Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2022, 06:30 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Dietzen View Post
This is the # I’ve been calling (877) 294-8997.
Do you have a different one?
I called 574-294-8997. I called at 3:40eastern. They close at 4.
lewisra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 12:13 PM   #22

The first trip with the trailer this last weekend went very well except I backed into my house bending the top of ladder slightly on return! I had become a good backing years ago with various trailers, so it is discouraging.
I regretted not immediately installing the back up camera. I’ll seal slight cracks in the factory sealant with VHB tape. [emoji26]

Found a loose wire and blown converter fuse on the trailer but that hasn’t fixed all of it. I’ll wait for the fuse soldered into the converter board til I get it to the dealership in a couple of weeks. I bet there is a fuse on the inverter too. It was able to show battery power and 110V power also, but not turn on the lights, et c. It still showed codes P08 and COO.
Very strangely the TV and the microwave started working as well as the upper USB outlet on the sofa. Nothing else except running lights.
The GFI was reset after power was restored to the converter.
Richard Dietzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 12:25 AM   #23

Well, finally a meaningful update. So for me, following the troubleshooting diagrams, locating and correcting a very loose/disconnection at the positive side of the external 110 inlet, did not restore 110 AC power to the slide, stereo, tongue motor, lights, water pump and other accessories, nor 12V via the left side of the power distribution center.

After I exchanged email with Sean at WFCO service, he concluded from what I described the inverter probably had failed and need to be replaced.
Since I was still concerned about the converter and trying to explain related electrical issues, and needed to ask what the backlog might be on a replacement inverter, I kept calling back, until 8 days ago when Larry from WFCO was helpful. So kudos to Larry. He said he was out in the field for the three weeks, so that answering calls got way behind, especially the toll free line.

Although he thought the inverter could’ve shut down because the battery didn’t have enough voltage, he suggested that I check the converter’s 110 power, per the troubleshooting flow chart. He agreed that if the converter did not get 110V to the left side of the power distribution panel when connected to shore power, that the converter could be bad.
He explained that symptoms of a failing converter could’ve resulted in the clicking and flashing LED ceiling lights.
He explained that the converter does have a pass-through function, so 110 power could energize some of the trailer even without a battery, which I verified at his request by disconnecting the battery cables again.
Pass though of 110 without a working 12V converter section should not power my 12V refrigerator, which ran initially, then only intermittently before the flashing/clicking lights and COO inverter code. He said converter pass-through issues could result from excessive amps through the converter, but if my converter did not have transmit power to the 110 side and make 12 volts with the battery disconnected, it would have failed. “Everything should run from shore power if the converter is working.”
When I asked how stocks were running for the 5110 inverter and the 8955 converter, he said that a newer fully lithium-charger capable converters (new 8955 LIT) was back ordered, but less than it was when it could take months to resupply all older models. He said the dealer would have to check with warranty support for availability (it sounded like it could still be weeks). He believed they do have PC boards which can be installed in an earlier 8955 like mine to allow lithium batteries to be charged to 100%. (I should not need that because my solar system, if eventually working, should get a lithium battery to maximum charge.)
The good news is he reinforced the fact that they stand behind their a two-year AFCO warranty from purchase of the trailer.
Mr. Pederson at Forest River, however, replied that I would need to take it to the dealer service tech for evaluation prior to any submission of a warranty claim.
Since I took it to my dealer yesterday, my preliminary information from the tech is that I was mistaken about a blown cartridge fuse in the converter, which is hidden under a white cover and isn’t visible without removing said cover. We will see what they say.
Old 08-12-2022, 09:03 PM   #24

Need WF5110 WFCO PWM (OEM) Inverter Error Codes for 2022 MiniLight

Apologies, I thought I had posted the resolution in this thread as well as another.
Dealer found the converter was bad, had one in stock, and replaced it 3 months ago under warranty. I guess the 110 pass through was still able to power the TV, radio and microwave when the converter was defective. The fridge now runs both on 110 shore power (battery disconnected) and 12V battery power.

I can tell you that my fridge more recently didn’t come on in spite of inverter showing battery power(yellow light on inverter), until I followed the manual again (separate from the troubleshooting flow chart). To fully reset the inverter, I temporarily disconnected the negative wire from the inverter’s 4ga battery inputs.

Also to power the inverter, make sure the isolating switch under the frame behind the winch is rotated to on/green to allow the battery to power your inverter. After I reset the inverter as above, positioning the isolator switch to green/on restored all functions, and fridge then ran both on shore power (with battery isolation switch in lock-out position) and on 12V battery power as well. YMMV.

Tags
inverter, light, wfco