Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #1

New 2604 Shakedown

I finally picked up my new 2604 last Friday and towed it to Chewacla State Park in Auburn. I'm pleased to say that with the half-dozen minor things that I found inop, not quite right, and just plain dumb, I know for certain that it does not leak; a plus, right?! From set up on Friday to teardown on Sunday, as anyone from the Southeast will atest to, it was a very rainy weekend in here in Alabama. All was not lost though as I was able to do a very thorough shakedown. Other than predictable Concert Tone issues (mine doen't play DVD's) to joints in the shower not being caulked I'm please with it and the deal that I got. Because of the rainy weather, I don't have any pics yet. Those will be coming soon.
2009 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604S

What she lacks in speed and comfort is
more than made up for in noise and vibration!
C130Av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #2

We also have a Rockwood 2604, I also had the problem others experience with the DVD playing. My dealer replaced the unit and all works now. Have not had any noteworthy problems with the unit other than the AC not keeping the unit cool here in Texas. I closed off and insulated all the skylights except for the shower which I finally removed the inside skylight and installed insulation between it and the outside. Still have problems cooling in 100* temps.

Enjoy your unit, we do.

Jim & Eileen
Silverado 1500 Crew Cab, 5.3 ltr, prodigy controller.
2009 Rockwood 2604.

Running mates Max & Kate Chihuahua's

Hobie Kayaks on Thule rack on truck

Retired Army EOD
jdeeter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2604, rockwood