Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2022, 11:55 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankirk View Post
I've compiled a list of all the mods we've done, since purchasing our Windjammer in 2017. This doesn't include repairs and maintenance.

Mods
MaxxAir II vent covers, all vents
Digital thermostat
Pantry LED lights
Carpet step covers
Progressive Industries EMS system
Alfa WiFi Camp Pro 2 repeater system
Flip-up cup holders near couch
Steadyfast stabilizers
Center scissor jack stabilizers
Snap Pad on tongue jack
RV Level Mate Pro+
Tinted door window with thin shade
SmartRV Fridge-Fix fans
Motion LED lights in closets/cabinets
TST tire pressure sensors
Furrion rear camera
Solid Stance step stabilizer
Solera slide toppers
Removed water filter
Bathroom cabinet shelves
Flip-up counter extension
Sewer hose storage tube
TV in master bedroom
Added gas struts to top bunk
Outdoor fridge door lock
360 Siphon tank vent caps
RV AirFlow insert in AC
Screen door protector
Camco screen door cross bar
RVLock keyless handle
Goodyear Endurance tires
Hi
Can you share any photos of a couple of these?

Interested in the counter flip up extension. We never use our extension cause hooking it on is a pain. If it flipped quick we prob would.

Also screen door protector?

Did you mount your master bed tv?

What’s an EMS system?
Rhizzlebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 12:19 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhizzlebop View Post
Hi

Interested in the counter flip up extension. We never use our extension cause hooking it on is a pain. If it flipped quick we prob would.

What’s an EMS system?
No prob! Here are pics of the flip up counter mod. I attached a backing board inside the cabinet, and then added a board to the front side to support the hinges.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6044_LI.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	277561   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6050_LI.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	277562   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6054.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	277563   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6057.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	351.6 KB
ID:	277564   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6058.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	351.9 KB
ID:	277565  

Old 08-07-2022, 12:26 PM   #63

Quote:
Hi

What’s an EMS system?
Yes, I mounted a swing arm TV mount on the back wall, below the power and cable connectors, for the TV (no pics of that).

An EMS system is an Electrical Management System. It monitors the power going into the RV and protects it against improper power conditions such as surges, low voltage, low frequency, etc.

Here is are pics of the screen door protector and cross bar, and of the EMS system. The EMS display is the small box to the right of the electrical panel.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0656r.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	274.6 KB
ID:	277567   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0831.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	409.2 KB
ID:	277568   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0468.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	402.0 KB
ID:	277569   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0475.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	324.9 KB
ID:	277570   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0486.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	358.8 KB
ID:	277571  

Old 08-07-2022, 01:14 PM   #64

Quote:
Yes, I mounted a swing arm TV mount on the back wall, below the power and cable connectors, for the TV (no pics of that).

An EMS system is an Electrical Management System. It monitors the power going into the RV and protects it against improper power conditions such as surges, low voltage, low frequency, etc.

Here is are pics of the screen door protector and cross bar, and of the EMS system. The EMS display is the small box to the right of the electrical panel.
Thanks. That counter might be something I tackle this winter.

I’d love to mount my bedroom tv. We have the 3006wk. Might be same as yours. It seems our cable connection in the bedroom isn’t hooked in because we were on cable in one campground and there was no signal there. But we had cable in the other rooms.

So last time I used an outside splitter abd ran an extra wire through the bed storage door and around the bed frame and down along the floor. We have a 32” on a rolling cart that we just have sitting in front of the back window.

I’d like it wall mounted but no idea where the frame is to hit it right to support a tv.

Also the swing arm
Mounts usually require the tv be bolted on. Would be nice if the mount could bolt to the wall and the tv just slide into a a bracket once we arrive. This way it doesn’t hang on the wall ripping at the screws violently during travel.
Old 08-07-2022, 01:24 PM   #65

Quote:
Thanks. That counter might be something I tackle this winter.

I’d love to mount my bedroom tv. We have the 3006wk. Might be same as yours. It seems our cable connection in the bedroom isn’t hooked in because we were on cable in one campground and there was no signal there. But we had cable in the other rooms.

So last time I used an outside splitter abd ran an extra wire through the bed storage door and around the bed frame and down along the floor. We have a 32” on a rolling cart that we just have sitting in front of the back window.

