Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2019, 08:56 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25
Model doesnt exist at FR website

Hello I am looking at buying a used 2015 Rockwood signature 8282ws.

According to the vin its a 2015 (which is what the dealer is listing it as) but when I look at both NADA, RVUSA and FR's site it only shows them as a 2014.

Is this normal, its pretty hard to get a value or specs of something when according to rockwood and even nada it doesnt exist.
__________________

Scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 05:53 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
nomad297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,082
Here are the Rockwood brochures for 2014 and 2015. You will see that the 8282WS was in their lineup for the 2014 model year, but it is not in the 2015 lineup. The RV you are looking at was probably built late in the 2014 model production year. Discrepancies like this happen with RV VINs quite often. What you are looking at is really a 2014 8282WS, but it may have been sold as a 2015 model before Rockwood decided they were going to drop that model from the 2015 lineup. My 2016 Windjammer matches the specifications outlined in the 2015 brochure, but it does not match the specifications in the 2016 brochure. I bought it in 2015.

Bruce

2014 Rockwood brochure: https://forestriverinc.com/brochures...rkbrochure.pdf

2015 Rockwood brochure: https://forestriverinc.com/brochures...rkbrochure.pdf
__________________

__________________
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 06:17 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
nomad297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
[W]hen I look at FR's site it only shows them as a 2014.
Where on Forest Riverís site are you finding this information? Is there an archive where you can search for information on older models? I looked around and I canít find anything for researching older models. It would be handy to know where this is.

Thanks,

Bruce
__________________
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:09 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Where on Forest Riverís site are you finding this information? Is there an archive where you can search for information on older models? I looked around and I canít find anything for researching older models. It would be handy to know where this is.

Thanks,

Bruce
Keystone has a section like that for specs of older trailers but Forest River does not. I was going by the same information you found, the brochures.

Thanks for your input Bruce, I appreciate it.
Scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:26 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Oaklevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
Hello I am looking at buying a used 2015 Rockwood signature 8282ws.

According to the vin its a 2015 (which is what the dealer is listing it as) but when I look at both NADA, RVUSA and FR's site it only shows them as a 2014.

Is this normal, its pretty hard to get a value or specs of something when according to rockwood and even nada it doesnt exist.
NADA does not include all camping trailers in their price lists, too many. I don't think I found any of our previous trailers listed in NADA. Not unusual at all.

What Nomad297 said is common for changes and models being added or dropped during the model year. The brochure is probably saved from later in the year.

What the title says is what it is. Even if it may not truly be.

My best example is Ford Mustangs were produced and introduced late in the 1964 model year. Everyone calls them 1964 1/2's but they are all titled as 1965's

Good Luck !!

__________________

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:47 PM   #6
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 20,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Here are the Rockwood brochures for 2014 and 2015. You will see that the 8282WS was in their lineup for the 2014 model year, but it is not in the 2015 lineup. The RV you are looking at was probably built late in the 2014 model production year. Discrepancies like this happen with RV VINs quite often. What you are looking at is really a 2014 8282WS, but it may have been sold as a 2015 model before Rockwood decided they were going to drop that model from the 2015 lineup. My 2016 Windjammer matches the specifications outlined in the 2015 brochure, but it does not match the specifications in the 2016 brochure. I bought it in 2015.

Bruce

2014 Rockwood brochure: https://forestriverinc.com/brochures...rkbrochure.pdf

2015 Rockwood brochure: https://forestriverinc.com/brochures...rkbrochure.pdf
We have a 2016 PrimeTime TracerAir 255. When you look at NADA or the 2016 TracerAir brochure, it doesn't exist.
That's because it was a holdover from the 2015 line and was dropped before the 2016 brochure came out. So it was an early spring model.
We also owned an early spring 2007 Roo 23SS that had the interior decor from the 2006 line.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:57 PM   #7
Retired Old Fart
 
dward51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: McDonough, GA
Posts: 782
I don't know if this applies to FR units or not, but the VIN standard normally has a specific position in the series for the year of the unit. The North American VIN standard is the code for the unit year is the 10th digit in the 17 digit VIN number.

2014 is "E"
2015 is "F"

So see if your 10th digit in the VIN is a "F". If it's a "E" you have a 2014.

I just looked at the VIN for my 2015 Freedom Express and my 10th digit code is "F" so FR is using the VIN standards.
__________________
Just the 2 of us in a...
2015 Freedom Express 246RKS
2002 GMC Sierra 1500
dward51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 04:01 PM   #8
D W
Senior Member
 
D W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: ALASKA (World's Biggest Campground)
Posts: 1,929
For FR towables and slide-in campers, the 10th Digit of the VIN is the only character that has any semblance to a traditional VIN. The other characters in the FR VINs are manufacturer specific. See the following:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FR-VIN ORIGIN.pdf (103.6 KB, 19 views)
__________________
'04 K3500 Silverado LS with LS3 Connect & Cruise- with Intimidator SSI PKG- Reprogrammed 4L80E
2016 Salem 27RKSS
1984 CHEV SCOTTSDALE K20 2GCGK24J0E1XXXXXX (Chevrolet Legends-Class of 2019)
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 04:04 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
camaraderie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,302
FWIW...I have the only 2015 280DS G'town in existence and it is not listed in the FR archives or NADA. What happened with mine is that they had already been converting the line over for the next models with some changes in construction applying to all 2015's vs. 2014's... and since no more 280's were going to be produced, they took my order and built it but incorporated the 2015 general changes...full vinyl floors, LED lights throughout, flush frameless windows and a slideout for the pass through. It was actually built in May of 2014 but still gets the 2015 designation because everything else from 2014 model year stopped earlier. It may be that the Rockwood was also a late production model that has some features the 2014's did not. As a practical matter...you're not gonna find too much difference a few years from now when you go to sell one of either year...so use the production date to get a little extra now when you buy and you'll be fine. Alternatively...look at the NADA price difference between 2013 and 2014 and that should get you pretty close to what the difference between a 2014 and 2015 should be.
__________________
________
Cam
2015 Georgetown 280DS
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 05:00 PM   #10
Retired Old Fart
 
dward51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: McDonough, GA
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
For FR towables and slide-in campers, the 10th Digit of the VIN is the only character that has any semblance to a traditional VIN. The other characters in the FR VINs are manufacturer specific. See the following:
That FR VIN letter with the VIN codes was interesting. Going to keep a copy for future reference!

Thanks
__________________

__________________
Just the 2 of us in a...
2015 Freedom Express 246RKS
2002 GMC Sierra 1500
dward51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.


×