Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2021, 04:58 AM   #21

And here I thought it was for "Dumb Ass". LOL
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 07:00 AM   #22
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
I too use this. At first I was put off by the price of the kit but gave in and purchased it after fumbling with other methods.

The telescoping pole with two sided head is almost worth the price alone.

Makes a clean and wax/protect job a far quicker project than the old wash and wax method using 1960's tech. No more moving ladders, up and down putting on paste wax, then trying to wipe off completely. Also no more lingering residue around lights, windows, etc.

Easy enough to do in a campground when looking fow something to do.

Also, easy on decals with no other "protectants" needed.
I typically apply this by hand but it kills my shoulders after a few hours. Plus my ladder is heavy. I need to just break down and buy the kit with the pole.
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Days camped '16=43, '17=47, '18=57 '19=47 '20=47 '21=64 '22=62 '23=72 '24=0
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:23 AM   #23
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
Yes....DA stands for Dual Action orbital polisher.
With so many people throwing around abbreviations like, DH, DW, DD, for the life of me I couldn't figure out DA. If he was younger, I'd think maybe, Dumb Aunt. Or dumb whatever the 2nd letter of the above abbreviations are for! I need a dumb relative I can trick into waxing the camper!
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 03:15 PM   #24

I use both the Aero Wash/Wax and Meguiar's Ultimate Wash/Wax. Meguiar's seems to do a slightly better job. I like Aero's extendable pole for doing the work. Once or twice a year I do a wax job with Megquiar's Ultimate Boat/RV wax. It has a mild abrasive so takes care of oxidation.
As I get older, I will probably continue with the Wash/Wax products and once a year have a pro do the heavy wax job. You can have them meet you at many campgrounds and many folks have it done at the FR International Rally in Goshen. Crew of 4 or 5 people knock out several campers a day.

As a thought, you might try contacting your local Boy Scout troops, you might be able to hire a kid to do the job!
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 06:43 PM   #25

I've been using a Mothers carnauba wax for a few years and have been pleased with its performance in our eastern Canadian climate. But this year, after hearing the positive results others found, I'm going with a ceramic wax (Meguiar's liquid). I just tested it on a few square feet this weekend and am optimistic about the product. The hand wax approach on a 40ft 5er is a major chore. I am hoping that the ceramic wax goes on much easier, polishes up quickly, and gives a more thorough, consistent and long-lasting shine. We will see.......
wilfb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 07:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra glide View Post
I typically apply this by hand but it kills my shoulders after a few hours. Plus my ladder is heavy. I need to just break down and buy the kit with the pole.
Just went through the whole trailer and truck today. I'd probably spring for the pole if this trailer were 25ft or longer instead of 22ft. Maybe early spring, or fall or winter would be more ideal weather. It's still 113 degrees right now.

But yes, I had to start wiping with my left arm 1/2 way through as my right shoulder told me it was too hot.

Turned out pretty good with the Aero Wash/Wax. The area about 1/2 way through the window from the top down has some minor oxidation on the front cap. I'll have to try and address that with some other product on some other less hot day...

2020 Rockwood 2104S
2019 Ram 2500 Crew 4x4 6.7 cummins
theHookers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:20 PM   #27

In the owner's manual, the paint manufacturer for my FR Berkshire recommended only using Maguiars (Spray-on, wipe-off). Thankfully, it is available at WalMart.
Old 06-14-2021, 08:30 PM   #28

Warbird

Just bought the full kit on Amazon and it arrived last week. Waxed my full 42' 5th wheel in one hour. I live in a low humidity environment and didn't even have to dry it off. The trailer looks great. The long applicator is high quality.
I'm sold on this stuff. I've used a lot of products over the years and this is by far the best. I wish I had this stuff in my youth when I washed and waxed airplanes in the summer for spending money!
Warbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:31 PM   #29

Thumbs up Warbird

Just bought the full kit on Amazon and it arrived last week. Waxed my full 42' 5th wheel in one hour. I live in a low humidity environment and didn't even have to dry it off. The trailer looks great. The long applicator is high quality. I'm sold on this stuff. I've used a lot of products over the years and this is by far the best. I wish I had this stuff in my youth when I washed and waxed airplanes in the summer for spending money!
Old 06-15-2021, 05:52 AM   #30
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbird View Post
Just bought the full kit on Amazon and it arrived last week. Waxed my full 42' 5th wheel in one hour. I live in a low humidity environment and didn't even have to dry it off. The trailer looks great. The long applicator is high quality.
I'm sold on this stuff. I've used a lot of products over the years and this is by far the best. I wish I had this stuff in my youth when I washed and waxed airplanes in the summer for spending money!
The Wash Wax All kit?

My camper now has a lot of black streaks on it. The only thing that seemed to get them off was Meguiar's cleaner wax. I did a small spot by hand. If this is the product I decide to do a 40' fifth wheel with I will need to buy a 6" orbital or larger. My wife and I can do it but it will take us a day. I keep thinking I will hire someone but I can't justify that $800 price knowing I can do it myself it just takes me way longer.
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Days camped '16=43, '17=47, '18=57 '19=47 '20=47 '21=64 '22=62 '23=72 '24=0
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:45 AM   #31

Warbird

It is the complete deluxe kit: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It also comes with a great cleaner in a spray bottle that made quick work of a couple of black streaks and grease spots on my 5th wheel. My rig is fairly new so I can't vouch for how it will do on streaks that have been there a while, but everything else in the kit is top quality. It comes with everything you need and the mop heads are washable.

Tags
trailer, wax