Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2017, 01:45 PM   #1

New 2507 Storage organization

We just brought home our new 2507 last week. It has a huge storage area in the bathroom (area above the outdoor kitchen). Just wondering what others have done to organize this area. Any ideas would be great!
Thanks
mini-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:17 PM   #2
Now Camping Year-Round!!

We're thinking that the far right side closest to the back of the trailer we'll put in shelves and block it off with a side piece of wood. Then we just may leave the other 2/3 of the cupboard on the left side wide open for larger items. Perhaps as we use it more we will change our minds and opt to do something with that side too. Time will tell.

The smaller pantry cupboard to the right of the dinette hubby hung a rod for hanging clothes in the lower half just high enough to accomodate hanging shirts, pants, jackets etc. Above that he added 2 shelves for our other clothing items. The wardrobes over the end tables on either side of the MB are too awkward to get into, especially for me so we plan to use those for things we don't often need to access.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5021.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	150146

2020 RW Signature 8291RK 5er (...May 2021) & 2017 Dodge Ram Laramie 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel 4X4
Still missing my beautiful Columbus2013 Columbus 325RL__2019 Rockwood 2511S__2017 Rockwood ML 2507S__Rockwood Roo 21RS__2009 Wildcat 29RLBS
WannaBcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:54 PM   #3

Sorry, pictures to come. But I hung a tension rod across it, and use half for hanging clothes and i put those plastic drawers in there for other clothes. The cabinets next to the bed I hate! So I use those for linen storage and whatnots. I figure we change in the bathroom, might as well keep our clothes in there. Happy Camping!
HoundsAbounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoundsAbounds View Post
Sorry, pictures to come. But I hung a tension rod across it, and use half for hanging clothes and i put those plastic drawers in there for other clothes. The cabinets next to the bed I hate! So I use those for linen storage and whatnots. I figure we change in the bathroom, might as well keep our clothes in there. Happy Camping!
Wondering how the trailer handles with all your clothes back there, is the weight pretty even?
Old 08-30-2017, 10:42 PM   #5

Clothes in the rear - balance?

Unless you have iron underwear, I bet your clothes do not weigh 10-15 pounds. That is only like 2 gallons of water going from the front fresh water tank to the black tank.

We have a 2509S which has the double full size bunks and a half bath in the back. For the cabinet to the front of the slide out dinette we picked up some plastic storage boxes, threw most of the lids away, and that is where we keep the paper goods, dish and bath towels, first aid kit, paper towels, etc. The cabinets to the side of the Murphy bed is where we keep clothes that need to be on a hanger and all of the manuals that came with the trailer. We took the manuals and put them in a three ring binder using page protectors. Nice to have them all in one book and indexed so you can find them.

We use the outside storage cabinet under the dinette seat for the hand cranks, newspaper for fires, power cords and adapters, marshmellow sticks, and other light stuff. The front left outside cabinet has all of the fresh water stuff (regulator, adapters, hoses, quick fill tube, etc. in a covered plastic box. We keep the dump stuff in an open box in the same storage area (gloves, clear elbow, bleach spray, black tank flush hose, right angle hose end that goes in the sewage inlet at the campsite, backflow preventer, etc.)

The right front storage area has the leveling blocks, a cordless drill with an adapter for the stabilizer jacks. We try to keep things on the side they are primarily used from.

We love our trailer and this was probably more than you wanted to know. Enjoy!
TV: 1999 Dodge 2500 Cummins 4x4
Honda EU2200i Generator, 300 Watts Solar
Ham Callsign KD7UM
UT_Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:05 PM   #6

Thanks, never too much information. Its always nice to find out how others organize.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:35 AM   #7

We bought the 2507 this summer and wanted to use it awhile to get a feel of it before we did any modifications. We very quickly realized the two closets next to the murphy beds are worthless to hang clothes in. Very hard to get to and arent really tall enough so we will be putting adjustable shelves in them.
The large closet in the bathroom will have wire shelving (16 to 18") all around the outside perimeter. We use to clothes baskets that set nicely in the middle.
We also plan on ordering two more of the doors that are over the dining table storage area and putting them in the two spots where there is no doors. Its a blind wasted space. I guess FR was able to save a couple $ by eliminating 2 doors.
Loghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:40 PM   #8
Now Camping Year-Round!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loghead View Post
We bought the 2507 this summer....
We also plan on ordering two more of the doors that are over the dining table storage area and putting them in the two spots where there is no doors. Its a blind wasted space. I guess FR was able to save a couple $ by eliminating 2 doors.
We wondered about doing the same thing. Have you found out if buying 2 more doors is an option and if so, how much? Are you planning on going thru your dealer or Rockwood directly?

2020 RW Signature 8291RK 5er (...May 2021) & 2017 Dodge Ram Laramie 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel 4X4
Still missing my beautiful Columbus2013 Columbus 325RL__2019 Rockwood 2511S__2017 Rockwood ML 2507S__Rockwood Roo 21RS__2009 Wildcat 29RLBS
WannaBcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBcamping View Post
We wondered about doing the same thing. Have you found out if buying 2 more doors is an option and if so, how much? Are you planning on going thru your dealer or Rockwood directly?
I haven't thought of going through Forest River, wouldn't know who to contact there. We have some warranty work to do this winter when we are done camping for the year and was going to have the dealer get them then.
Loghead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage