Old 11-09-2019, 05:20 PM   #1

My Bad! CO/PROPANE DETECTOR

Arrgh!

RV dealers!

I blame me first, but out in the 2109S today makin sure all food and liquids are out for the winter.

Ran the propane heater which we never use, we have a little Honeywell elec space heater because we always have electric when we camp...

I look at the carbon monoxide/propane detector cause the propane heater was kinda smelly inside from never using it.

The co/pro detector had no lights lit on it... Futher checking and makin this long story short, the dang thing was wired backwards from Forest River assembly.

Black to hot red on ground...

I wired it correct and thankfully it works, now green light on unit is lit, tests ok with alarm.

My bad, we have camped for over a year in this trailer and I did not notice that green light was not lit.

Something to check to be sure your's is working. Something our RV dealer should certainly have caught IF they P D I'd the trailer.

I will never purchase from this dealer again for this and other very shoddy items in the past...
Very nice people but not too happy with their service.

I feel bad mentioning the name of the dealer because perhaps it is only us that have had poor service there, but I will say if you are there, Shady Maple Smorgassboard restaurant in Pennsylvania, is a stones throw from the dealer...

I also will never buy an extended warranty on an RV.

Everything that has gone wrong on ours, I have fixed myself because I did not want it to sit at the dealer for days or weeks for repair.

Better be handy if you want to enjoy your camper!
6CatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane