Old 02-03-2020, 06:37 AM   #1

New 2205S Initial Impressions

We traded our 2018 Forrester MicroLite 21FBRS (2109S) in on a 2020 MiniLite 2205S for one big reason, the jackknife sofa that can’t be replaced (that I could find). It just wasn’t doing it for the two of us. When I saw the floor plan for the 2205S/22FBS with the theater seating option, I knew we had to check it out.

We went to the Virginia Beach RV Show, and Dodd RV had a 2205S on the floor with the theater seats. We checked it out and knew we had to get it. This one was “loaded” with the 15K air conditioner, the second MaxAir over the bed, slide topper, and the power stabilization jacks. And of course the theater seats, which we found out has heat and massage built in. The other standard features were also very nice to have: the electric fireplace (lots of heat and ambiance), larger Dometic fridge, Dometic 310 commode, WiFi Ranger Sky4, more storage in the pass-through and inside, three step pivoting entry steps, door window shade, a shower miser, 32” TV, and an IRV62 stereo with DVD player. The huge pass through storage has lights mounted at each forward pivoting door. The camper tires came with the TST internal sensors (including the spare), and the 507 color display.

After we took delivery, I started installing the upgrades I removed from the old camper: Torklift solar dual battery box, LevelMatePRO, RVLock keyless lockset on the door and matching keyed looks for the pass-through, digital thermostat, Mopeka Tank Check on the dual 30 lb tanks, Torklift propane tank lock, Winegard Sensar Pro Signal Meter, and a Fastway Flip Foot jack foot. I also transferred my Furrion Observation Camera and Andersen hitch from the old camper to this one before I left the dealer. I’m installing the awning hold down brackets I got from Old Coot, and screens to keep the bugs out on my fridge, heater, and water heater openings later today.

Now for my impressions after our first night in the camper. WOW! Even though this is only a foot longer, with the larger and deeper slide, the inside seems HUGE! We could almost put a pool table in here! We wouldn’t be able to play, but it would almost fit. The slide has not only the emergency exit window behind the sofa like we had before, it also has windows on each side, further increasing the sense of openness. The electric fireplace not only looks nice, it puts out enough heat in the current 50 degree weather to allow us to save on propane in the campground. The full queen longer bed (the 21FBRS had a short queen) fits my 6’ plus frame better. And I appreciated the larger TV during the Super Bowl, and the additional storage cabinet under the fireplace. The Lippert power stabilization jacks make it that much easier to set up.

Accessing the water filter and pump is from under the sink in the head after removing (and storing), the panel, and the backside of the water heater is behind the door and likewise stored panel at bottom of the pantry between the slide and the head. Access from inside makes it easier to winterize, but I will have to be careful when removing the filter housing to minimize spilling water.

Now for the “negatives.” My wife misses the under-stove drawer. That’s where they mounted the propane furnace. However we did get an additional drawer to the left of the stove. I don’t like the propane setup for the included griddle. The 21FBRS had an access on the exterior wall where you pulled out the hose (it stored where the under-fireplace cabinet now lives). Now I must go under the side of the camper to plug in the totally detachable quick-disconnect hose and turn on the valve underneath. The side table is now metal rather than the high density polyethylene one on the 21FBRS. Hopefully it’ll not rust too quickly. And during the dealer prep and my walkthrough, we both missed the smoke detector. They didn’t put in a 9V battery, a fact that I discovered out here last night, a small thing that I will correct today. After pairing the TST display to all five sensors (and the four on my truck), all show up EXCEPT the one in the spare. Even though the camper came with the repeater allegedly installed from the factory. I prefer the Furrion power cord on the 21FBRS which has a twist lock connection on the camper side and a better cover that snaps into place when closed. The marine-style connector allows for extending the length if necessary with readily available 30 amp cords, and gives a better (IMHO) connection at the camper.

All in all, the positives far outweigh any negatives. The 2205S/22FBS with the theater seating is an ideal setup for a couple. And if there’s an additional person or two that’s going along, the theater seats fully recline and I can attest to the fact that they CAN be slept in. At least for a while. This is a great rig! Pictures are forthcoming.

Past: 2005 Flagstaff Classic 625D
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost
marinerjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:16 AM   #2

sounds like you made the right decision and are now a happy camper

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:53 PM   #3

Same Here!

Sounds great!

We are waiting for our 2205s to come in, ordered 8 wks ago.

Traded our '19 2109s for same reason. That jack knife torture chair. I looked for something to replace it, but with that slide... nothin.

Besides, the 2205s had a ton of upgraded stuff... we ordered the theater seats as well.

Good luck with yours!
6CatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 06:09 PM   #4

We WERE happy campers before. Now we’re REALLY happy campers.
Old 02-04-2020, 04:55 AM   #5

New 2205S Initial Impressions

Some photos of the new rig from our maiden voyage.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0505.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	393.4 KB
ID:	222827Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0508.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	521.2 KB
ID:	222828Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0935.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	402.1 KB
ID:	222829Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0937.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	448.3 KB
ID:	222830Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1322.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	327.9 KB
ID:	222831Click image for larger version

Name:	60242896471__3D62515C-0AD1-411B-8B6C-F6709DC837AA.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	294.6 KB
ID:	222832
Old 02-04-2020, 03:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinerjoe View Post
We traded our 2018 Forrester MicroLite 21FBRS (2109S) in on a 2020 MiniLite 2205S for one big reason, the jackknife sofa that can’t be replaced (that I could find). It just wasn’t doing it for the two of us. When I saw the floor plan for the 2205S/22FBS with the theater seating option, I knew we had to check it out.

