Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2020, 10:20 PM   #481

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnDsTT View Post
My fridge is a 2 way, propane or 110V. It doesn't have defroster fans the way some new fridges do, so the only thing pulling 12V should be the thermostat, right? I haven't taken the TPMS system out of the package to really check it out yet. Is there a way to turn that repeater off? Thanks for your time.
If your TPMS is like mine you can turn repeater off by just pressing the lighted button. It's an on/off switch.

Doesnt really draw a significant amount of power though.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:17 PM   #482

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
If your TPMS is like mine you can turn repeater off by just pressing the lighted button. It's an on/off switch.

Doesnt really draw a significant amount of power though.
Ok, cool. I'll try push/hold. Just pushing, it stayed lit. Does yours hum? Thanks.
JnDsTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:33 PM   #483

Quote:
Ok, cool. I'll try push/hold. Just pushing, it stayed lit. Does yours hum? Thanks.
No, mine is quiet. When I press it gives a light "click" and is off.

Chances are you don't need it at all and might try with it disconnected.

I have mine wired to the toe vehicle power lead that's only hot when engine is running. Actual charging is done from separate heavy gauge wire through DC-DC charger. Same wire that powers my repeater slso turns on charger.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 03:53 PM   #484
Explore

Quote:
Hey, everybody. Hope you've enjoyed the camping season. We're hoping to keep going until November, here in north/east IL. All year we've had a problem with our 2021.5 Rockwood 2511s batteries draining. We leave our fridge running and it's using over 400 amp hours in less than a week. I'm using 4 brand new Trojan 105s and even exchanged them in case I had somehow gotten 4 defective batteries. I pulled every fuse except the fridge/large slide out one and still camonths.me back to dead batteries. We also used over 100lbs of propane in 3 months. That propane was also used for cooking and the water heater of course. I'd appreciate any input anyone has regarding their battery and propane usage and well as trouble shooting parasitic draw or over draw techniques. Another question I have is about a small device with a red light that makes a quiet humming noise and is located on the frame of the camper. Here's a pic. Thanks in advance for any help.
JnDsTT,

Referring back to your original Post where I quoted you in blue above, you might find this thread helpful (particularly Post #4 if it applies): https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ne-162765.html

If you were running your furnace when dry camping, the blower will be by far, the biggest drain on your batteries. The furnace's LPG will also be the biggest drain on your propane tanks.

Hope this helps.
Camp4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:57 AM   #485

Those of you with the newer 2511s with two heat vents exiting from under the fireplace/tv/pantry can you tell me if the heat runs are separately run from the furnace or is it a single run that is “y’d” off from a single run?

I have modified the pantry and added the closet on our 2019 and would like to improve the heat in the back of the trailer.

Thanks for your help

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2020-10-03-08:56:17-640.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	240474
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:12 PM   #486

Rear Carrier Maximum Weight Limit

Sorry if this was already asked and answer as I didn't find it using search.

On our MY 2020 2511S rear 2" receiver I want to know what the weight limit is for adding a carrier with a load on it. Didn't find it in the Rockwood documentation. Does anyone have an official answer for the weight capacity un-altered from the factory?
Delnari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:57 PM   #487

Our 2511S is in storage now but I know there is a sticker on the receiver itself that gives you that load limit. You're welcome.

Paul

2023 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2608BS
2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S
2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2502KS
2012 Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel
2plus1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:16 PM   #488

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2plus1 View Post
Our 2511S is in storage now but I know there is a sticker on the receiver itself that gives you that load limit. You're welcome.

Paul
Paul, I guess ours has gone by by then, no sticker on our receiver tube or area around it. Do you remember a ball park number for it? Over or under 100 lbs?
Old 10-09-2020, 10:14 PM   #489

From memory I believe it is 300 lb. on a carrier. It is very specific that it is not intended to tow/pull anything. I'll see if I can verify that tomorrow.

Paul

Old 10-09-2020, 10:14 PM   #490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
Paul, I guess ours has gone by by then, no sticker on our receiver tube or area around it. Do you remember a ball park number for it? Over or under 100 lbs?
From a Rockwood rep:

"Right by the hitch receiver, we are putting a warning sticker that says 300 lb capacity and not intended for towing. The reason we put not for towing is because it is Forest River’s stance that customers should not double tow but it is the exact same hitch and frame setup that other manufacturers use and they allow towing."

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 05:51 AM   #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
From a Rockwood rep:

"Right by the hitch receiver, we are putting a warning sticker that says 300 lb capacity and not intended for towing. The reason we put not for towing is because it is Forest River’s stance that customers should not double tow but it is the exact same hitch and frame setup that other manufacturers use and they allow towing."
That is the info I needed to know. Want to put a carry rack on back of the 2511 and needed to know the max tongue weight for the receiver. The total weight needed measures 350 lbs with rack and item(s). Now thinking support bumper brackets added might give me enough rating to carry 350 lbs off the back though not recommended by Forest River nor covered under warranty.
Old 10-10-2020, 09:27 AM   #492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
That is the info I needed to know. Want to put a carry rack on back of the 2511 and needed to know the max tongue weight for the receiver. The total weight needed measures 350 lbs with rack and item(s). Now thinking support bumper brackets added might give me enough rating to carry 350 lbs off the back though not recommended by Forest River nor covered under warranty.
Perhaps bumper supports will increase the capacity of a rack mounted to the bumper but I don't think they'll increase the capacity of the hitch. While it is attached to the same steel members that support the bumper, it's well behind where bumper supports attach, and a rack mounted in the hitch isn't supported by the bumper.

Several members here use bumper supports and may offer advice based on personal experience.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:02 AM   #493

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
Perhaps bumper supports will increase the capacity of a rack mounted to the bumper but I don't think they'll increase the capacity of the hitch. While it is attached to the same steel members that support the bumper, it's well behind where bumper supports attach, and a rack mounted in the hitch isn't supported by the bumper.

Several members here use bumper supports and may offer advice based on personal experience.
Thanks for sharing that. I order the bumper supports today and will get them installed next weekend. Given the information here, we decided to keep the weight on the rear hitch under 200 lbs now and will relocate the other item to the bed of the truck. This will be under the 300 capacity limit and have the added insurance of the support brackets on the bumper for other usage while at the site.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:08 PM   #494

sagging t.v. door frame

I remember someone posted how they fixed the sagging t.v. door panel and since we are having the same trouble, would like to hear from the poster.

The tv door end that latches and swings out rubs on the wooden trim below the door. The opposite end is also loose. Does anyone know whether the tv frame is adjustable?.
Del

Del

2020 Rockwood Minilite 2511S
2012 F 150 Ecoboost
delseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:48 AM   #495
Explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by delseb View Post
I remember someone posted how they fixed the sagging t.v. door panel and since we are having the same trouble, would like to hear from the poster.

The tv door end that latches and swings out rubs on the wooden trim below the door. The opposite end is also loose. Does anyone know whether the tv frame is adjustable?.
Del
On my 2019.5 2511S the top wood frame that the TV's swing arm mounts to came apart (dropped). Trailer was under warranty at the time so my dealer repaired it. I recall the same thing happened to another owner.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:46 AM   #496
Explore

Leaving the FR and Rockwood Family

We sold our 2019.5 Mini Lite 2511S. Overall it was an excellent TT the past two years.

We plan to upsize to a 31 ft. TT that will give us the same floor plan with one slide out, theatre seats and a cushioned dinette w/table. Additional seating was our primary reason to upsize.

We THANK everyone contributing to this thread. It has been invaluable resource.

camping everyone!

Camp4two
Old 11-10-2020, 11:11 AM   #497

Thanks for getting this thread going in the first place Camp4two. Enjoy your new trailer, do you have it yet? Was the issue you had with the slide part of your reason to upgrade? We had a constant problem with our 2502KS slide coming out of vertical adjustment several times. It is a totally different slide mechanism than the 2511S has. We did hit some pretty hard and unavoidable bumps along the way but the design was not good. I finally made a mod that was still holding when we traded it on the 2511S. Once I got it adjusted the last time I drilled and pinned the brackets with #8 bolts So far so good with this one, in fact it is the closest to a PERFECT trailer I can imagine. No issues, none, and now that I've said that I suppose next summer will be a disaster. But, it's nice to be able to give credit where it's due, well done Rockwood.

Happy trails Camp4two,

Paul

Old 11-10-2020, 02:30 PM   #498
Explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2plus1 View Post
Thanks for getting this thread going in the first place Camp4two. Enjoy your new trailer, do you have it yet? Was the issue you had with the slide part of your reason to upgrade? We had a constant problem with our 2502KS slide coming out of vertical adjustment several times. It is a totally different slide mechanism than the 2511S has. We did hit some pretty hard and unavoidable bumps along the way but the design was not good. I finally made a mod that was still holding when we traded it on the 2511S. Once I got it adjusted the last time I drilled and pinned the brackets with #8 bolts So far so good with this one, in fact it is the closest to a PERFECT trailer I can imagine. No issues, none, and now that I've said that I suppose next summer will be a disaster. But, it's nice to be able to give credit where it's due, well done Rockwood.

Happy trails Camp4two,

Paul
Thank you.

We plan to order a new TT in late Dec or Jan. Jayco models on our list. The large slide out issue did not influence our decision to sell. No 2511S/25FBLS owners brought up any problem with their large slide mechanisms failing. I think it was more an unfortunate part failure. For us (after two years), it was the small HAB sofa seating area. Theatre seats and a cushioned dinette w/table will better fit our need.
Old 11-10-2020, 03:18 PM   #499

I wonder about the limited seating area myself BUT this year was no year to be able to judge as a result of the virus. We camped many times with friends but we all avoided any inside socializing sticking to 6' apart by the campfire. We have tried using a couple lawn chairs inside to allow for visitors and while it is cozy it will work for us as often as that happens. Lets all hope for a normal year in 2021. We saved a ton of money this year with the border closed but we enjoy contributing to your economy and look forward to doing our share next year.

Paul

Old 11-13-2020, 02:02 PM   #500

Greetings. We are new to the RV experience and love the 2511S. My TV is a 2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4X4 with V8 Hemi, Tow package and 3.92 Axle. GVWR 7,100 lbs., payload 1,537 lbs., tow rating 11,437 lbs., GCVWR 17,000 lbs.. I know the payload will be a little close to my rating but all other factors seem well below truck limits. I plan to carry about 200 lbs. on back hitch which may help offset tongue weight a bit. There are only 2 of us and we plan to travel all over the US. I am looking for some real world experience to tell me if this is a good fit or should I look at 2205 for lower hitch weight? Thank you.
Loafer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite