Ecoboost
Old 08-16-2020, 06:02 PM   #472
Explore

Quote:
When we bought our 2511S, i asked the dealer the same question and he assured us it was made to handle the weight.
Thanks. All the slide out mechanisms are from Lippert Componets. They had to engineer them to support the weight. With so many 2511S/25FBLS models out there I have heard no negatives with the slide, more so with the refrigerator not cooling well because of it being side vented.

I hope I can learn from the dealer's service technician what potentially caused the slide to fail and crank rod to push a hole into the skirt. I will Post back in September what I found out.
Old 08-22-2020, 10:02 PM   #473

Wondering how one posts a new thread 0n this 2511s forum?
Thanks

Del

2012 F 150 Ecoboost
Old 08-23-2020, 10:07 AM   #474

Quote:
Wondering how one posts a new thread 0n this 2511s forum?
The link below will start a new thread in this (Rockwood) forum. Give it a new name. You can include "2511S", just distinguish it somehow.

Start new thread in Rockwood forum.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 06:42 PM   #475

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
The link below will start a new thread in this (Rockwood) forum. Give it a new name. You can include "2511S", just distinguish it somehow.

Start new thread in Rockwood forum.
So one can't start new topic on 2511s forum?

Del

2012 F 150 Ecoboost
Old 08-23-2020, 08:03 PM   #476

Quote:
There is no 2511S forum. The site is divided by brands, as in Rockwood, but not by models. That's why someone started this thread specifically for 2511S owners, but much of the content applies to other models of Mini/Micro-Lites, as well.

If you're a new Mini-Lite owner you'd be well-served to read the Rockwood and Flagstaff (Rockwood clone) forums. If you have any questions that are specific to the 2511S model that only another 2511S owner could answer, feel free to post a new topic in this (Rockwood) forum.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:09 PM   #477
Explore

Quote:
X2 to what chriscowles said.

Furthermore...

Forest River is the Forum not 2511S or Rockwood, Flagstaff, etc.

Rockwood and Flagstaff are examples of categories under the “General Travel Trailer and Fifth Wheel Discussion” topic.

For example, click on Rockwood then click on New Thread in the upper left corner. This starts a new discussion on any topic you wish cover under the Rockwood category. Fill in the Title block to give your new thread discussion a title

“Mini Lite 2511S Owners Thread is a Thread under the Rockwood category. If you want to start a new question or new comment or do a reply when in the “Mini Lite 2511S Owners Thread” click on Post Reply in the upper left corner. If you start a new question or new comment it helps to fill in the Title block.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:20 AM   #478

Major battery drain and an unknown device.

Hey, everybody. Hope you've enjoyed the camping season. We're hoping to keep going until November, here in north/east IL. All year we've had a problem with our 2021.5 Rockwood 2511s batteries draining. We leave our fridge running and it's using over 400 amp hours in less than a week. I'm using 4 brand new Trojan 105s and even exchanged them in case I had somehow gotten 4 defective batteries. I pulled every fuse except the fridge/large slide out one and still came back to dead batteries. We also used over 100lbs of propane in 3 months. That propane was also used for cooking and the water heater of course. I'd appreciate any input anyone has regarding their battery and propane usage and well as trouble shooting parasitic draw or over draw techniques. Another question I have is about a small device with a red light that makes a quiet humming noise and is located on the frame of the camper. Here's a pic. Thanks in advance for any help.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	22691.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	464.1 KB
ID:	239774  
JnDsTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:29 PM   #479
Explore

Is your refrigerator 12V only, 2 way gas & elect or 3 way gas/elect./12V?

The device in your photo is the repeater for your TPMS. It sends the wireless signal to your TPMS monitor in your TV.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:52 PM   #480

Quote:
Is your refrigerator 12V only, 2 way gas & elect or 3 way gas/elect./12V?

The device in your photo is the repeater for your TPMS. It sends the wireless signal to your TPMS monitor in your TV.
My fridge is a 2 way, propane or 110V. It doesn't have defroster fans the way some new fridges do, so the only thing pulling 12V should be the thermostat, right? I haven't taken the TPMS system out of the package to really check it out yet. Is there a way to turn that repeater off? Thanks for your time.
JnDsTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite