Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #1

New 2008 8313ss

We just bought a new 2008 8313ss and will be picking it up on Wednesday. Our TV is a 2004 Suburban K2500 6.0L w/3.73's. Is there any advice you could give a 1st timer? Any problems we should watch out for? Any questions we should ask the dealer at pickup? Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated as we are new to this whole thing. We have 3 kids (ages 4,8,12) and thought this layout would be perfect for us.
john-in-pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:12 AM   #2
ARLO

whats needed

Sit down with the family and brainstorm what you need. dishes, tools, can opener, wine cork extractor etc.. and make yor shake down trip close to home. Also, try all functions in your driveway sometime befor you leave. This makes for fewer problems when you get to your destination.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #3
Chris and Sara

There are several pre delivery checklists available on the web, I used this one a few weeks ago when we picked up our new TT.I sent it to our dealer a few weeks before delivery so they would be prepared!!

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenavistas/

For our setup and takedown, I found these to be helpful, since I'm also a first timer!!

http://www.thecampingjournal.com/RV-CHECK-LIST.htm

Good luck,and welcome to the forums, I studied these forums for the last three years before we finally bought!!

2004 F-150 with Tow Package
2009 Flagstaff 829 FKSS
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equalizer Hitch

renegaderailfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:34 PM   #4

Thank you for your help. Those checklists will come in handy. Are there any model specific issues I should be aware of?
john-in-pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #5

We've had our 8313ss for a year now. No big problems. The latest issue was the tank heaters. We live in the south and never have to use these, however, I found a post regarding the heaters on the black and grey outlets stay on even if the switch is off. I checked and mine were warm. I had to track down a fuse behind the converter and remove. You may want the dealer to check this out for you before you leave.
clk623 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8313ss, rockwood