Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2018, 06:40 PM   #1

New 2509S with plumbing leak

My husband and I are completely new to travel trailers and I haven't really been camping since I was a child. However, a bed bug incident at a hotel in Orlando has lead us down this path and today we drove off the lot with our brand new 2509s. I was a little anxious as I have been skimming these forums and wasn't sure what we would be getting in to. Neither my husband or I are handy people (I am more so than him). We setup our trailer at a campground so we could learn how everything works and as I was cleaning out the kitchen drawers I noticed some water in the utensil caddy. I have determined the leak coming from the black pipe just under the "nut" that you can turn. My husband tightened it but it still leaks. My dad said it probably doesn't have the little washer in it and he is going to come back another day and try to fix it. I could just drive it back to the dealership but it would be much easier for my dad to fix it should it be something simple. I am asking for assistance with two things:
1) How do you take the kitchen drawers out?
2) Do you agree it is probably just missing a washer (or plastic ring) as my dad suggested?

I appreciate any help. I would really like to relax and just enjoy our new purchase with my husband and our two small children but I am afraid this is indicative of more issues to come. We should have caught this on our PDI.

I apologize if I am posting in the wrong place. This is my first post to this forum (or any forum for that matter) but I think this forum could be an extremely useful resource for us.

Thank you!
Dawn
dawnfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 06:49 PM   #2
Coach

It's very possible a gasket is missing or the pipe may be cross threaded. Not sure if your drawers are the same, but ours have little triggers on the track on the side of the drawer. Flip the trigger and the drawer should pull all the way out.

2017 Sandpiper 381RBOK
2006 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually
valleyduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 06:54 PM   #3

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...rs-141149.html
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:40 AM   #4

Yes, "gasket" is the word my dad used and I couldn't remember. Thank you for the tips and the link for drawer removal instructions!

Dawn
dawnfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:06 PM   #5

We also have a new Rockwood fifth wheel. Any problems with a new trailer should be addressed by the dealer. You should have a one-year bumper-to-bumper warranty, and if you fix it yourself, you my invalidate the warranty. We have had our trailer in to the dealer twice and have another appointment to go back. It is not unusual to have a couple of little problems with a new unit. We have not had any major problems, but just little ones, and we are letting them fix it. Our dealer has an authorized repair shop, and has worked on these units for years. They can repair things quicker than we ever could, and if they mess it up, they are responsible.
Make a list of any little problems you find, or questions you have (the manuals are pitiful at best), and let your dealer address them.
nanniwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:45 PM   #6

Sink Leak.

A friend just had the same problem with a Wolf Pup RV. Upon taking the sink drain out we found out they didn't use any plumbers putty between the drain and the sink, which gave them that slight drip. A way to check to see if that is your problem also, is to put the stopper in your sing and then put some water in the sink. when you look under the sink if you still have a drip, that is most likely your problem also. good thing is it's a easy fix with a small tube of pipe putty from Wally World.
RetiredAF1955-1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:40 PM   #7

Enjoy It!

Good luck on the new camper!

Gonna find (hopefully) small issues here and there, like anything new.

Small things if it's a quick fix, probably easier to fix yourself rather than a trip back to the dealer.

You would hope they would catch stuff like that on their inspection, but unfortunately...

The forum here, like most product forums, is full of help from experienced folks willing to take the time to help.

I always have to remind myself that folks do not post how great, or trouble free a product is, generally.

I get nervous looking through all the topics and posts, thinking omg, what have I bought here... but there are thousands of units out there trouble free, so I will focus on those, haha!

Have fun and good luck with your new one!

6CD
6CatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6CatDaddy View Post
Good luck on the new camper!
Gonna find (hopefully) small issues here and there, like anything new.
Small things if it's a quick fix, probably easier to fix yourself rather than a trip back to the dealer.
You would hope they would catch stuff like that on their inspection, but unfortunately...
The forum here, like most product forums, is full of help from experienced folks willing to take the time to help.
I always have to remind myself that folks do not post how great, or trouble free a product is, generally.
I get nervous looking through all the topics and posts, thinking omg, what have I bought here... but there are thousands of units out there trouble free, so I will focus on those, haha!
Have fun and good luck with your new one!

6CD
x2
Welcome to the forum from MN.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 03:32 PM   #9

Well stated 6Cat....I totally agree. BTW....we absolutely love our 2509s! Fix that leak and you should get lots of use out of it. Welcome to the adventure that is RVing!!
TJ Midwest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, plumbing