Old 02-01-2020, 09:51 PM   #1

Mni-Lite 2205S prices in Southern California

Looking for a 2205S and just curious if anyone has bought one in southern california and what kind of price i should look for.
Looking at a few upgrades, 15k BTU A/C, white 2 tone exterior, power stabilizer jacks, solar, standard colors inside.

Also, any pros and cons if you have experience with one.

If anyone has a specific hitch recommendations too.
Thanks.

Old TT - 2019 Geo Pro 19FBS
Old TV - 2007 Toyota 4runner V6
baseballbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:09 PM   #2
Site Team

I never found a Rockwood dealer, in California, that I would buy from. We bought from a Midwest Rockwood dealer and made a camping trip out of the return trip.
Saved thousands of dollars, even after trip costs.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I never found a Rockwood dealer, in California, that I would buy from. We bought from a Midwest Rockwood dealer and made a camping trip out of the return trip.
Saved thousands of dollars, even after trip costs.
thanks

Old 02-01-2020, 11:02 PM   #4

When we were looking at Rockwood, Best RV in Turlock had the best. That being said, heard the owner is a PITA to deal with only buy there if you aren't going back for service.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 11:25 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
When we were looking at Rockwood, Best RV in Turlock had the best. That being said, heard the owner is a PITA to deal with only buy there if you aren't going back for service.
PLEASE read reviews for Best RV, before buying anything there.
They have horrible business practices and lousy service after the sale.
We shopped there and because of how we were treated, it made the decision to buy in the Midwest very easy.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
Old 02-02-2020, 12:04 AM   #6
KSH

Same, Best RV are terrible. I ended up going to Washington and saved even more. Owners are terrible and no service dept to speak of.
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 01:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
PLEASE read reviews for Best RV, before buying anything there.
They have horrible business practices and lousy service after the sale.
We shopped there and because of how we were treated, it made the decision to buy in the Midwest very easy.
That's why I said don't go back after for service. You have to play the game with them, buy your RV and be on your way. If you know that going in, you can get a good price. I know someone who bought there and they were fine with what they got.
Old 02-02-2020, 02:01 PM   #8
RE retired Fire

Rockwood prices

Hi, I priced my 2018 MiniLite 2504s here in Southern Cal. and ended up buying it from Wana RV in Shipshewana In. The manufacturing plant for my particular unit was 15 miles form the dealer so there were no shipping charges. Came out thousands ahead even with the round trip costs. We then did what we called a "shake down trip" back home. Just my opinion, but I know that shipping costs are one factor for higher prices and the fact that you live in So Cal means you can afford to pay more.
Relder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 02:24 PM   #9
Site Team

Some Midwest RV dealers will deliver anywhere in between, thus saving shipping costs. We had gotten a quote from RVW, with a delivery halfway, in Rawlins, Wyoming. Cut shipping costs in half.
Equalizer WDH
Old 02-02-2020, 02:56 PM   #10

We drove to AZ for the trailer we ended up getting. They had the best price in the nation and it wasn't even close. Took around 2 hours for the dealer to fix a few things before we drove away including actually putting a spare tire on the trailer. Glad I had my own PDI list so I didn't miss these things. Camped one day locally before driving home just to make sure nothing major was wrong.

I have never brought my trailer in for warranty work. I fixed all the things that showed up myself which is what you will end up doing if you drive to Turlock, Indiana(or half way), Arizona. This means I pretty much ignore any reviews of people that weren't satisfied with how the service was after they bought the trailer from a particular dealer. The dealer I bought my trailer from in AZ had horrible service reviews too. Since I spent less than 2 hours with him when I picked up the trailer, didn't really matter. Was never going to see him again!

If you have warranty work you need to get done, you hire a mobile RV repair person and get reimbursed from the manufacturer.
Old 02-02-2020, 04:00 PM   #11
1ed

Toscano in Los Banos sells Rockwood. Just purshased a 2109S. Happy with Dealer.
1ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 04:21 PM   #12

Try Towtally RV in Redding Ca. that's where I bought my 2304KS in 2017. They were great to work with. They even delivered my TT to Medford Oregon to the DMV so I did not have to pay Ca. sales tax since I live in Bend Or. They have 2 2205s in stock one 2 tone white with 15k A/C priced at $25,992.00. Their web site is Towtallycamping.com. The first picture on their web site of a TT with a tree reflecting in the window is my rig that I sent them when I was camping at South Lake Tahoe.
Werk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 06:07 PM   #13

All good info. Appreciate the replies. Thanks.