I’d like it wall mounted but no idea where the frame is to hit it right to support a tv.

Also the swing arm
Mounts usually require the tv be bolted on. Would be nice if the mount could bolt to the wall and the tv just slide into a a bracket once we arrive. This way it doesn’t hang on the wall ripping at the screws violently during travel.
We also have a 3006WK, it's a 2017 model. There was a sticker on the back wall that indicated where to mount the TV. I think you can also use a stud finder, or maybe a magnet to determine where the steel backer plate is.

I mounted a swing arm to the wall, and them mounted this type of mount to the swing arm. The other part of the mount is attached to the TV, and I just slip it onto the swing arm when we get to our destination. It just lays on the bed when we are traveling.

I found that the splitter for the cable connections is behind the USB power ports in the cabinet, below the living room TV. Remove the power ports, and you should find the cables and splitter inside the wall. Maybe one is loose?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	41fEG1dPvpL._AC_.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	277576  
Old 08-07-2022, 03:22 PM   #66

Quote:
We also have a 3006WK, it's a 2017 model. There was a sticker on the back wall that indicated where to mount the TV. I think you can also use a stud finder, or maybe a magnet to determine where the steel backer plate is.

I mounted a swing arm to the wall, and them mounted this type of mount to the swing arm. The other part of the mount is attached to the TV, and I just slip it onto the swing arm when we get to our destination. It just lays on the bed when we are traveling.

I found that the splitter for the cable connections is behind the USB power ports in the cabinet, below the living room TV. Remove the power ports, and you should find the cables and splitter inside the wall. Maybe one is loose?
Sweet!!

Any chance you know the name or a link for that mount? That might be just the ticket!!

Maybe a stud finder or magnet might work.

Did you just just 1” long metal screws and catch 4 corners of the mount plate?
Old 08-07-2022, 03:51 PM   #67

Quote:
Sweet!!

Any chance you know the name or a link for that mount? That might be just the ticket!!

Maybe a stud finder or magnet might work.

Did you just just 1” long metal screws and catch 4 corners of the mount plate?
Here's the mount, on Amazon: https://a.co/d/cifWVlT

I just used 1" metal screws, or maybe 3/4". What year is your 3006WK? Earlier models had the cable connections on the side of the closet, next to the small counter. I don't think those had the backer in the back wall. In the below pic, you can see the sticker that shows where to mount the TV.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0160 circle.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	277582  
Old 08-07-2022, 05:43 PM   #68

Quote:
Here's the mount, on Amazon: https://a.co/d/cifWVlT

I just used 1" metal screws, or maybe 3/4". What year is your 3006WK? Earlier models had the cable connections on the side of the closet, next to the small counter. I don't think those had the backer in the back wall. In the below pic, you can see the sticker that shows where to mount the TV.
Yes. Mine is a 2016. Yes the cable connection is just as you said. Side of the closet above the small counter. But when we’re at a cable site in April. I had the campground guy come check it. He said he could see signal to the main TV but it was as though those bedroom connections had to signal coming. I can check under the main tv. There are a splitter or two under there. Maybe they are the issue. I dunno how to tell if a splitter is bad.

So I ran a splitter outside and ran a black coax through the rear storage door and around the bed frame against the exterior slide wall as there’s a small gap there.

That cable just goes beside the bed and hooks to the tv.

I’d prefer the TV be mounted either high over that small counter. But as long as I keep using that same cable split I’m doing I’d really prefer it be mounted over the rear window area by the closet where yours is.

So in addition to the framing yours actually has a metal plate in there to hold the bracket? Mine may not have it.

I also feel like I saw a picture of another one once where it was mounted on the backside of the bathroom wall there. Maybe that’s where I have a plate. I dunno.
Old 03-05-2023, 03:03 PM   #69

One more mod completed, GasStop propane safety shut off valves. Had to replace the 12" pigtail hoses with 20", but very easy mod. Here's the updated list:

Mods
MaxxAir II vent covers, all vents
Digital thermostat
Pantry LED lights
Carpet step covers
Progressive Industries EMS system
Alfa WiFi Camp Pro 2 repeater system
Flip-up cup holders near couch
Steadyfast stabilizers
Center scissor jack stabilizers
Snap Pad on tongue jack
RV Level Mate Pro+