We went to the Virginia Beach RV Show, and Dodd RV had a 2205S on the floor with the theater seats. We checked it out and knew we had to get it. This one was “loaded” with the 15K air conditioner, the second MaxAir over the bed, slide topper, and the power stabilization jacks. And of course the theater seats, which we found out has heat and massage built in. The other standard features were also very nice to have: the electric fireplace (lots of heat and ambiance), larger Dometic fridge, Dometic 310 commode, WiFi Ranger Sky4, more storage in the pass-through and inside, three step pivoting entry steps, door window shade, a shower miser, 32” TV, and an IRV62 stereo with DVD player. The huge pass through storage has lights mounted at each forward pivoting door. The camper tires came with the TST internal sensors (including the spare), and the 507 color display.

After we took delivery, I started installing the upgrades I removed from the old camper: Torklift solar dual battery box, LevelMatePRO, RVLock keyless lockset on the door and matching keyed looks for the pass-through, digital thermostat, Mopeka Tank Check on the dual 30 lb tanks, Torklift propane tank lock, Winegard Sensar Pro Signal Meter, and a Fastway Flip Foot jack foot. I also transferred my Furrion Observation Camera and Andersen hitch from the old camper to this one before I left the dealer. I’m installing the awning hold down brackets I got from Old Coot, and screens to keep the bugs out on my fridge, heater, and water heater openings later today.

Now for my impressions after our first night in the camper. WOW! Even though this is only a foot longer, with the larger and deeper slide, the inside seems HUGE! We could almost put a pool table in here! We wouldn’t be able to play, but it would almost fit. The slide has not only the emergency exit window behind the sofa like we had before, it also has windows on each side, further increasing the sense of openness. The electric fireplace not only looks nice, it puts out enough heat in the current 50 degree weather to allow us to save on propane in the campground. The full queen longer bed (the 21FBRS had a short queen) fits my 6’ plus frame better. And I appreciated the larger TV during the Super Bowl, and the additional storage cabinet under the fireplace. The Lippert power stabilization jacks make it that much easier to set up.

Accessing the water filter and pump is from under the sink in the head after removing (and storing), the panel, and the backside of the water heater is behind the door and likewise stored panel at bottom of the pantry between the slide and the head. Access from inside makes it easier to winterize, but I will have to be careful when removing the filter housing to minimize spilling water.

Now for the “negatives.” My wife misses the under-stove drawer. That’s where they mounted the propane furnace. However we did get an additional drawer to the left of the stove. I don’t like the propane setup for the included griddle. The 21FBRS had an access on the exterior wall where you pulled out the hose (it stored where the under-fireplace cabinet now lives). Now I must go under the side of the camper to plug in the totally detachable quick-disconnect hose and turn on the valve underneath. The side table is now metal rather than the high density polyethylene one on the 21FBRS. Hopefully it’ll not rust too quickly. And during the dealer prep and my walkthrough, we both missed the smoke detector. They didn’t put in a 9V battery, a fact that I discovered out here last night, a small thing that I will correct today. After pairing the TST display to all five sensors (and the four on my truck), all show up EXCEPT the one in the spare. Even though the camper came with the repeater allegedly installed from the factory. I prefer the Furrion power cord on the 21FBRS which has a twist lock connection on the camper side and a better cover that snaps into place when closed. The marine-style connector allows for extending the length if necessary with readily available 30 amp cords, and gives a better (IMHO) connection at the camper.

All in all, the positives far outweigh any negatives. The 2205S/22FBS with the theater seating is an ideal setup for a couple. And if there’s an additional person or two that’s going along, the theater seats fully recline and I can attest to the fact that they CAN be slept in. At least for a while. This is a great rig! Pictures are forthcoming.
Thanks for input on 2295S, getting ready to order one as soon as i can get the price i want. I am also looking at getting the Anderson WDH. How do you like yours and what model do you have?

Old TT - 2019 Geo Pro 19FBS
Old TV - 2007 Toyota 4runner V6
baseballbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 04:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballbuzz View Post
Thanks for input on 2295S, getting ready to order one as soon as i can get the price i want. I am also looking at getting the Anderson WDH. How do you like yours and what model do you have?

I LOVE the Andersen hitch! Not sure of the exact model number, but it’s the one with the 4” bracket for the ball end, and the 4-6” holes on the brackets for the camper.
Old 02-04-2020, 04:45 PM   #8

That would be the 3350 model - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006X21B0M...v_ov_lig_dp_it.

I have one sitting in my cart. :-)

—————————————————
2020.5 Rockwood Mini Lite 2509s
2010 Ram 1500
drburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by drburns View Post
That would be the 3350 model - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006X21B0M...v_ov_lig_dp_it.

thanks David. thanks Joe

Old 02-04-2020, 10:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by drburns View Post

FYI, I looked at Amazon and saw the Anderson WDH from the link you provided. Looks like that is the old model. there is a newer model with a more rounded triangle plate

Old 02-05-2020, 10:01 AM   #11

Thanks for the heads up on the picture being of the older version of the hitch.

I checked recent questions and reviews, and they confirm that they are shipping the newest version...even though the picture shows the older one....but, I will double check when I receive the hitch.

Thanks again!!

—————————————————
2020.5 Rockwood Mini Lite 2509s
2010 Ram 1500
drburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:31 AM   #12

Thanks for the hitch heads up. I bought the same hitch from another seller on Amazon with a 2 week delivery. These guys will have it to me Sat. I was able to cancel my original order in time.

2020 Rockwood Roo 19
2012 F150 SuperCrew Ecoboost
hobienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:37 PM   #13

single pane windows?

Wondering if you have single pane windows and if so do you experience significant window condensation on cooler days? thanks
flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:39 AM   #14

Nice looking rig. That fireplace make it really 'homey'.