Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2011, 02:55 PM   #1

Thumbs up New 3001W is one week and 1200 miles away

Just got notified our Windjammer 3001W is ready.

Mitch at RVW sent a few teaser pics. And this is where we learned that Forest River had dropped all the previous decors and a gave us a bit of a surprise. This is the new Riviera scheme. Austin and Seagrass are the other two.

We've got an appointment next Monday to actually lay eyes on for the first time.

JR

JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #2

More pics of the Riviera decor when you can please.

Thanks, Jack
jacksum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:40 PM   #3

did you order the unit with that color, we ordered our unit with the tuscan & vinyard interior, & have been told that is what we would get, i ordered mine in early june
alltexfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:23 AM   #4

We ordered a 2604 in early July with Riviera. We were told that all of the older colors were gone. Since you ordered earlier, I would imagine you will get what you ordered,

Good Luck

Jack
jacksum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:44 AM   #5

We love our 3008W Windjammer. Got it back in mid-May. Hope you enjoy your TT. I like the colors on it as well.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:48 AM   #6

Nope, ordered a Charleston interior and this is what FR decided to give us. Here are the rest of the interior pics we have so far. Give us a couple o weeks and we should have a bunch more.

JR

Old 07-31-2011, 06:57 AM   #7

Now down to one day and 500 miles. I really don't like hotels anymore.....
Old 07-31-2011, 01:27 PM   #8

I'm guessing neither The Great Outdoors RV in Evans, or Nolans in Denver would match the price of RVW and that's why the long trip to pick it up? If you checked did they even come close in price?
Wondering minds want to know.
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:41 PM   #9

Well, after trying to deal down Steve Caseys and Camping World (CoSpings) on an Outback 298RE, and making offers on both, which were more than enough to cover delivery from Ohio, I was declined on both. I did make offers to both Windjammer dealers and was given their best price, which was about $4K at least off from Ohio.

And we wanted some specifics on the order, we were not given a warm fuzzy on the delivery date. However, RVW told us they would substitute what we wanted on one of their current orders, so they got our business (and at least $3K off the best price to settle for a camper without the desired options from a local.)

I was also told more than once by the sales associates, that buying a camper was about comprimise. Well, if the price would have reflected it, I may have been more inclined to comprimise.

I tried to give them my business, but I'm not going to give them an extra $3-4K in extra profit. $1 or $2K, if I can get what I wanted is ok, but not just to provide them with the ADP (additional dealer profit), which is a term associated with auto deals.

Now, I'm sitting in Sidney Ohio overnight, getting ready to close a deal on what I originally wanted. I will overnight about 5 miles from RVW to fully check out all the systems and if all goes well, be on my way down south for an extended week to have the grandparents get together with the grandkid.

JR
Old 07-31-2011, 09:52 PM   #10

Well...I guess that about sums that up! Thanks for the info. I would have most likely made the same decision. I tried eariler in the year at Great Outdoors and could not get the deal I was looking for either. Decided to keep my current rig.
Guess they were expecting a banner year and didn't feel like they had to budge.
BTW....they still have the same unit in stock we were negociating on.
Its all good though....mine will actually be mine this month. PAID IN FULL

Enjoy the trip and I hope everything will be as expected.
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:49 PM   #11

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Your going to love your Windjammer !! We purchased our from RVW also,they were great to us! We stayed near by also the first night! been loving it ever since! Hope you enjoy your new camper !!

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #12

Well, so far, so good. Did the night at Indian Lakes State Park, really nice place, but no cell or wifi. Darn the luck. Anyway, that park is a real gem. Nice and flat for the bikes. And bring your favorite boat, tons of access. Kiddo liked chasing the fireflies. Only 12 full hook ups there tho, reserve early. All were taken the Monday night we were there.

Trip today ended up in Athens Alabama. Traffic/construction sucked on I71 and I65 (Nashville). They both added up to at least a couple of hours to this little trip.

Camper is doing great. One hiccup was the door lock kicker plate. I had to adjust it to make it work, but now it won't lock from the inside. A bit of work with a file/dremel and it'll be good to go.

Tows very nice behind the 08 Tundra, lots of power to get over the hills if you want to pay the price in gas mileage. Speaking of that I get 10mpg with gas, 8.5-9 with ethenol blended crap. No happy when I see the 10% sticker on the pumps. So far, Kentucky seems to have it all over, Ohio and Tenn not. Alabama remains to be seen tomorrow when I fill up.

JR