Old 05-03-2017, 06:20 PM   #1

MiniLite wobbly dinette table

Purchased our new trailer in 2013 and we can not tolerate this table anymore! Getting ready to take it on a week long trip and need this fixed! Our trailer came with the spring loaded/push yellow button to raise the table. It is extremely wobbly, can not place any drinks on the table while eating dinner. Just placing your arms on the table makes it wobble and teeter up and down. Spoke with the dealer about this after we purchased it and they said that was normal? Arguing didn't get us nowhere and this is our first purchase. Anyone else have any issues or thoughts on how to fix!

Booker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:30 PM   #2

We had the same problem and removed the spring loadedess with two of these. Problem solved.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170503-182841.png
Views:	105
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	136705  

2013 Rockwood Windjammer 3001w Diamond
Handydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:31 PM   #3

Loadedess =loaded mess
Old 05-03-2017, 09:49 PM   #4

how easy were they to install? Thinking of going that route, but haven't seen any pictures of what they look would like installed on our type of table with its odd shape. Thank you.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:56 PM   #5

Very Easy to install. Made a world of difference. I didn't think one word work so did 2. Good decision.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:49 PM   #6

So, is your dinette in a slide? I would like to change my table to this type of legs but am concerned about how to mount the base to the slide floor without penetrating to the outside yet being stable enough to bear someone leaning heavily on the edge of the table.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:06 PM   #7

A member of our camping group had same problem
He's a handy person. He bought a bracket to attach to the
Table and wall of the trailer. I believe he had to attach a mounting board to
The wall. Also purchased a collapsible/folding leg for the interior
End of the table (underneath) . All were purchased on Amazon. He said is
Easy to do and has worked well
He can fold the leg and unhinge from wall and put table top
Down between benches for an extra bed
It is now like many of the tables found in trailers
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmchapman View Post
So, is your dinette in a slide? I would like to change my table to this type of legs but am concerned about how to mount the base to the slide floor without penetrating to the outside yet being stable enough to bear someone leaning heavily on the edge of the table.
Look at my photo's of mods I've done. Pics #10, #11, and #12 show how I changed the table. Rock solid. You need to use thin nuts (jam nuts) with large fender washers and counter-sink them in the underside of the plywood.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/Pho...ry.php?cat=807

gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:52 PM   #9

Ours wobbles too. Never really thought too much about it. Now every time it there, I'm going to think about it. ahha
Days Camped in 2017: 71
Days Camped in 2018: 37
Days Camped in 2019: 15
bshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:09 PM   #10

Wobbly table

The problem is a combination of the table legs and a springy floor. I removed the factory legs and installed a pair of RV post legs but that won't fix the springy part. In fact the post legs will tear loose in short order without a firm floor mount. So what to do?
1. Installed a pair of flush mount floor sockets in the prepared holes with construction adhesive but that isn't enough.
2. Before installing the sockets you need under floor support. I found that one of my sockets could line up with the edge of the I beam and between that and a piece of 3/4 inch plywood with 1/4 inch tread inserts installed the one was made secure. I used 2 1/2 inch stainless bevel head machine screws going through the socket into the thread inserts. Tightened the screws and the coffee never jiggles.
3. The other socket was a bit more of an issue. Same screws and inserts but for this one I needed to drop the fresh water tank and cut a 10 inch circle of 1/16th steel sheet. I brazed the thread inserts to the plate and tightened everything up.
4. While I had the tank down I reinforced the brackets to prevent any "dropped tanks" in the future.
It was a lot of work but the results are great and the table is rock solid.
You might get away with a simpler system on your rig and you might not have an issue with the water tank. My rig was on a Roo 17
Happy camping.
DocRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:52 PM   #11

We also have that table. I really do like it, but found that the putting up & down was a real PITA We were told by Dealer that it had to be in the "down" position to travel. So DH took a pool noodle, cut it in half, and sliced one side on each and hollowed it out a little. He puts one on the back side and one on the front side - NO MORE "UP & DOWN" all the time We can leave it up when we travel.

But the table itself never "wobbled" while using it and I do like that you can move it around. We never liked that steel tube thing that went into the "doughnut" on the floor, those were a real big PITA!!! And those "doughnuts" would always pull out of the floor when you tried to pull out the steel tube.

So that is my 2 Cents!!
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmchapman View Post

No, our dinette isn't on the slide and it is also a U shaped dinette. We have the MiniLite 2503s. Probably going to go with Handydc's ideal. I have read threads where you can do this table on the slide side but they don't recommend it? Good luck! If you have the same table as me it's a terrible poor design.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshort View Post
Ours wobbles too. Never really thought too much about it. Now every time it there, I'm going to think about it. ahha

Yours must not wobble as much, we can't set anything with liquid in it. Especially beverages in cup! Our table teeters up and down.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:10 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikita View Post
We also have that table. I really do like it, but found that the putting up & down was a real PITA We were told by Dealer that it had to be in the "down" position to travel. So DH took a pool noodle, cut it in half, and sliced one side on each and hollowed it out a little. He puts one on the back side and one on the front side - NO MORE "UP & DOWN" all the time We can leave it up when we travel.

But the table itself never "wobbled" while using it and I do like that you can move it around. We never liked that steel tube thing that went into the "doughnut" on the floor, those were a real big PITA!!! And those "doughnuts" would always pull out of the floor when you tried to pull out the steel tube.

So that is my 2 Cents!!
Ours wobbles really bad. The dinette is u-shaped so there is seating all around and no rear wall to anchor it as in all of our old trailers. If we didn't need the table top to make into a bed I would just put solid legs on it or weld the pivots And joints shut.
dmchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:54 PM   #15

Added braces at bottom

I had that on my previous camper.
In my case, it was mainly flexing at the point where the verticle post was joined to the horizontal foot bar.
I brazed extra supports on both ends to strengthen the joint.

That took care of most of the wobble.

I didn't like the fact that if I tried to move the table on the floor by sliding it, it would fold up on me if pushed from the wrong end.

I did like that you could move it around, and even take it outside.

Tags
lite