Our first RV trip was a success. So much better than tent camping!! We had only minor issues but all the main systems and overall fit\finish were good. Towing with the EQ4\Prodigy2 was great and backing it is much easier than we anticipated. We're very happy with our unit and had a great long weekend in Illinois, MO and KS.
With that said, here's the shakedown results. I don't think for the money that any of the issues below are too far out of the norm..we could have had major issues but lucked out and all of the below are relatively easy fixes IMO.
Warranty issues\On the road fixes:
- threw a plastic hubcap somewhere before the first rest area - dealer is sending replacement
- all Kinro crank windows have minor leaks when it rains - dealer will send replacement seals and we'll just replace ourselves
- a customer went through our unit before we came out and a couch cushion was torn from the back when they tried to flip the sofa by pulling on them - this was the most aggravating, but will sew this back on ourselves as it will take 6-8 weeks for new sofa and cost more in gas to take it back to dealer than to even have a pro upholstery shop fix this locally.
- bathroom sink had low pressure. removed 3/4" piece of wood from aerator
- swivel light above rocking chairs fell out of cabinet while hauling - turned 90 degrees and remounted and will use drywall anchor if it happens again
- valence above rocking chairs fell out of cabinet while hauling - will use drywall anchors to more securely mount the valence to the cabinet
- outdoor furniture cushions will drop the roof vent temps from 120+ to just 80 degrees when it's 106 out. Bonus points for matching our interior colors
- raccoons aren't afraid of scare lights. Apparently they aren't very scary...may have to buy a train whistle or raccoon mace. Could also try to domesticate a larger raccoon, bear or gorilla to scare the other wildlife away.
- the awning will hold a LOT of water - have since remembered to keep one end loose to allow dumping or just rolling it up when the wind picks up
- left to our own devices we waste a TON of water and have learned how to be water conservationists in a span of just a few short days
- our Concertone (Genesis 3) works GREAT. Props to Bob and Company for getting Concertone back on track with this unit! We especially love the bluetooth functionality.
- Oxygenics shower head is a MUST-HAVE replacement for the standard shower head
We hope this post is useful for any prospective buyers still shopping around and we are looking forward to many more trips in our Windjammer!