Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2020, 06:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo7 View Post
I pasted 2 links below that take you to the 4UCAM which is $219 on Amazon, about $30 cheaper than Haloview. I don’t have any experience with the Haloview but it gets good reviews. My experience with the 4UCAM has been all positive, it gets great reviews and is an Amazon Choice as is the Haloview. There is a Furrion adapter mount needed like the others, it wires up easy and works great. They are responsive if you email. It’s a little tough to see in direct sunlight much like an iPhone or iPad but nothing that would prevent me form recommending it. No matter which brand you get you will be happy you did. It’s really helpful backing up, makes it A LOT less stressful. Also helpful while in tow underway to see what’s happening behind you.

Good luck with your purchase.

https://youtu.be/yvwSM77-7yI

https://youtu.be/1IBhteHtKrY
I use an iPad Pro as a rear observation thingy. Since it’s mounted high in the windshield there is never any glare. The resolution is 2244x1668 so it has a really clear simultaneous view of the road and the GPS.
Old 03-02-2020, 06:39 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I use an iPad Pro as a rear observation thingy. Since it’s mounted high in the windshield there is never any glare. The resolution is 2244x1668 so it has a really clear simultaneous view of the road and the GPS.
So what camera do you use with it?
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:11 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
So what camera do you use with it?
Sharx SC3904. Has 1980x1020 resolution but since I see virtually no difference in view quality I set it for 1280x720. That increases the amount of video stored on the SD card by about two hours.

https://www.sharxsecurity.com/pdf/Sh...20SCNC3904.pdf
Old 03-02-2020, 07:58 PM   #24

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
emm-dee sounds like you are a tech savvy person. It also sounds like you have a good setup. Good idea - I like it when you can avoid proprietary systems and opt for components that add up to make a better than commercial off the shelf product. BUT for simpletons like me plug and play is a lot easier!!

The 4UCAM and Haloview systems inclusive of monitor, adapter and camera are both less than the cost of just the iPad but they also don’t offer the capability to use for other things they way you can with iPad. Nicely done. I’ll check out the link for the camera. It never hurts to be informed for when it’s time to upgrade.
Kimo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 08:18 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo7 View Post
emm-dee sounds like you are a tech savvy person. It also sounds like you have a good setup. Good idea - I like it when you can avoid proprietary systems and opt for components that add up to make a better than commercial off the shelf product. BUT for simpletons like me plug and play is a lot easier!!

The 4UCAM and Haloview systems inclusive of monitor, adapter and camera are both less than the cost of just the iPad but they also don’t offer the capability to use for other things they way you can with iPad. Nicely done. I’ll check out the link for the camera. It never hurts to be informed for when it’s time to upgrade.
Not that tech savvy...just retired and sometimes bored.

The Sharx, if using wirelessly, has a problem with delay. The ½ to ¾ second delay is not an issue when used for its intended purpose of home/business security but can be an issue rolling down the road. I have the camera mounted on the back of the Jeep toad so I mounted the Netgear router in the Jeep. Then the camera is connected via Ethernet cable to a router port with a reserved IP address. Connecting wirelessly to the router results in zero delay.

I use the MobiLinc app for viewing.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:04 AM   #26

thanks everyone!
flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:34 PM   #27

I have just gone through the process of research and asked the question in this Forum. Haloview, new product this year, is where I have been pointed. Robinson
Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 06:09 AM   #28

I have the Furrion, and it is OK, but I sure would like a bigger screen. The 7 inch screen, IMHO, is way too small for these old eyes. If I knew what frequency it was transmitting on, maybe I could get a larger screen in the aftermarket, or, if Furrion had an output jack I could plug in an add-on screen to their receiver.
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 08:23 PM   #29

Camera/Monitor

For what it's worth my 2017 Wildcat Maxx was pre-wired for a back-up camera. I got the back-up camera and monitor (wireless) from Tadi Brothers. They come already paired so you just wire it up mount it and you're good to go. I hard-wired the monitor to the empty fuse slot on the truck set aside for a camera for the truck. One side note. If you think wiring something on a camper is like a residence you are in for a surprise. You won't necessarily find a white, black and green wire to hook up to. You will have to do some testing on the rig to figure out which is hot and which is neutral.
Dashir5ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 01:11 PM   #30

Since your on rear RV cameras, our 2018 Cedar Creek came with a Furrion camera and the picture is so cloudy it isn't worth using. I don't tow anything so just threw it in a box. Any ideas? I'm assuming that's the way they are. At 82 I've pulled trailers so many miles I don't need to know where I've been. LOL
ER17453361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 02:46 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ER17453361 View Post
Since your on rear RV cameras, our 2018 Cedar Creek came with a Furrion camera and the picture is so cloudy it isn't worth using. I don't tow anything so just threw it in a box. Any ideas? I'm assuming that's the way they are. At 82 I've pulled trailers so many miles I don't need to know where I've been. LOL
Did you remove the protective film sticky thing on the lens?
Old 03-08-2020, 03:23 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ER17453361 View Post
I would definitely take it back to my dealer and let them look at it , hopefully replace it if they can’t find out what’s wrong and make the correction. The Furrion system is the industry standard, expensive and normally high quality picture so somethings wrong. I respect your years of towing experience but you’ll be happy if you get the system running and use it to back up. You’ll see what you’ve been missing... literally. I like it because it allows ME to see and estimate distance and what left and right mean to me moving the steering wheel. I’ve definitely had to apologize to my wife more than a few times for something snippy I said when she was giving me directions backing into a slot !! Good luck getting it fixed.
Kimo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 06:37 AM   #33

I have no problem backing anywhere or from the blind. Raised on a farm and starting backing as a kid including farm wagons with a tongue, however how far back would be a big help. My wife stays in the P/U until I get close. My old saying is that I've backed more miles then some people have driven forward. A joke of course but always funny.
I did check the monitor lens and it doesn't have a cover on it and the camera lens is clean. I think I'll hook it up, take a picture and send it to them. I might be nice to have sitting next to my Dash Cam. Thanks everyone.
ER17453361 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera