Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2018, 08:59 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmax View Post
Easy. got it. works good.
Cool! I just ran it out the hole for the thermistor and connected it to the 12V+ lug on the terminal block.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:58 PM   #42

I tapped into the fridge light

Works fine
vmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:29 AM   #43

I have the old style countertop on a 2015 3006wk and it's sagging in middle. Have a plan to to reinforce with a small aluminum box channel across front to support center. As anyone had to due something similar and how was it done?
wingfield4601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingfield4601 View Post
I have the old style countertop on a 2015 3006wk and it's sagging in middle. Have a plan to to reinforce with a small aluminum box channel across front to support center. As anyone had to due something similar and how was it done?

Yup, absolutely. I’m dealing with my dealership right now to have the metal one that they have in the new models on warranty.
I’m disappointed that in a good quality trailer like my windjammer, that they made a so cheaply foam core counter top to support the weight of a fridge.
Old 05-31-2021, 01:37 PM   #45

I have done a few more mods since the original post:

I've reinforced the kitchen cabinet and hung the counter extension on folding hinges.

I've installed scissor jacks in the center of the trailer to help add stability.

I've installed slide toppers and upgraded the tank vent covers.

Also installed a WiFi repeater system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6057.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	351.6 KB
ID:	255737   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6058.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	351.9 KB
ID:	255738   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6001.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	296.8 KB
ID:	255739   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6108.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	342.6 KB
ID:	255740   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6127.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	230.4 KB
ID:	255741  

Old 06-08-2021, 07:09 PM   #46

I just installed a TST 507 TPMS. Very easy, just got the cap sensors, and they work great. I installed the repeater in the propane compartment, right next to the battery disconnect switch and got power from the running lights wire. I always tow with the running lights on, so that the back up camera operates.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6430.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	387.0 KB
ID:	256501   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6433.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	255.1 KB
ID:	256502  
Old 06-13-2021, 10:04 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankirk View Post
I just installed a TST 507 TPMS. Very easy, just got the cap sensors, and they work great. I installed the repeater in the propane compartment, right next to the battery disconnect switch and got power from the running lights wire. I always tow with the running lights on, so that the back up camera operates.

Make sure your valve stems are solid steel. We put the cap ones on our WJ and last year, I lost a valve stem due to the weight of the cap. Stem cracked on the highway and at least the TST warned me about the rapid air loss.
Windjammingnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 07:09 AM   #48

Just bought a 2017 3029w diamond edition from a retired couple who only used it a few times. It’s our first RV. Just joined the forum and happy people are posting about Windjammers. When we travel I have not seen any on the road or at any parks. Why is that?
Dhyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 07:32 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhyland View Post
Just bought a 2017 3029w diamond edition from a retired couple who only used it a few times. It’s our first RV. Just joined the forum and happy people are posting about Windjammers. When we travel I have not seen any on the road or at any parks. Why is that?
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the purchase of your Windjammer!

You sure picked the right first travel trailer. It may very likely be your last. If this isn’t the last travel trailer you buy, you will forever be wondering why you got rid of it.

As far as why you don’t see too many goes; they just didn’t build as many Windjammers and other V-nose trailers since they were more difficult to build than the others and required huge changes on the line during production — this is why they quit making them.

There’s not too many people who were unhappy with their Windjammer. Here’s a link to a very long thread here with Windjammer owners posting their experiences:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ers-97767.html

Bruce
Old 08-22-2021, 07:50 AM   #50

Windjammers or V-Lites rule! love ours. One of the better made units I believe.

Cool mods. Added the sewer hose holders to ours as well. Were there prewired cable connections at the TV bracket in the bedroom connecting to the entertainment system? Just curious as that is another mod I would like to make.

Also want to upgrade the mattress to a larger thicker queen size mattress, probably a folder to fit between the mirrored closet when the slideout is closed.
Old 01-21-2022, 03:05 PM   #51

This is a decent thread for us windjammers who like to consider modifications.
It's a thread that evolves over time, not just a current affair deal.
At least it should be archived somehow.
Old Forester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 02:31 PM   #52
Grumpy Old Member

Hey Windjammer Owners!

Since the main Windjammer Owners Thread appears to be closed.... I'll put this here.

Been a long time since I've been in here with any regularity so I thought I would say hello. I remember a few of you from way back in the very beginning when I posted about my purchase. It's been lots of years (took delivery in 2011) and I still spend a good part or each and every summer in my Jammer.

No traveling. Did that for the first couple of years and then decide that I was looking for a camp more than going camping. For the last many years my girl has been sitting on a permanent spot in my favorite RV park.

I can no longer move her about due to a permanent awning I installed about 5 years ago. That's fine because she's held up very well doing her part as comfortable camp. She still sits on her suspension and tires mainly because I've never really come up with a safe way to block her up and remove them. I may look more closely at this when the weather here in Central NY warms up.

Love reading about the modifications and the problem solving that has gone over the years and I was sorry to see Forest River discontinue the brand completely back in 2019. Oh well, now we have all have collectors items. ;-)

The rig has been very trouble free over the years that I've had her. No major component has failed or needed attention. I'm about to replace the Norcold fridge with a regular home model basically because I'm tired of paying the electric bill to run it. What a power pig on 120V.

I can answer questions if anyone has any. I know her like the back of my hand. Other than that, hello again and enjoy.

CZ

2012 Windjammer 2008w
2020 RAM 1500
ChrisZazzara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 03:12 PM   #53
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZazzara View Post
Hey Windjammer Owners!

Since the main Windjammer Owners Thread appears to be closed.... I'll put this here.
Chris, can you provide a link to this particular thread? The only reason a thread is closed, is because there have been rule violations or the OP requests the closure.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 06:41 PM   #54
Grumpy Old Member

Hi Dan,

I believe the thread is called “All Windjammer Owners”. It appeared to be most like a Windjammer Owners thread. When I saved my note the system told me that since the discussion was more than 127(?) days old I could not reply to it.

Is that correct, can these discussions age out?

2012 Windjammer 2008w
2020 RAM 1500
ChrisZazzara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 06:57 PM   #55
Site Team

You should have acknowledged that it was old but wanted to go ahead and post to it. It's just a notice that the thread is old. If a thread is old enough for that notification, I means it hasn't been active or responded to, in a long time.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 03:45 PM   #56

About to do a few mods myself.
I found some cup holders that look like the flip down ones. Any links to maybe better quality ones? Or ones with a tray ?

Also for the seeer line holder. Is there larger than 5x5? My setup has a clear fitting with a slight angle to it. It’s purpose was to have a hose fitting that I run from my front tank to the sewer line tie in.
I am thinking the standard 5x5 some here have built won’t allow that fitting to slide in. I think 6x6 or 6x5 would fit. Thoughts?

I also have to repair a small water leak in the bathroom under the sink. One of the crappy crimp fittings is slightly leaking so I’m gonna redo that with shark bite quick connects.

I already added a LevelMatePRO pro.

Any other suggestions?
Rhizzlebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 08:28 AM   #57

A tad surprised this thread isn’t a bit more active
Rhizzlebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 01:15 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhizzlebop View Post
About to do a few mods myself.
I found some cup holders that look like the flip down ones. Any links to maybe better quality ones? Or ones with a tray ?

Also for the seeer line holder. Is there larger than 5x5? My setup has a clear fitting with a slight angle to it. It’s purpose was to have a hose fitting that I run from my front tank to the sewer line tie in.
I am thinking the standard 5x5 some here have built won’t allow that fitting to slide in. I think 6x6 or 6x5 would fit. Thoughts?

I also have to repair a small water leak in the bathroom under the sink. One of the crappy crimp fittings is slightly leaking so I’m gonna redo that with shark bite quick connects.

I already added a LevelMatePRO pro.

Any other suggestions?
These are the cup holders I installed on each side of the couch:

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-44044-A...25&sr=8-5&th=1
Old 04-23-2022, 01:24 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankirk View Post
These are the cup holders I installed on each side of the couch:

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-44044-A...25&sr=8-5&th=1
Good idea. Thanks for sharing.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 11:15 AM   #60

I've compiled a list of all the mods we've done, since purchasing our Windjammer in 2017. This doesn't include repairs and maintenance.

Mods
MaxxAir II vent covers, all vents
Digital thermostat
Pantry LED lights
Carpet step covers
Progressive Industries EMS system
Alfa WiFi Camp Pro 2 repeater system
Flip-up cup holders near couch
Steadyfast stabilizers
Center scissor jack stabilizers
Snap Pad on tongue jack
RV Level Mate Pro+