Old 02-02-2020, 06:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
We drove to AZ for the trailer we ended up getting. They had the best price in the nation and it wasn't even close. Took around 2 hours for the dealer to fix a few things before we drove away including actually putting a spare tire on the trailer. Glad I had my own PDI list so I didn't miss these things. Camped one day locally before driving home just to make sure nothing major was wrong.

I have never brought my trailer in for warranty work. I fixed all the things that showed up myself which is what you will end up doing if you drive to Turlock, Indiana(or half way), Arizona. This means I pretty much ignore any reviews of people that weren't satisfied with how the service was after they bought the trailer from a particular dealer. The dealer I bought my trailer from in AZ had horrible service reviews too. Since I spent less than 2 hours with him when I picked up the trailer, didn't really matter. Was never going to see him again!

If you have warranty work you need to get done, you hire a mobile RV repair person and get reimbursed from the manufacturer.
Babock, Do you remember the name of the dealer?

Old 02-03-2020, 12:01 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballbuzz View Post
Babock, Do you remember the name of the dealer?
It was Scottsdale RV. Just looked them up and they are no longer open for business.

I guess their deals were just too good! LOL
Old 02-03-2020, 03:32 AM   #16

Thumbs up 2205S

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballbuzz View Post
Looking for a 2205S and just curious if anyone has bought one in southern california and what kind of price i should look for.
Looking at a few upgrades, 15k BTU A/C, white 2 tone exterior, power stabilizer jacks, solar, standard colors inside.

Also, any pros and cons if you have experience with one.

If anyone has a specific hitch recommendations too.
Thanks.
Good choice.

We have one on order over here on the East Coast, it has been 8 weeks now so it should be showing up soon I hope. Sorry, can't help with the Cali pricing...

Going from a 2109S to the 2205S. Love the open floorplan and that everything is useable with the slide in.

Went with the extra Maxxair fan over the bed, the 15k a/c, the Slatewood and Stone interior with the woodgrain floor...

We got the theater seats instead of a dinette or hide a bed...

Stayed with the tan or champagne exterior, just personal preference, plus it matches the garage when home in the driveway...

I like the manual stab jacks, then I upgrade to the heavy duty BAL manual stabs... Zap em with a cordless drill and only takes 5 mins. I like that I can manually "feel" how much weight is on each corner, but that is just me...

For a hitch, we have always used the "Equalizer" brand, the 10k lb for us. Tow vehicle is an F150 with factory tow, and I added air bags. Set up works real nice for us, tows the wagon straight and steady.

Good luck finding yours, I am sure you will enjoy it!
6CatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 03:09 PM   #17

I’m in Southern California, we drove up to Turlock to look since they had a huge selection, but once we decided on the 2306 we found one at Giant RV in Colton and they price matched the “deal” Best in Turlock was gonna give us. Not great experiences with the service at either place though. I never visited, but talked to the guys at Trailer Hitch RV in Nipomo a few times, they were by far the most “straight forward” and will level with you, and they’ll price match. Giant just happened to have the exact model I wanted without having to special order it. I’d definitely give the guys at Trailer Hitch a call, they were the least “sleazy” of all of them.
bradyfumbled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 03:18 PM   #18

I bought my Rockwood (Actually Ordered It) from Trailer Hitch RV in Nipomo, CA when we lived in Southern CA it's near Pismo Beach and had a really good experience and got great pricing 30+% and had no issues or complaints....I never used them for service so I can't comment on that.....They paid for three nights camping at Pismo Beach RV park to make sure I didn't have any issues.
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 06:20 PM   #19

I was living in CA. I researched prices all over before I chose RV Direct in Des Moine, IA. I flew there and drove my rv home. It was well worth the $40,000. in savings. None of the CA or NV dealers came even close in price.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 06:33 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
I was living in CA. I researched prices all over before I chose RV Direct in Des Moine, IA. I flew there and drove my rv home. It was well worth the $40,000. in savings. None of the CA or NV dealers came even close in price.
Yep, RV Direct/RV One has many of their RVs available to be picked up in Des Moines.

Equalizer WDH

Tags
california, lite