Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #1

New Cherry wood cabinets in Rockwood

Does anyone have the new cherry wood cabinets with stainless appliances? Just wondering how it looks. We really wanted the white and don't really like the Tuscan. It sounds like it would look rich but I wonder if it is too dark.
Hoping to get to look at one this weekend at dealership.
tchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:26 AM   #2

You may have seen this already but I posted some pics of both the Cherry and the Tuscan in another thread.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ead.php?t=4168

I think the Cherry would be VERY rich looking...but I agree that it might be a bit dark and close the trailer in a bit. I think it would depend on which floor plan you were going with. We liked and chose the Tuscan (to each his own) partly because we were concerned the Cherry would make the 8306SS feel closed in.

Also, do a google search for 2010 Rockwood Cherry....quite often you can find dealers that have gotten them in and have posted pictures. I just found several with the Tuscan cabinets yesterday.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

We have the cherry cabinets in our Georgetown. They're not real dark. Here's a link if your want to check it out.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/Pho...ry.php?cat=512

Hope this gives you an idea of what they look like.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:25 AM   #4

Thanks for the pics. Those look real nice. I think we are going to look at a dealer on Saturday to see if they have some in Cherry.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchart View Post
Thanks for the pics. Those look real nice. I think we are going to look at a dealer on Saturday to see if they have some in Cherry.
No problem. Another place to check would be Ebay Motors and enter Rockwood in the search. There's plenty of units from dealers all the time there and they usually post quite a few pictures, but nothing beats actually seeing them in front of your own eyes. Have a good time Saturday checking them out.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:50 AM   #6

Just an update on the Cherry cabinets.
We looked at them this weekend and I would suggest that if anyone is considering ordering either the Tuscan or the Cherry that they look at them in person first.
We thought we would really like the Cherry but after seeing them we did not like them at all. This is just our opinion. To each his own. We also did not care for the Tuscan. I didn't want oak but out of the three choices we like the oak the best.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:26 PM   #7

we just purchased the 2010 8314 BSS with the cherry cabinets and the stainless steel appliances. Best thing that we did. they are beautiful. We have grands and a dog and for sure didn't want the white. we had planned to get the oak until the cherry was offered. we ordered it sight unseen. i don't think that you will be disappointed at all.
fdamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #8

We just returned from the RV show in Hershey PA, checked the new 2010 Rockwoods as well as made other manufactures and saw the cherrywood cabinets, they like good in person, I also noticed that Rockwood now comes with Serta Mattresses and Nitrogen filled trailer tires.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood