Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2021, 11:10 AM   #1

New 2021 2511s Factory Order

Greetings,

I just ordered a new 2511s, a factory order. Anyone with recent experience about how long the factory order takes? They are telling me 10-14 weeks.

Also, any tips on what to triple check during the walkthrough after delivery?

Any good hacks?

I ordered the larger fridge and solar, we don't boondoggle much. Its comes with the 190W and I have a 100W plug in.

Any tips are welcome. We've had a 2015 KZ Vision RBS19 for six years. A really great trailer, but small. Time to upgrade, and we wanted to stay under 30Ft. The storage in the 2511s is amazing for the size.

Thanks in advance.
jsk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:21 AM   #2

Congratulations! We just ordered a 3051S on Monday! We have had a 24' TT (Sunline Sole) for the past few years, and needed something bigger, and newer for our travels. We are super excited.

2021 Forester 3051S
Toad: 2013 Honda CR-V
King George, VA
bfrench1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptownvibe View Post
Greetings,

I just ordered a new 2511s, a factory order. Anyone with recent experience about how long the factory order takes? They are telling me 10-14 weeks.

Also, any tips on what to triple check during the walkthrough after delivery?

Any good hacks?

I ordered the larger fridge and solar, we don't boondoggle much. Its comes with the 190W and I have a 100W plug in.

Any tips are welcome. We've had a 2015 KZ Vision RBS19 for six years. A really great trailer, but small. Time to upgrade, and we wanted to stay under 30Ft. The storage in the 2511s is amazing for the size.

Thanks in advance.

Congrats on your new TT.....I noticed you are from Pottstown, PA I grew up in Stowe, PA
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:36 AM   #4

Three to four months seems to be what people have been reporting on this forum. High demand, parts shortage as well as factory capacity are all problems.

There's not much that you can do but make certain you get anything you find wrong before you sign the final papers. People are waiting many months for warranty work. You need to make certain the warranty work is done BEFORE you sign. You already have experience with a trailer and that should help you spot problems.

Congratulations on your purchase.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:08 PM   #5

I have posted this before, and I assume it will continue to be ignored, but I will continue to hope!

Why do so many use numbers to ID your rigs? I have no idea what manufacturer, model, etc, or if you are talking motor home, 5th wheel, travel trailer or tent trailer.
JimMorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 02:13 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMorrell View Post
I have posted this before, and I assume it will continue to be ignored, but I will continue to hope!

Why do so many use numbers to ID your rigs? I have no idea what manufacturer, model, etc, or if you are talking motor home, 5th wheel, travel trailer or tent trailer.
First, the OP posted this in the Rockwood sub-forum of the TT/5th Wheel section of the Forum. So that tells you that it's a trailer made by Rockwood. That information is easily found at the top of the webpage.
It's not their fault that Rockwood uses numbers to name each floorplan and that's quite common in the RV Industry.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 02:19 PM   #7

We ordered ours end of November and were told not to expect it until AT LEAST April.
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 03:56 PM   #8

Not to mention...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
First, the OP posted this in the Rockwood sub-forum of the TT/5th Wheel section of the Forum. So that tells you that it's a trailer made by Rockwood. That information is easily found at the top of the webpage.
It's not their fault that Rockwood uses numbers to name each floorplan and that's quite common in the RV Industry.
Not to mention that the first two digits are typically somewhat related to the length. A 2511 post in the Rockwood SubForum is about a Rockwood that's about 25 feet long.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 04:20 PM   #9

New 2021 2511s Factory Order

Deleted
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory