Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2021, 08:29 PM   #1

New Black Tank/ Odor/Toilet

Hi all,

Newbie here: I am currently parked hooked up to my house via a garden hose. I empty black tank into portable tote. This was my first time to empty black tank with #2 😂

Did a rinse or two using outside kitchen hose & filled black tank up 1/3 or less with a pod.

I am having odors in pantry and in bathroom intermittently since.

I did not have these odors while just using it #1. I also did not use toilet for two days after emptying and odor was strong.

I cracked ceiling vent, ran fan, climbed on roof and the odor was present for 30 mins.

Any thoughts?

What did I do wrong or is there a bad seal or a defect somewhere?

Brand new unit first time I have ever filled it up w #2 (sorry to be blunt but hey, we all deal with it) and this happened.

There is also brown water stains coming from the toilet water entry points. Normal?

Is there anyway to control (increase) amount of water that enters unit toilet, a regulator somewhere?

2020 8288SB Rockwood Ultra Sig 5th Wheel w in line filtration

Thank you!
jastewart25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:32 AM   #2

Make sure the P-traps are filled with water to stop the flow of sewer gas from those areas. The amount of water in your toilet bowl is controlled by the foot peddle. push it down slightly to get water flow but not open the flapper valve and the bowl will fill. I have no idea of what the brown water stains are unless your house water has allot of iron.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, tank